Do you create video games in your head?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Stijn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2009, 3:22 am

I certainly used to and still do at times. I think everyone, NT or aspie, has ideas about how a cool self-directed video game would be like. I actually joined an online fangame development team several years ago in an attempt to remake a game I played a lot in my youth and had nostalgic feelings about. Game development, even amateur game development, is an insane amount of work and I think I partially have my Asperger's to thank for the fact we eventually completed it. It would have been difficult without the hyperfocussed dedication, urge to finish things we start and lack of need for socializing off-line, thus giving me more time online, that aspies often have.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 11:40 pm

yeah a few games but mainly they tend to branch off of my stories. and are mainly rpgs since that's slowly becoming my only favorite game type.

most of my stories are also in my head and develop into movies that are also in my head.

the two biggest games would be one based of of the return of xemnas a kingdom hearts game that is based of of kh2.

and one rpg\sims\world of warcraft\kingdom hearts styled game. it would be an rpg with the custimization of a sims game the seemlessness of WoW that acts like kingdom hearts in a way.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 7:48 am

That I do. My plans are top-secret.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 8:00 am

i use scenario editors in the RTS games i play to create levels for my self to try to master.

it takes a lot of refining of the editor language (like triggers and LOS events and task area tiles etc) .
that makes me dream about scenarios.
i play scenarios in my dreams that i must have designed while asleep, but there is always some fatal and infuriating flaw to the game play that sometimes makes me wake in dissatisfaction and i try to think of other things and i drift back to sleep.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 6:52 pm

Currently I'm "playing" a video game in my mind where I can play as any of the Hellsing or Trinity Blood characters in a SSBB type of game. I might throw in the Dracula characters for good measure, too.

DaxterVoose
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2009, 6:13 pm

All the time :0 usually when I'm bored.

LucidDreamGod
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2009, 6:27 pm

It's something I used to do all the time when I was younger, every time my mom would drive the car I'd picture some super hero running beside it. Grinding/Swinging from the phone lines, and destroying evil robots, and such. I used to make up rpg games, I'd have everyone's hit points worked out, and their attacks. I also used to make Pokemon like games in my head, instead of Pokemon they would be cats or dogs, crazy stuff like that. Sometimes I'd reuse a super hero I liked the idea of. Also in my early teen years when I got into resident evil and such, I'd make up survival horror type games with dinosaurs and zombies. Those were the last I remember, I wouldn't actually play them in my head though. But it was more like I'd think up the weapons and levels and such.

Basically it just involved me running around making gun shot noises with my mouth, and jumping up and down a lot. When I was alone of course :P.

I still do all this on rare occasion, but I play a lot less video games now a days.

DMDOKURO
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Mar 2009, 2:59 pm

I create music sims where house/dance music is easy, whereas speedcore/breakcore is difficult. Glitchy sublimonal music would end up as infinite score marks, like Rez's Trance Mission.

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Mar 2009, 7:29 pm

I find myself thinking up ideas for video games with the characters I all ready know. Sometimes my ideas become the fan fictions I write or sprite I create. It's a good thing I'm getting my degree for Game and Simulation Programming right now. I'm all ready about half-way there to obtaining it!

CGstucknthe80s
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2009, 3:18 am

I do this also. The last game idea I thought of involved me as a futuristic alter-ego I made up, in which I named Skylar Bonds (the name Skylar sounds futuristic to me for some reason) and a group of free-spirited rebels on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan in an alternate 1981 setting, where some of today's technologies have already been invented, and uniformity is expected. It would be a retro-futuristic action side-scrolling type of game. Your goal would be to fight off the conformists in several high-detailed levels in order to make it to City Hall to confront the corrupt mayor of Grand Rapids, who imposes the heinous act of forced uniformity on the city. The graphics would be highly-detailed and smooth, while containing mildly-cartoonish influences.

I also have dreamed up a futuristic basketball game, where it's the year 2083 (again, a retro-futuristic setting, but on this one more emphasis on "futuristic" than "retro), and the courts are glass with strobe lights underneath. The basketball goals glow and are about 16 feet high. The nets are actually colorful holograms that explode into fireworks when a goal is made, and while violence is prohibited, hard and flagrant fouls are not enforced. The basketball is multicolored and glowing, changing different colors with every new possession. The ballplayers are wearing flexible neoprene jumpsuits with armor around them, and jet pockets built into their sneakers. You can create your own league, coach, players, court, uniforms, etc. and would feature both real and fictional basketball shoes from brands like Adidas, Nike and of course, Jordan Brand. The 2083-model shoes would be very high cut, but flexible while at the same time protecting the ankle from injury, and would look kind of like those Nike Air McFly's from the Back To The Future II movie. Although it would be futuristic, the game would be bright, fun-looking and humourous. If you like dystopian futuristic settings, this game may not be for you! LOL :D

When I have ideas, I usually type them up on the computer, right down to every detail as to what type of music would be used for the games or how the graphics would be styled. I also keep them around as long as I can because, well, you just never know. One day, your visions could be realized by someone, as corny as it sounds!

All in all, imagining games in your head is just fun to me.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 4:59 am

I think about video games I would like to make and so on ^_^ mainly RPGs and adventure games since those are my favorite games.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 7:33 am

Not only do I create them in my head, I also play them. :P

It would be cool to work on a video game. Unfortuently my computer skills are zilch...

tda
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2009, 2:39 pm

When I was youinger, I had an idea for a game, more of a lengthy story, never wrote it down, but I think I might start doing that. Even if it never gets made, at least I can share the story with others...
if anyone here has an idea for a game, I can make basic games. I made a game engine that is basically a top-down view, with the basics (ability to shoot, manipulate a "shared" object (a ball, for example), chat, and file sharing. I am not so fantastic when it comes to graphics, though. ;)

Maybe we can create an interesting game or games...?

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 5:37 pm

I create some videogames and anime series in my head. I'm a character in a few of them.

Rack
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2009, 3:49 pm

A few, some of them are quite well realised as well. One I had a while ago is remarkably similar to Dead Rising, not just on a superficial level, but quite a lot of the specific detail too.

Zenky
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Apr 2009, 7:33 am

Yes, i create them in the head. I often think in some situations in real life if "this were a part of a video game", and think about this idle animation i could have.