Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2008, 8:03 pm

I loved Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, but I have no desire whatsoever to play this.

MiniMozartAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2008, 1:05 am

In my opinion, you all just need to quit your griping!
This game looks really charming and innovative, and you all just refuse to accept change.
Look at Resident Evil 4. It was a massive change from the first 3 RE titles, and look how good
that turned out to be!

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 5:55 am

MiniMozartAspie wrote:
In my opinion, you all just need to quit your griping!
This game looks really charming and innovative, and you all just refuse to accept change.
Look at Resident Evil 4. It was a massive change from the first 3 RE titles, and look how good
that turned out to be!

And they brought the Sonic games into the 3D consoles, and look how good they...oh. :P

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 7:38 am

O no. A game is slightly different from its predecessors. I hate it now. I hate Microsoft too and god.

/is resistant to change and close minded

Banjo was always 3d anyway. And Sonic has never worked in 3D. Rare were back on form with Viva Pinata and I hope that continues with this game.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 1:54 pm

I never even played the first game :oops:

We have the second one...I played it a little bit, but it couldn't hold my interest for very long =/

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 6:03 pm

I am a BIG fan of Rare (Kameo, Viva Pinata) and of this kind of games, today I saw a video about it shot at the Rare HQ, I'll definitely buy this game, unless it receives less than 7/10 on my reviews website.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 6:07 pm

corroonb wrote:
O no. A game is slightly different from its predecessors. I hate it now. I hate Microsoft too and god.

/is resistant to change and close minded

Banjo was always 3d anyway. And Sonic has never worked in 3D. Rare were back on form with Viva Pinata and I hope that continues with this game.

I only meant it as a counterpoint to the previous argument because a major change in the games' mechanics coincided with a general downfall in quality in that case. It would be fine if it was a spin-off game, à la Banjo-Pilot, but they're trying to push this as Banjo-Threeie. :? Changing the genre is generally for spin-offs, not sequels. Or if they had an idea to combine platform mechanics with a vehicle game, they could have created a new IP altogether - Sometimes I find that companies like to associate new products with a successful brand name to make it seem more appealing, rather than allowing the product to stand on its own and risk going unnoticed.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 8:19 pm

I was just joking really.

I understand the misgivings but at least play a demo before passing judgment. It looks fun to me and there will be plenty of platforming in the hub level where you search for parts for your vehicles. The vehicles will be used to complete tasks for Jiggies. Its not Diddy Kong Racing but more of a platform games with vehicles, not a racing game in other words.

Dinosaur Planet was rebranded as Star Fox Adventures if I remember and was still good. Banjo Kazooie from the N64 will be made available on Xbox Live Arcade for the 360 which is really, really cool.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 10:29 am

It's weird that Banjo Kazooie is technically in the Mario universe since Banjo was in "Diddy Kong Racing" on the N64.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 11:12 am

Well actualy didy kong racing was on more of the Rare universe, as Rare has been known to do a lot of the Donkey kong games, like did you notice the simularities with Donkey kong 64. see the bottom left loggo:
The thing is that Microsoft baught out Rare to make them games such as Viva Pinita and this game, they have also been known for haveing a strange sick sense of humor, with dirty jokes hidden everywhere. If you want check out vids on secret dirty jokes in the Banjo Kazooie games, and you will see how many there were in the game, I tell you there was a lot.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 12:08 pm

All the Kongs of course are in the Mario universe. Nintendo owns the rights to all the Kong characters and games.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 12:49 pm

The Banjo and Perfect Dark IPs (Intellectual Properties) are owned and created by Rare which is part of the reason MS bought them. Nintendo own Donkey Kong and related characters like Diddy, Baby, Cranky etc.

Lurv
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2008, 7:31 pm

I'm a bit skeptical about the vehicles, but... hopefully this game will still be fun. I still think I want it.

GNRfan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2008, 11:30 pm

I don't know , rare has yet to make a good title with microsoft , this looks promising though, but isn't quite like the other Banjos. Why can't rare make games for nintendo again those were THE BEST.

neo-pagan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2008, 1:32 am

The game just doesn't look right with such good graphics.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 4:14 am

IMO Rare was god before it got sold. I really want DK 64, too.

I've never associated Rare with the "mario universe", personally, like I would with Zelda. But they churned out some damn fine games back in the day. It's a real shame, the standard has really dropped.