Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2009, 8:12 pm

I was wondering if any of you guys are modders? I havn't downloaded a mod in ages and I'd love to try some of your content :D

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2009, 10:26 pm

I once got the Israel vs Syria mod for Command and Conquer Generals, but it wasn't so great. At least I had lost the first two tries because everything was different.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2009, 2:58 pm

I've been modding for Quake for quite a while now...I don't really have much that's finished though.

Also done a few misc things for DOOM, a few ROM hacks...the obligatory RPG Maker nonsense @_@

I know a billion great mods/maps for Quake, if you're into that game at all.

Well, maybe not a billion, but a lot ¬_¬

JPanzer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2009, 4:10 pm

I skin for a lot of games, including IL2: Sturmovik 1942, Men of War, Battlefield 1942 and Silent Hunter III and i coded for Commandos BEL and 2.

I did the occasional map for Wolfenstein and Soldiers: Heroes of World War II as well.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 10:16 pm

JPanzer wrote:
I skin for a lot of games, including IL2: Sturmovik 1942... Silent Hunter III...

Awesome, I play those games! What skins have you made? What tools do you recommend for skinning in IL2: Sturmovik? I want to practice making skins!

JPanzer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 2:27 am

Ahaseurus2000 wrote:
JPanzer wrote:
I skin for a lot of games, including IL2: Sturmovik 1946... Silent Hunter III...

Awesome, I play those games! What skins have you made? What tools do you recommend for skinning in IL2: Sturmovik? I want to practice making skins!

I found GIMP to be a good free program for skinning, rather easy to use once you get the hang of it as well.

If you save a skin as a BMP file you need to select the 8 bit - or was it another number - option on the save screen.
There is a couple of really good skinning tutorials on allaircraftarcade.com as well. :)

Hope that helps!

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 6:29 am

I used to mod for oblivion http://www.tesnexus.com/modules/members ... ?id=526800

but I got banned for posting apparently inappropriate pics, haven't modded since. I could make a new account and start all over, but it wouldn't feel right after releasing so many mods on my first account :(

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 8:09 am

Nice Oblivion mods, I've been using Guardian Alchemic set for some time now, it's a really sweet mod :D

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 12:19 pm

Thanks, glad you like it :D

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 9:03 am

ive decided I will go back to modding oblivion for at least one project, it will add a brand new city to the game I have already got alot of stuff done for it (although there's still a ton to do) and its been bugging me since I got banned as it was going to my biggest solo project and is something I always wanted to do since I started modding.

QuadCoreDueller
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2009, 3:01 pm

You got me excited, I thought you meant hardware modders.
Oh well, keep up the mods! Games wouldn't be what they are without you guys!

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 3:32 pm

Do it dude, that's a cool-ass gift.

Oblivion is one of those games you gotta go back and play again.

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 11:08 am

@ Averick, thanks for your support! oblivion is definitely one of the most addictive and durable games ive ever played and that was before I discovered mods and modding!

@QuadCoreDueller, I dabble in hardware modding, both consoles (360's to be exact) and PC's. I first got into modding consoles after resurrecting my brothers 360 from the RROD and then modding it for his birthday. Just finished updating the firmware on my 360's DVD drive and plan to mod it further when I have the money. I learnt PC's a while back and haven't touched them since up until a few weeks ago when I opened up my pc to replace the DVD drive, PC's seem to have changed alot from when i last opened one up and it threw me off a bit so i might need to brush up a little bit before I attempt anything else but I plan to replace the fans, graphic card, ram and the 278 GB HDD to 2x 1.5tb HDD's. but again that needs more money, a fair bit more than modding the 360 too! :P