Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Doomcookie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2009, 10:05 am

So last Saturday, I decided to make a used games trek and purchased the following games for a total of $51.48 at GameStop.

-Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
-Viewtiful Joe (GameCube)
-Soul Calibur II (GameCube)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
-Lost Kingdoms II
-Final Fantasy III DS

The one I've played the most by far is Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

I'd wanted to play it for so long, and it's certainly exceed my expectations, however...

I've had recurring nightmares, and have been quick to scare whenever I hear some weird noise at night ever since I've started playing this game. I've completed the path of Xel'lotath, and am currently on the path of Chattur'gha.

Has anyone-else who's played this game been given nightmares, or been scared at all by it? I know I certainly have.

kiransalee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2009, 10:41 pm

Have you ever read any H.P. Lovecraft or occult literature? Similar themed stuff to Eternal Darkness, it used to give me nightmares.

dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Feb 2009, 3:46 pm

Try playing that on halloween (or when your friends like to play tricks on you). I've done the latter & the friends scare the crap out me more then the game but it is fun

I'm not evil I just have a different view of good

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 4:26 pm

kiransalee wrote:
Have you ever read any H.P. Lovecraft or occult literature?

Playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth too close to bedtime gave me crazy nightmares O_O

Reading his stories just gives me very interesting dreams =)

ddrfr33k
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2009, 4:23 pm

ED:SR totally rocks. I love how it just f***s with your brain the whole way through. Soul Cal 2 was best on the GCN, so good find there. Another one that's really hit or miss is P.N.03. Personally, I liked the game, but I know just as many people who hate as I know people who love it. I just did up a review on it for my gaming blog. It's tied to my profile.