Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

paganita
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Feb 2009, 1:31 pm

i pretty much gave up on fallout2 after i got a character editor its really hard for me to tell what every thing is because the graphics are so poor to today's standards and i a cant really figure out which quests are the main story line I'm just use to more traditional game styles

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 2:16 pm

paganita wrote:
i pretty much gave up on fallout2 after i got a character editor its really hard for me to tell what every thing is because the graphics are so poor to today's standards and i a cant really figure out which quests are the main story line I'm just use to more traditional game styles

aw, you should give it another shot, the character design is based on old type role playing games.

you basically shape your skills etc, only its a lot more detailed, the "percentages" are just values, not percentages per se.
so 90% shooting skill, doesnt really mean anything else than 90 being a big number, ergo your a good shot.

its a sandbox-type game, meaning you wont get any guiding around for your main quest, which is "part of the fun", and maybe what confused you. theres no "railway" to follow, your totally free. to complete the game, you are required to be curious, and talk to people "at random", they may or may not give you quests, which may or may not push you foreward in the main quest, but in most cases, theyre only there to boost your skills through experience points, and level ups.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Feb 2009, 7:47 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
kxmode wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
best game ever.
mathematical, physical and chemical fact.

who's with me :oops:

Different game by different companies.
Different locations (1 and 2 = west coast / 3 = east coast)
Different cultures (the afore mentioned... 1 and 2 = west coast / 3 = east coast)

As far as I'm concern both are fun.

yes yes i know the details, ive been waiting for fallout 3 for ELEVEN YEARS.

ELEVEN YEARS.

needless to say, i felt it was a bit late, and i had been waiting for a fallout-2 styled fallout 3.
such a game was in the works, codenamed "van buren"

now i have to upgrade my computer and everything if im to ever play fallout 3 on my computer, whenever thats ready :(

I'm not trying to sound mean but whenever I read comments like yours they make me sick. You will never see classic Fallout. Ever. You'll be happier if you let go of the past.

The former things have passed away."

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 11:27 am

kxmode wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
kxmode wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
best game ever.
mathematical, physical and chemical fact.

who's with me :oops:

Different game by different companies.
Different locations (1 and 2 = west coast / 3 = east coast)
Different cultures (the afore mentioned... 1 and 2 = west coast / 3 = east coast)

As far as I'm concern both are fun.

yes yes i know the details, ive been waiting for fallout 3 for ELEVEN YEARS.

ELEVEN YEARS.

needless to say, i felt it was a bit late, and i had been waiting for a fallout-2 styled fallout 3.
such a game was in the works, codenamed "van buren"

now i have to upgrade my computer and everything if im to ever play fallout 3 on my computer, whenever thats ready :(

I'm not trying to sound mean but whenever I read comments like yours they make me sick. You will never see classic Fallout. Ever. You'll be happier if you let go of the past.

wow, "SICK" thats a bit harsh :S
i know ill never see classic fallout, and i have let go, im allowed to be nostalgic tho?

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2009, 3:00 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I'm weird though, I liked Wasteland better than Fallout :oops:

Yay! I also prefer Wasteland. It seems to capture the post apocalyptic atmosphere a little better than Fallout (for me anyway). I like the portraits for all the different characters you encounter.

I want to play through all these games and complete them. Apart from FO3 cos my machine is not good enough, although the 3Dness doesn't really appeal to me ... wasn't too keen on Oblivion.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 4:07 pm

Jonny wrote:
I like the portraits for all the different characters you encounter.

Oh yeah, those animated portraits were well ahead of their time.

I heard Brian Fargo got the rights back to the Wasteland name a few years ago...hasn't been any news since 2007 when he said he still wants to make the sequel, but I've got my fingers crossed.