Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2007, 7:34 pm

Chances are he was a right-wing nut job that is all gung ho about forcing his beliefs on others through legislation, a member of the American taliban called the religious right, or dominionists.... Rednecks and most Christian religious leaders (priests and clergy) blindly follow this filth.

Haerdalis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2007, 11:36 pm

I wouldn't say blindly, but the Christian clergy tend to be adopting a more pick-and-mix approach to their morals as dictated by the book.

After all, take the popes of yesteryears, many caught (and some died during(!)) in cases of pedophilia and adultery. And George Bush, who's "Love thy enemy" approach was a bit screwy once the hanging of Saddam was done.

Christianity, as a whole, has become corrupted at the top.
Lets get back to the wonderful anarchy.... :twisted:

McJeff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2007, 3:10 am

Some brands of Christianity believe in an end of the world scenario where everyone who died and went to Hell, are brought up and before the seat of the Lord. They have bible verses to back this up, coming out of Revelations. I don't care enough to go hunting through my bookshelf for the bible I had back when I went to religious school for 2 1/2 months back in 1996.

Anyway, once all are in front of the seat of the Lord or whatever, they are given one last chance to accept Christ, i.e convert to Christianity. Those who do convert, are granted access to Heaven. Those who don't, are sent to Hell, to (varying descriptions) burn forever, or to have their souls permanently and utterly extinguished.

Some preachers take it a step further and say that when all kneel before the Lord, they WILL convert. Nothing about a choice. Maybe he thinks that once they see the truth there will be no question, maybe he thinks that simple force of will from God or Jesus will convert them. I don't know.

But saying that binLaden will bow before Christ is in line with some lines of Christian doctrine, and in my personal opinion relatively un-odious ones.

*My experience with Christianity being maybe a dozen visits to church for the sake of a cousin I really liked, and the aforementioned 2 1/2 months in a religious school.