What are your thoughts on Ephebophiles ? (was Hebephiles)

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 11:15 am

zxy8 wrote:
Just because someone has thoughts about something, it doesn't mean they should be punished. They should only be punished if they act out upon bad thoughts. I presume most people would have wished someone harm in their life, but not acting out means they haven't done anything wrong..

zxy8 wrote:
It is not harsh. Because it is incredible creepy for grown men to prey on young girls. If you read a comment I have made about it in an above post then you will find the answer you seek in regards to close ages.

When was it said that if someone was attracted to someone who was below the age of consent they would prey on them? Just because you find someone attractive does not mean you would throw yourself on them.

Canada has some age of consent laws that make sense:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_co ... exemptions

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 11:16 am

Delphiki wrote:
When was it said that if someone was attracted to someone who was below the age of consent they would prey on them?

Exactly. I see attractive ladies all the time. I manage not to grope them and try to make them have sex with me.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 11:17 am

Delphiki wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
Just because someone has thoughts about something, it doesn't mean they should be punished. They should only be punished if they act out upon bad thoughts. I presume most people would have wished someone harm in their life, but not acting out means they haven't done anything wrong..

zxy8 wrote:
It is not harsh. Because it is incredible creepy for grown men to prey on young girls. If you read a comment I have made about it in an above post then you will find the answer you seek in regards to close ages.

When was it said that if someone was attracted to someone who was below the age of consent they would prey on them? Just because you find someone attractive does not mean you would throw yourself on them.

My state and a few other states have implemented similar schemes called Romeo and Juliet laws. I think it is a step in the right direction. Until a few years ago, the AOC was 14 in Canada. I think the US pressured them into raising it.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 11:19 am

zacb wrote:
My state and a few other states have implemented similar schemes called Romeo and Juliet laws. I think it is a step in the right direction. Until a few years ago, the AOC was 14 in Canada. I think the US pressured them into raising it.

Possibly had a little to do with it, but a major reason was from a 14 year old boy having sex with a 31 year old. When trying to find the link I gave I saw that. Look up Canada age of consent.

Last edited by Delphiki on 03 Oct 2013, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 11:21 am

In Arkansas it is 16.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 11:21 am

I thought one of the major things was the whole Amanda Todd brouhaha. Although I imagine the US had applied serious pressure previously.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 11:25 am

zacb wrote:
I thought one of the major things was the whole Amanda Todd brouhaha. Although I imagine the US had applied serious pressure previously.

Well I said how to look it up... but here the wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_co ... _in_Canada

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 11:28 am

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2013, 9:11 pm

Tequila wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
Wow. That's creepy.

In Spain, though, if the parents find out that an older person is having sex with their daughter and they find out, then it becomes a crime.

It's also a crime in Germany for an older person to have power over a person under the age of 21.

zxy8 wrote:
Is the consent really 14 in some countries?

In Europe?

Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Portugal and San Marino,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

Some of them have exemptions whereby if deceit is employed, it is chargeable if the younger person or the parents complain.

Some countries don't have an age of consent if you're married, like Saudi Arabia. So if you have a desire to have sex with a young girl, just marry her.

How much older do they need to be for it to be a crime?

They are some low consent ages. That marriage thing is weird.

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2013, 9:14 pm

Tequila wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
Because it is incredible creepy for grown men to prey on young girls.

Glancing is not the same as trying to have sex with them.

It's perfectly normal for a man to find a 14-year-old or 15-year-old attractive. Sometimes, they manage to get into bars or clubs on their own. (Ever seen the scene in Transpotting?)

If he has sex with her knowing or strongly suspecting that she's under the AOC though, he's breaking the law.

An older man who perves on young girls is creepy regardless of whether they act out or not. Never seen that movie/show/whatever.

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2013, 9:18 pm

Delphiki wrote:
zxy8 wrote:

zxy8 wrote:

An older person preying on young girls is creepy and terrible.

I can't be bothered reading a whole link, so I won't go to it.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 9:19 pm

zxy8 wrote:
Tequila wrote:
zxy8 wrote:

It's perfectly normal for a man to find a 14-year-old or 15-year-old attractive. Sometimes, they manage to get into bars or clubs on their own. (Ever seen the scene in Transpotting?)

If he has sex with her knowing or strongly suspecting that she's under the AOC though, he's breaking the law.

An older man who perves on young girls is creepy regardless of whether they act out or not. Never seen that movie/show/whatever.
Young girls? If a girl is 14 or 15 they can look much older, so it's creepy to think they are attractive even though they could look 18?. Friend of mine was 20 and sometimes she got carded trying to go to pg13 movies, is it creepy to think she is attractive?

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2013, 9:22 pm

Delphiki wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
Tequila wrote:
zxy8 wrote:

Young girls? If a girl is 14 or 15 they can look much older, so it's creepy to think they are attractive even though they could look 18?. Friend of mine was 20 and sometimes she got carded trying to go to pg13 movies, is it creepy to think she is attractive?

If the man is much older, then yes it is creepy.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 9:32 pm

Tequila wrote:

Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19 (from Wikipedia)

That's what it actually is.

It's normal for an adult male to find some underage teenage girls attractive, but I don't think it's normal to have an exclusive sexual interest in them.

Last edited by MCalavera on 04 Oct 2013, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 9:44 pm

MCalavera wrote:
Tequila wrote:

Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19

It's normal for an adult male to find some underage teenage girls attractive, but I don't think it's normal to have an exclusive sexual interest in them.
Think what you were saying, just finding that age group attractive, was what the OP meant. At least that's what I think he meant.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 10:02 pm

MCalavera wrote:
Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19

Beat me to it.

Yeah, an adult seeing a 16 year old and thinking "Hey, not bad. Wait, she's how old?" would not make him some kind of horrible perv. But if girls that age were his primary focus, that kinda would.