Page 5 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 1:05 pm

I am no sire, and I dont need you to entitel me to have an opinion. And I know facts. And its by fact really, really senseless to spread in an public forum, used by teenagers and youths as well to spread an so absolutely wrong information, as that AIDS among heterosexuals were so rare, that you could say it to be non existing. Why dont you simply buy a tomahawk rocket and fire it on every "Use a condom./Safer sex." campaign existing? What exactly is your problem with AIDS, when you are even supporting its spreading by telling, sorry, but really, really stupid nonsense, like AIDS being so rare as non existing among heterosexual? O_o I simply dont get it, how someone having so much issues about AIDS, tries by all means to boycott any safety and protection issues against AIDS by spreading such nonsense?

Sir, if you are monogamous, heterosexual, and don't share needles, there is almost no chance you will contract AIDS. These moral conditions are also no coincidentally Christians conditions. But if you want to worry about contracting AIDS, that is your business. The point is that if everybody were to follow Christian morality, AIDS would be a complete non-issue.

IT DOESNT CARE IF MALE, FEMALE, HOMOSEXUAL OR HETEROSEXUAL. IF YOU HAVE A NEW PARTNER, DO BOTH AN AIDS TEST. AND UNTIL THEN DO AN AIDSTEST. Thats a fact.

Again, because of my personal morality, I'm as worried about contracting AIDS as I am getting hit by a meteorite.

Quote:
In fact, the major predominantly heterosexual group to have an AIDS problem is sub-Saharan Africans, and that is because heterosexual anal sex is commonly practiced as a form of birth control.
So you think the virus would tell itself: "Oh, I spread myself by anal and vaginal sex. But because of the librarian disliking homosexuals, I know decide only to spread myself by anal sex. If they had vaginal sex, I wouldnt come out. The problem is not them using anal sex for birth control, its because of them having sex without protection. If they have vaginal sex without protection, they spread it as well.

Sir, I don't consider this an appropriate forum to explain why AIDS is much more likely with sodomy than with heterosexual intercourse. If you really don't understand the difference in terms of AIDS, I would strongly encourage you to do some research.

Quote:
Claiming that monogamous heterosexuals have anything to fear from AIDS is the ultimate in spreading fear needlessly.
You can only decide for yourself to be monogamous. But that doesnt help you in any way, if your partner is not. Do you think the virus thinks "Oh, I have now a chance for infecting this other person. But its heterosexual and monogamous, so I´ll decide not to do so?"

You are right that we don't control others. But if one marries somebody with strong Christian values, that person won't be promiscuous.

The atheist lie of normal heterosexual people not being immune against AIDS? I dont know if that saying is as well known in english language, but have you been hit by a train?

Sir, are we not communicating either? Of course heterosexual CAN contract AIDS; the question is of the likelihood that they WILL.

Quote:
Sir, do you have any idea how many blacks were lynched between the Civil War and the 1960's, back in the days of evil Christian societies?
I dont know of the days of the evil christian society then, because there were even laws existing, telling people that blacks were not equal, that it was allowed to treat them like dogs, by forbidding them to enter shops, just as it was accepted that you tried to avoid them unlike other humans, by creating sh** like entrance forbidden, containing that they were unlike other humans and worth less then other humans. So I cant say anything about the days of Christian society, because nothing of that fits in any way to an christian society, but only to a amoral bunch of hypocrites, that would have looked disgusted at a Jesus, not avoiding contacts to any human around him.

Since you ignored my question, it is obvious that I am wasting my time with any further responses to you. If you want this conversation to continue, please answer it.

Quote:
Again, we need a totalitarian police state and the highest incarceration rates in the world to ensure we don't take our lives into our hands while walking down the streets. It is also the case that I speak from experience. I live in a very religious area and don't even have a door key on my key ring; there is no need. But while I lived in the liberal part of Houston, crime was terrible. This is the reality.
Again: You need, as mentioned yourself, a totalitarian police state and the highest incarceration rates in the world, to ensure you dont take your life into your hand while walking down the street.

And among the western societies, your country is beside the Vatican one of the most religious one. So how does that fit with your theory, that less religious people = more crime rates? Do you think other western countries polices, secretly decrease their crime rates, in a conspiracy to let your statement look bad? Dont you think our police has better things to do, then care for you and your theories?

Quote:
Quote:
So what is your last sentence about? About people with moral callousness against obscene income inequality, or about atheists? The both topics you mixed are not linked to each other.

Actually, they are linked to each other. Christianity posits a God who condemns murder, and also teaches us to love our neighbors. With atheism, morality is whatever the atheist wants it to be.

Yes. Just like you can choose an religion that fits to your moral designs. So instead of hiding their moral design behind an religion, they simply accept their moral as their own, and opening it this way to negotiation and discussion instead of "But mine MUST me right. A GOD SAYS SO! I HAVE A GOD ON MY SIDE! SO I MUST BE RIGHT! EVEN IF I ACT TOTALLY AGAINST MY SO CALLED RELIGION, BY SHOWING MY PURE HATE AGAINST HOMOSEXUALS! NO, ITS NOT WITHOUT ANY REASON!! ! THEY DO SODOMY!! ! AND ACCORDING TO OLD TESTAMENT THATS BAD! YEAH, I DONT CARE THAT CHRISTIANITY IS ABOUT THE NEW TESTAMENT, AND THAT JESUS WOULD NEVER HAVE ACTED AS I DO. IF ITS FITS TO MY PERSONAL OPINION AND HATE, I HIDE BEHIND THE OLD TESTAMENT! YOU KNOW, THE ONE, THAT WRITES AS WELL, THAT I SHALL SACRIFICE GOD MY MALE FIRSTBORN. AND THAT OUR SOLDIERS SHALL CUT OFF THE FORESKINS OF THEIR SLAYN ENEMIES. AND THAT HAS RULES FOR THE RAPING OF THE WOMAN OF OUR ENEMIES! BUT HAVE NO CONCERN; THESE PARTS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT, ARE UNLIKE THESE, THAT I USE FOR HIDING MY HATE BEHIND IT, SO THAT I DONT NEED TO FACE IT AND CAN TELL ME TO HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR MY BEHAVIOR, OLD AND MEANINGLESS! BUT THE ONES ABOUT HATING HOMOSEXUALS MUST BE OBEYED BY ALL MEANS! BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY FIT TO MY PERSONAL OPPINION. BUT HEY, I AM NOT A sh***y ATHEIST, SIMPLY CHOOSING WHAT I WANT TO BE MY MORALE OPPINION! NO I AM ACTUALLY CHOOSING CERTAIN PART, THAT I LIKE FROM AN OLD BOOK, WHILE I IGNORE THE PARTS OF THE BOOK THAT ARE OF NO USE FOR ME!"

Maybe the cause why the the christianity of your country, does not protect you from criminals as it should, according to your theory, is because it cant work if people only pretend to be christians, while in reality they misuse is for their own hate religion?

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 1:07 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
I suppose it doesn't if mass murder is permissible. I say it's not. The question is why you think such is permissible.

I never said that. Why are you misrepresenting me now?

I asked you if Christianity really is the solution with regards to mass slaughter, especially that historical and political evidence suggest otherwise.

Quote:
That's right; God did as you describe in the Bible. But there is one very important distinction that is lost on liberals: Liberals place themselves above all else, while Christians place God above all else.

Don't you find it disturbing that you would justify slaughter at all in the name of God?

And why do you keep referring to me as a liberal? I don't even know what ideology I follow exactly.

Quote:
In other words, the Christian believes that he is NOT God, and hence the Christian has no right to kill even if God does reserve that right for himself.

The OT Jews certainly had that right, though. And since the NT is an extension of the OT and is about the same God, it stands to reason that the God you speak of has approved of slaughter conducted by men.

Quote:
The tragedy of modern history is that since the atheist does place himself in God's position, the atheist thinks he has the right to kill as God would. The Christian takes seriously God's commandment not to murder.

So Christians can kill but not murder?

Quote:
Is unsubstantiated moral indignation really the best argument you can summon?

Does it look like that's the only thing I said?

You misrepresent me, refer to me as morally callous, and keep calling me a liberal. Are you not showing indignation yourself?

Quote:
Yes, and as I noted, when they do they are at serious risk for AIDS. This is why the Bible forbids sodomy; it spreads all manner of disease.

So does vaginal sex.

Quote:
Sir, since I already addressed this point, it is obvious that we are not communicating. If you want to have a grownup discussion you must give my thoughts the same consideration I give yours. If you can do better, I would relish having an intelligent discussion. Otherwise, since we are not communicating, I will have to ask you not to waste my time.

I'm trying to reason with you. When did you address this point before now? You didn't.

Quote:
If you have a problem with OT teachings, you have a problem with Jews, not Christians. Again, since I already addressed this point, and you ignored me, you are trying my patience.

You're dreaming. You didn't "already" address this.

Quote:
That's it. We are not communicating. I'm not responding to you for my health, but to have a discussion. Since I can't make you read what I write, it is obvious I am wasting my time. You can therefore consider this conversation over until you prove you can act like an adult and do better.

Good riddance. You can't even quote properly.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 1:07 pm

TallyMan wrote:
^ This thread has become a mess. I can't tell who wrote what any more. It makes replying impossible.

I agree, and I'm just about ready to bail. I relish intelligent and respectful debate. What I see here is not that.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 1:35 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
I am no sire, and I dont need you to entitel me to have an opinion. And I know facts. And its by fact really, really senseless to spread in an public forum, used by teenagers and youths as well to spread an so absolutely wrong information, as that AIDS among heterosexuals were so rare, that you could say it to be non existing. Why dont you simply buy a tomahawk rocket and fire it on every "Use a condom./Safer sex." campaign existing? What exactly is your problem with AIDS, when you are even supporting its spreading by telling, sorry, but really, really stupid nonsense, like AIDS being so rare as non existing among heterosexual? O_o I simply dont get it, how someone having so much issues about AIDS, tries by all means to boycott any safety and protection issues against AIDS by spreading such nonsense?

Sir, if you are monogamous, heterosexual, and don't share needles, there is almost no chance you will contract AIDS. These moral conditions are also no coincidentally Christians conditions. But if you want to worry about contracting AIDS, that is your business. The point is that if everybody were to follow Christian morality, AIDS would be a complete non-issue.

IT DOESNT CARE IF MALE, FEMALE, HOMOSEXUAL OR HETEROSEXUAL. IF YOU HAVE A NEW PARTNER, DO BOTH AN AIDS TEST. AND UNTIL THEN DO AN AIDSTEST. Thats a fact.

Again, because of my personal morality, I'm as worried about contracting AIDS as I am getting hit by a meteorite.

Quote:
In fact, the major predominantly heterosexual group to have an AIDS problem is sub-Saharan Africans, and that is because heterosexual anal sex is commonly practiced as a form of birth control.
So you think the virus would tell itself: "Oh, I spread myself by anal and vaginal sex. But because of the librarian disliking homosexuals, I know decide only to spread myself by anal sex. If they had vaginal sex, I wouldnt come out. The problem is not them using anal sex for birth control, its because of them having sex without protection. If they have vaginal sex without protection, they spread it as well.

Sir, I don't consider this an appropriate forum to explain why AIDS is much more likely with sodomy than with heterosexual intercourse. If you really don't understand the difference in terms of AIDS, I would strongly encourage you to do some research.

Quote:
Claiming that monogamous heterosexuals have anything to fear from AIDS is the ultimate in spreading fear needlessly.
You can only decide for yourself to be monogamous. But that doesnt help you in any way, if your partner is not. Do you think the virus thinks "Oh, I have now a chance for infecting this other person. But its heterosexual and monogamous, so I´ll decide not to do so?"

You are right that we don't control others. But if one marries somebody with strong Christian values, that person won't be promiscuous.

The atheist lie of normal heterosexual people not being immune against AIDS? I dont know if that saying is as well known in english language, but have you been hit by a train?

Sir, are we not communicating either? Of course heterosexual CAN contract AIDS; the question is of the likelihood that they WILL.

Quote:
Sir, do you have any idea how many blacks were lynched between the Civil War and the 1960's, back in the days of evil Christian societies?
I dont know of the days of the evil christian society then, because there were even laws existing, telling people that blacks were not equal, that it was allowed to treat them like dogs, by forbidding them to enter shops, just as it was accepted that you tried to avoid them unlike other humans, by creating sh** like entrance forbidden, containing that they were unlike other humans and worth less then other humans. So I cant say anything about the days of Christian society, because nothing of that fits in any way to an christian society, but only to a amoral bunch of hypocrites, that would have looked disgusted at a Jesus, not avoiding contacts to any human around him.

Since you ignored my question, it is obvious that I am wasting my time with any further responses to you. If you want this conversation to continue, please answer it.

Quote:
Again, we need a totalitarian police state and the highest incarceration rates in the world to ensure we don't take our lives into our hands while walking down the streets. It is also the case that I speak from experience. I live in a very religious area and don't even have a door key on my key ring; there is no need. But while I lived in the liberal part of Houston, crime was terrible. This is the reality.
Again: You need, as mentioned yourself, a totalitarian police state and the highest incarceration rates in the world, to ensure you dont take your life into your hand while walking down the street.

And among the western societies, your country is beside the Vatican one of the most religious one. So how does that fit with your theory, that less religious people = more crime rates? Do you think other western countries polices, secretly decrease their crime rates, in a conspiracy to let your statement look bad? Dont you think our police has better things to do, then care for you and your theories?

Quote:
Quote:
So what is your last sentence about? About people with moral callousness against obscene income inequality, or about atheists? The both topics you mixed are not linked to each other.

Actually, they are linked to each other. Christianity posits a God who condemns murder, and also teaches us to love our neighbors. With atheism, morality is whatever the atheist wants it to be.

Yes. Just like you can choose an religion that fits to your moral designs. So instead of hiding their moral design behind an religion, they simply accept their moral as their own, and opening it this way to negotiation and discussion instead of "But mine MUST me right. A GOD SAYS SO! I HAVE A GOD ON MY SIDE! SO I MUST BE RIGHT! EVEN IF I ACT TOTALLY AGAINST MY SO CALLED RELIGION, BY SHOWING MY PURE HATE AGAINST HOMOSEXUALS! NO, ITS NOT WITHOUT ANY REASON!! ! THEY DO SODOMY!! ! AND ACCORDING TO OLD TESTAMENT THATS BAD! YEAH, I DONT CARE THAT CHRISTIANITY IS ABOUT THE NEW TESTAMENT, AND THAT JESUS WOULD NEVER HAVE ACTED AS I DO. IF ITS FITS TO MY PERSONAL OPINION AND HATE, I HIDE BEHIND THE OLD TESTAMENT! YOU KNOW, THE ONE, THAT WRITES AS WELL, THAT I SHALL SACRIFICE GOD MY MALE FIRSTBORN. AND THAT OUR SOLDIERS SHALL CUT OFF THE FORESKINS OF THEIR SLAYN ENEMIES. AND THAT HAS RULES FOR THE RAPING OF THE WOMAN OF OUR ENEMIES! BUT HAVE NO CONCERN; THESE PARTS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT, ARE UNLIKE THESE, THAT I USE FOR HIDING MY HATE BEHIND IT, SO THAT I DONT NEED TO FACE IT AND CAN TELL ME TO HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR MY BEHAVIOR, OLD AND MEANINGLESS! BUT THE ONES ABOUT HATING HOMOSEXUALS MUST BE OBEYED BY ALL MEANS! BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY FIT TO MY PERSONAL OPPINION. BUT HEY, I AM NOT A sh***y ATHEIST, SIMPLY CHOOSING WHAT I WANT TO BE MY MORALE OPPINION! NO I AM ACTUALLY CHOOSING CERTAIN PART, THAT I LIKE FROM AN OLD BOOK, WHILE I IGNORE THE PARTS OF THE BOOK THAT ARE OF NO USE FOR ME!"

Maybe the cause why the the christianity of your country, does not protect you from criminals as it should, according to your theory, is because it cant work if people only pretend to be christians, while in reality they misuse is for their own hate religion?
You can also get AIDS from eatinb green monkey meat infected with SIV.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 1:41 pm

"You can also get AIDS from eatinb green monkey meat infected with SIV."

Assuming you mean "HIV" rather than "SIV", for starters, I don't eat green monkey meat. AIDS is contracted when an open sore, cut, or abrasion comes into contact with bodily fluids of somebody infected with this pathogen. I've never heard that it can be contracted through food that passes through the digestive system. Please document your claim.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 1:45 pm

@Thelibrarian, can you use the quote feature please instead of just copy/pasting bits of text from other posters. The lack of proper use of the quote feature has made a mess of this thread.

adb
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 2:35 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
^ This thread has become a mess. I can't tell who wrote what any more. It makes replying impossible.

I agree, and I'm just about ready to bail. I relish intelligent and respectful debate. What I see here is not that.

If you relished intelligent and respectful debate, you would not have made comments such as the following:
Quote:
You have to make stuff up to indict Christians. Again, this is typical atheist behavior, as I'm sure you see no problem with what you are doing.

Quote:
Again, you have to make stuff up to have even a feeble argument. Is this really the best you can do?

Quote:
Is unsubstantiated moral indignation really the best argument you can summon?

Quote:
That's it. We are not communicating. I'm not responding to you for my health, but to have a discussion. Since I can't make you read what I write, it is obvious I am wasting my time. You can therefore consider this conversation over until you prove you can act like an adult and do better.

If you want to have intelligent and respectful debate, you need to think critically and avoid ad hominems (attacking the person rather than the idea). Your posts have demonstrated neither intelligence nor respect.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 3:11 pm

TallyMan wrote:
@Thelibrarian, can you use the quote feature please instead of just copy/pasting bits of text from other posters. The lack of proper use of the quote feature has made a mess of this thread.

That's actually your recommendation way I was doing it until another moderator told me not to--that it made the threads too long.

Again, since my adversaries and I are not communicating, I'm going to let it go at that.

Best of luck dealing with them.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 4:35 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
TallyMan wrote:

That's actually your recommendation way I was doing it until another moderator told me not to--that it made the threads too long.

Again, since my adversaries and I are not communicating, I'm going to let it go at that.

You can still trim other people's posts within the quotes. If you are giving a one sentence reply to a wall of text simply delete the bulk of the text leaving only the salient points you are responding to. It is important to use the quote facility so everyone knows who is saying what otherwise threads degenerate into chaos.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 4:39 pm

hey, did you know certain African prostitutes have natural immunity to AIDS? God must love them the most.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 5:03 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
TallyMan wrote:

You can still trim other people's posts within the quotes. If you are giving a one sentence reply to a wall of text simply delete the bulk of the text leaving only the salient points you are responding to. It is important to use the quote facility so everyone knows who is saying what otherwise threads degenerate into chaos.

I will do as you request. Thank you.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 6:03 pm

I neither believe nor disbelieve. It seems irrelevant to me. The world and universe can run and exist without God. I don't see or experience god intervening in the world or in my heart or mind. My moral character is actually better then the believers I know. So it seems irrelevant to me.

JessiMuse
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Nov 2013, 10:32 pm

I believe, because I've seen the miracles. I've seen the amazing things that have happened, in result of simply praying. I've heard the stories, and met the witnesses, and no matter how many people say that "god doesn't exist," or "all the stories in the bible are made up," I will always have my faith in god.

Yes I am a Christian, and no, I don't care if other people hate me for it.

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 11:38 pm

I was raised Catholic, and was actually the most fervently Catholic in my family (no one else in my family is particularly religious). I'm not sure why I lost interest in Catholicism. It just stopped feeling relevant to me.

I'm a Buddhist now. It's not something I expected, but it happened because I got into meditation for mental health reasons. Buddhism is not really a "religion" in the sense that there is no real deity. My understanding is that many make it work with other faiths. I just happen to accept the philosophy as is.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 11:40 pm

JessiMuse wrote:
I believe, because I've seen the miracles. I've seen the amazing things that have happened, in result of simply praying. I've heard the stories, and met the witnesses, and no matter how many people say that "god doesn't exist," or "all the stories in the bible are made up," I will always have my faith in god.

I used to see miracles myself ... until I realized, thanks to a little bit of education and critical thinking, they weren't supernatural in nature and had natural explanations for them.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 3:38 am

JessiMuse wrote:

I don't hate you for it, I just wonder why anybody would think the bible was anything but man made. The stories conflict with each other and they only talk about the world as known to those in the Middle East, surely a book written by god would at least be consistent and bring together stories and knowledge from around the world. The New Testament was written hundreds of years after the purported events, heck the ascension to heaven by Mary was thought up in 1951. The bible stories are quite clearly selected for their ability to teach control and subjugation to the masses. See for yourself, I dare you to read them with a critical mind.

As to your experience of miracles have you really exposed them to critical thought and investigation or have you just accepted them as miracles because you got a rush of dopamine from the imagined experience.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx