Forum trolls on Israeli government payroll.

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 9:24 am

There needs to be an uncensored subforum, where people could call each other whatever they want. Let's call it the Troll forum, or the Flamewar forum. If threads go sour, they can be moved to that subforum instead of being locked.

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 9:34 am

Shizz wrote:
Now I want them all to perish. Isn't that sad?

Hey did you see that movie about the apes? Rise and Dawn of the planet of the apes? It's like that, all messed up.

GB2 Stormfront.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 9:48 am

thomas81 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
With opponents like Hamas and Hezbollah, it is surprising the Israelis even need propaganda.

With images filtering through from Gaza of Palestinian toddlers with their heads and limbs missing, the IDF does Hamas's best propaganda work for them.

The mainstream media, at least in the Netherlands, leaves out the most horrible injuries and bloody deaths (I hear this is different in most Middle-eastern countries, where they do show the horrors). Most of what I've seen of the situation in Gaza on tv are destroyed buildings and funerals, not bloody corpses.
I think that among Westerners it is easier to feel empathy with Israelis, since they seem more culturally similar. Let's face it, if some angry, bearded Hamas spokesman talks on the news he automatically loses points in the eyes of the viewers. That video you posted in another thread of two Palestinian women is different. We should see more people like them, who do not talk about religion and violence, but about how their people got screwed over.
Any genuine peacemakers who want a two-state solution are drowned out by hawks on both sides. I don't see peace there any time soon (I don't think anyone does, the last truce talks led by Egypt were doomed before they even started).

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 10:10 am

trollcatman wrote:
There needs to be an uncensored subforum, where people could call each other whatever they want. Let's call it the Troll forum, or the Flamewar forum. If threads go sour, they can be moved to that subforum instead of being locked.

That's pretty much what you get (even if unintentional) when you create a forum titled Politics Philosophy and Religion, the three topics to be avoided in order to maintain civil discourse. Notice that a lot of threads are moved here when they become hot.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 10:21 am

Raptor wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

That's pretty much what you get (even if unintentional) when you create a forum titled Politics Philosophy and Religion, the three topics to be avoided in order to maintain civil discourse. Notice that a lot of threads are moved here when they become hot.

But what I'd like is forum that is more or less completely uncensored. Even on PPR insulting other people is not accepted, and naughty words are blurred out. There are forums were just about anything goes, such as rpgcodex, with people calling each other nazis and racial slurs and they still manage to have a friendly atmosphere despite the tasteless language. I've seen other forums like that too.
Of course this is Alex' forum, so he makes the rules.

The whole bleeping out words is strange to me too. I've only really seen it in the English language. The local Dutch tv programs don't do that at all.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 10:41 am

trollcatman wrote:
Raptor wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

But what I'd like is forum that is more or less completely uncensored. Even on PPR insulting other people is not accepted, and naughty words are blurred out. There are forums were just about anything goes, such as rpgcodex, with people calling each other nazis and racial slurs and they still manage to have a friendly atmosphere despite the tasteless language. I've seen other forums like that too.
Of course this is Alex' forum, so he makes the rules.

/\ I could pick that apart sentence by sentence but I'll just say that I can't see such a no holds barred forum ever existing on WP. PPR became closer to that before it became a police state more recently. With a no holds barred forum people will drag their fights started there to other WP forums (cross-contamination) and undermine the entire website with sniping and dog-whistle style trolling.

Quote:
The whole bleeping out words is strange to me too. I've only really seen it in the English language. The local Dutch tv programs don't do that at all.
I never understood that, either. It's like we pretend to be more civil than we are. I started saying the F word and CS by the time I was about 6 and I learned it from others in that same age group. I remember getting hollered at and/or smacked for saying GD, s**t, and SOB even before that.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 4:29 pm

trollcatman wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
With opponents like Hamas and Hezbollah, it is surprising the Israelis even need propaganda.

With images filtering through from Gaza of Palestinian toddlers with their heads and limbs missing, the IDF does Hamas's best propaganda work for them.

The mainstream media, at least in the Netherlands, leaves out the most horrible injuries and bloody deaths (I hear this is different in most Middle-eastern countries, where they do show the horrors). Most of what I've seen of the situation in Gaza on tv are destroyed buildings and funerals, not bloody corpses.
I think that among Westerners it is easier to feel empathy with Israelis, since they seem more culturally similar. Let's face it, if some angry, bearded Hamas spokesman talks on the news he automatically loses points in the eyes of the viewers. That video you posted in another thread of two Palestinian women is different. We should see more people like them, who do not talk about religion and violence, but about how their people got screwed over.
Any genuine peacemakers who want a two-state solution are drowned out by hawks on both sides. I don't see peace there any time soon (I don't think anyone does, the last truce talks led by Egypt were doomed before they even started).

they feel empathy because they dont see whats really going on, on tv
you only know what you learn.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Jul 2014, 4:36 pm

People would be shocked at the amount of paid shills on the internet and in the media, that is what propaganda is in the modern day. You can't trust anything.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 1:02 pm

check out this new Snowden doc

Quote:
Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable. To see how extremist these programs are, just consider the tactics they boast of using to achieve those ends: ?false flag operations? (posting material to the internet and falsely attributing it to someone else), fake victim blog posts (pretending to be a victim of the individual whose reputation they want to destroy), and posting ?negative information? on various forums.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014 ... ipulation/

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 2:45 pm

thomas81 wrote:

Has there been any combatant party in the history of warfare that has not engaged in propaganda, sometimes even deceptive propaganda?

So what's really going on here that's so terrible? If its even happening, the worst I can gather from all this is that a bunch of Israeli's are being paid by the Israeli government to take to social media and express the opinions of the Israeli government as if they were their own opinions, when, in fact, their own opinions and those of the Israeli government on the topic of the Palestinians probably have a great deal of overlap and similarity.

I have a feeling that if the Palestinian Authority or Hamas did the same (and who's to say that they aren't?), you would dismiss it as, at worst, a necessary evil to further the Palestinian's righteous struggle against their Zionist oppressors (you know, their ceaseless attempts to kill as many random Israeli women and children as they possibly can).

Both sides want sympathy and public opinion on their side. One side intentionally targets the other side's civilians, uses its own civilians as human shields and stores and deploys military equipment in civilian areas. All war crimes. Apparently that's not enough for them though. When the Israeli's point out these truths, the other side now tries to undermine the truth of the message not by discrediting the message itself, but instead only seeking to discredit the mechanism by which the message is being propagated.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm

The IDF has made extensive use of Palestinians as human shields

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 5:23 pm

Jacoby wrote:

Evidence?

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 6:01 pm

ScrewyWabbit wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Evidence?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 1:04 am

I pull pranks online and stir up mischief on forums online for free, wheres my paycheck?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 1:13 am

Apparently, the anti-Israel lobby can't seem to afford quality trolls, ours seem to be defective.

- Rick Sanchez

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 2:16 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZG8KQJni8[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList