Page 49 of 88 [ 1403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 88  Next

Do you believe God exists?
1) God is a being, that one can have a personal relationship. A person God. 30%  30%  [ 55 ]
2) God is an impersonal force that guides reality as it is. He decrees our laws of physics, but does not intervene to break them. 12%  12%  [ 22 ]
3) God does not exist. Reality can be explained by scientific inquiry and the scientific method in by itself. 33%  33%  [ 60 ]
4) I am not sure. There is the possibility that God does exist, or does not. We must follow the preponderance of evidence when drawing our conclusion. 26%  26%  [ 47 ]
Total votes : 184

Lightninggrrl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Apr 2016, 8:40 pm

I am a believer. I wasn't always. It took me a long time but I converted to Christianity a few weeks ago after spending most of my life going back and forth between being atheist and being pagan.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 9:53 pm

AspE wrote:
marcb0t wrote:
AspE wrote:
homosexuality, just like I said; which science has shown is not a choice, it's a sexual orientation people are likely just born with.
Before I respond to anything else, show me what science are you referring to exactly?

Don't go off on a tangent. It does no one any harm, why is it against religious law? And somehow, God includes rules on how to go about being a slave owner, which clearly oppresses human beings, treating them as property. Don't even get me started about why God doesn't seem so concerned about rape, but he's very concerned about foreskins.

Not sure why that is problematic from your perspective. Circumcision is healthy, and I am happy I was circumcised as an infant.

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 9:57 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
NoahYates wrote:
AspieOtaku, I think that you will be glad to hear that none of us believe in a bearded man in the sky. This is exactly what I mean when I say the atheist typically has a childish concept of God. If, for you, God is analogous to a flying spaghetti monster, a flying tea pot, a leprechaun, Santa Claus, a bearded man in the sky, a unicorn, or if you define God as the god of the gaps, then you are actually discussing something different from what we are. God, if it exists, is something beyond the scope of our ability to have full comprehension and God is actually quite alien. You are thinking of God a physical entity within the universe. As I say, God is a theory. Given the raw datum of the experience of Being, it is perfectly reasonable to posit the concept of a Creator as an inference to the best explanation.

With regard to your continual spouting of drivel concerning the nature of science... Your entire spiel is made null by the fact that I, along with the other intelligent theists in this thread, do* accept science and reason. In fact, we use both to increase our confidence or trust (faith) in God. This is the last time I will say this, because, frankly, it is not worth my time to continue to repeat myself in correcting your trolling. Science is a methodology that allows one to investigate phenomenon and tease out descriptions of reality. These descriptions are then used to make predictions and continue the advancement of the descriptions at a deeper level. In other words, even if the entire universe were explained down to the point at which you could describe and predict everything, that would still do nothing to show that God doesn't exist. This is the nature of what the God hypothesis is. God is a meta theory. Just because you can explain what is going on, doesn't mean you can explain how and why. And if you want to say "Well then God isn't clearly defined... so you don't even know what it is... so why do you believe in it?".... then explain to me what Time is... and Energy... and go ahead and tell me what consciousness is. I will just say that you need to continue your education, and maybe one day you will be smart enough to figure out how much you don't know... and just how mysterious the cosmos is... maybe, through a eureka moment of intuition, you will catch a glimpse of the big picture... and maybe along the way you will gain the maturity required to cultivate some wisdom. Currently, you offer among the very weakest objections to the existence of God anyone has posted in this thread. You represent that group of atheists who wallow in ignorance and misunderstanding. I find that ironic, given that the atheist typically accuses the theist of being closed-minded and uneducated. The shoe is entirely on the other foot. The outside sources you have posted from are not respectable in the least. I saw another thread you posted the other day with some total jerk heckling a group of people about their religion. The video was titled something like "atheist owns theists"... I watched it, and all I saw was some guy being a pompous ass to a group of people, because he "knows" he is right... therefore, he had the 'right' to constantly interrupt them and generally talk down to them. This type of behavior is disgusting. You are not the "brights." In fact... s**t like that makes you look rather dim.
What thread? you mean this one? viewtopic.php?t=312516 You do realize hes heckling a hate group not some innocent religious group, they believe god hates the white people and that he is the spawn of satan, that blacks, hispanics and Native Americans are the true Jews and 12 tribes of Israel, so you backing a hate group that shouts racial slurs at people passing by? They are actually a cult! Heres another vid on how oh so innocent they are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNT4Cznh6Is Viewer discretion is adviced racial slurs and cursing. So according to the bible white people are the cancer of the earth and all are edomites! Nice, glad to see you support this idea. So he may come off as an athiest troll but is smart as hell and trolling trolls for the right reasons! I subscribed to his channel, you mad bro? I dont agree with racism against anyone, religion does not justify that but you seem to back these racists who use religion to justify racism! More reason to stay an athiest then! I shall learn his ways and do some heckling myself and own religious racist people! Your backing up a hate group under close watch by the FBI not smart imo but since you think all white people and Asians are evil and god hates them then thats your choice!

Spewing obscenities without refuting your opponent's logic seemed to be the driving force from this person. I am quite convinced why you are so fond of his debating ''technique'; given the flow of this thread up to this point, your rhetoric is a sanitized derivative of his method.

Lightninggrrl

18 Apr 2016, 10:30 pm

I'm pansexual and a transgender mtf. I am also a Christian. I am progressive and believe in social justice. These are not in conflict.

Matthew 25:
40 “Then the king will reply to them, ‘I assure you that when you have done it for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you have done it for me.’

Matthew 22
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

John 3
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 10:39 pm

Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
NoahYates wrote:
AspieOtaku, I think that you will be glad to hear that none of us believe in a bearded man in the sky. This is exactly what I mean when I say the atheist typically has a childish concept of God. If, for you, God is analogous to a flying spaghetti monster, a flying tea pot, a leprechaun, Santa Claus, a bearded man in the sky, a unicorn, or if you define God as the god of the gaps, then you are actually discussing something different from what we are. God, if it exists, is something beyond the scope of our ability to have full comprehension and God is actually quite alien. You are thinking of God a physical entity within the universe. As I say, God is a theory. Given the raw datum of the experience of Being, it is perfectly reasonable to posit the concept of a Creator as an inference to the best explanation.

With regard to your continual spouting of drivel concerning the nature of science... Your entire spiel is made null by the fact that I, along with the other intelligent theists in this thread, do* accept science and reason. In fact, we use both to increase our confidence or trust (faith) in God. This is the last time I will say this, because, frankly, it is not worth my time to continue to repeat myself in correcting your trolling. Science is a methodology that allows one to investigate phenomenon and tease out descriptions of reality. These descriptions are then used to make predictions and continue the advancement of the descriptions at a deeper level. In other words, even if the entire universe were explained down to the point at which you could describe and predict everything, that would still do nothing to show that God doesn't exist. This is the nature of what the God hypothesis is. God is a meta theory. Just because you can explain what is going on, doesn't mean you can explain how and why. And if you want to say "Well then God isn't clearly defined... so you don't even know what it is... so why do you believe in it?".... then explain to me what Time is... and Energy... and go ahead and tell me what consciousness is. I will just say that you need to continue your education, and maybe one day you will be smart enough to figure out how much you don't know... and just how mysterious the cosmos is... maybe, through a eureka moment of intuition, you will catch a glimpse of the big picture... and maybe along the way you will gain the maturity required to cultivate some wisdom. Currently, you offer among the very weakest objections to the existence of God anyone has posted in this thread. You represent that group of atheists who wallow in ignorance and misunderstanding. I find that ironic, given that the atheist typically accuses the theist of being closed-minded and uneducated. The shoe is entirely on the other foot. The outside sources you have posted from are not respectable in the least. I saw another thread you posted the other day with some total jerk heckling a group of people about their religion. The video was titled something like "atheist owns theists"... I watched it, and all I saw was some guy being a pompous ass to a group of people, because he "knows" he is right... therefore, he had the 'right' to constantly interrupt them and generally talk down to them. This type of behavior is disgusting. You are not the "brights." In fact... s**t like that makes you look rather dim.
What thread? you mean this one? viewtopic.php?t=312516 You do realize hes heckling a hate group not some innocent religious group, they believe god hates the white people and that he is the spawn of satan, that blacks, hispanics and Native Americans are the true Jews and 12 tribes of Israel, so you backing a hate group that shouts racial slurs at people passing by? They are actually a cult! Heres another vid on how oh so innocent they are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNT4Cznh6Is Viewer discretion is adviced racial slurs and cursing. So according to the bible white people are the cancer of the earth and all are edomites! Nice, glad to see you support this idea. So he may come off as an athiest troll but is smart as hell and trolling trolls for the right reasons! I subscribed to his channel, you mad bro? I dont agree with racism against anyone, religion does not justify that but you seem to back these racists who use religion to justify racism! More reason to stay an athiest then! I shall learn his ways and do some heckling myself and own religious racist people! Your backing up a hate group under close watch by the FBI not smart imo but since you think all white people and Asians are evil and god hates them then thats your choice!

Spewing obscenities without refuting your opponent's logic seemed to be the driving force from this person. I am quite convinced why you are so fond of his debating ''technique'; given the flow of this thread up to this point, your rhetoric is a sanitized derivative of his method.
So you too support the idea that god is a racist, good to know!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Lightninggrrl

18 Apr 2016, 10:46 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
NoahYates wrote:

I think you are being hyperbolic and childish.The cusp of their point wasn't even the video. Even if that particular group were full of crap, (honestly I don't want to watch the video if what either of you are saying is true) the rest of their point still stands.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 10:49 pm

Lightninggrrl wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
NoahYates wrote:

I think you are being hyperbolic and childish.The cusp of their point wasn't even the video. Even if that particular group were full of crap, (honestly I don't want to watch the video if what either of you are saying is true) the rest of their point still stands.
Then that means your an edomite and the spawn of satan and destined for either death or slavery, that is their belief!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 10:53 pm

Yep their right? According to the bible! :roll: This is why I troll them!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 11:01 pm

Supporting hate groups is not my thing especially if religion is involved, I troll them instead! But yet I am the bad guy for trolling them!Racism is not ok even if religion justifys it, it religion supports racism and that if god is real and only supports only certain ethnic groups and is a racist then you bet your ass ill stay an athiest!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 11:09 pm

Ok then, God is real, and a racist and insecure as well as a homophobe, he hates white people, Asians and gay people! There ya go! You win Delta, hope you got what ya wanted and your share of going to hell because your white as well! Hes like an anti white and anti Asian hitler dont ya know! If your either your a demon and destined to burn in hell. But since you support this its your downfall, I dont if god is a racist as*hole then he deserves to get owned as well!

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 11:26 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Ok then, God is real, and a racist and insecure as well as a homophobe, he hates white people, Asians and gay people! There ya go! You win Delta, hope you got what ya wanted and your share of going to hell because your white as well! Hes like an anti white and anti Asian hitler dont ya know! If your either your a demon and destined to burn in hell.

Firstly, please monitor your usage of spelling and grammatical junctions, and try to improve upon them. I struggle to understand what you are writing. Here is a guide to help you get better: http://www.scholastic.com/parents/resou ... er-grammar

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 11:28 pm

Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Ok then, God is real, and a racist and insecure as well as a homophobe, he hates white people, Asians and gay people! There ya go! You win Delta, hope you got what ya wanted and your share of going to hell because your white as well! Hes like an anti white and anti Asian hitler dont ya know! If your either your a demon and destined to burn in hell.

Firstly, please monitor your usage of spelling and grammatical junctions, and try to improve upon them. I struggle to understand what you are writing. Here is a guide to help you get better: http://www.scholastic.com/parents/resou ... er-grammar
God hates white people, Asians, and gays that means he hates you too and your a demon! But since you support homophonia and racism spelling and grammar is meaningless, even if provided you perfectly mr grammar Nazi, oh wait, you are a Nazi no point needed to be proven, my....friend! Oh your angry now because I said, that F word, friend! Now feel free to lose composure and rage like a rabid chimpanzee!

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 18 Apr 2016, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 11:31 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
NoahYates wrote:

Secondly, I suggest you research a logical fallacy known as a 'red herring.' This is since you just pulled a textbook example of this fallacy.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 11:34 pm

Friend friend friend friend friend friend friend friend friend friend! ...ducks and awaits personal attacks for cheap lulz!Racism seems to be ok if God says so, I oppose it and it it makes you mad! I defy god and it makes him mad! I win because I made racist god mad and am not racist and have applied logic debunking his racism and he hates that! The racist bearded man needs to get out more and get an education!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 11:42 pm

Your god right here!Remember God hates white people and Asians! He only likes black people Hispanics and native American Indians! So if you are White or Asian your going to hell! Regardless of the data proving that the Americas were not discovered yet and that the origional hispanics never existed at the time and that the natives worshipped the great spirit and not a god! Yeah this crap does not add up at all! The Aztecs even worshipped the sun not god so this crap is bunk as hell!Yup im an edomite white devil im going to burn in hell and god hates me! ROFLMFAO! Never going to happen this s**t is a joke and god is an insecure loser if he is real! I am still here god wtf ya going to do? Oh wait your not real, nothing will happen, I owned you and made you my b***h and called you on being an insecure racist!

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 12:09 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
[youtube]...Oh wait your not real, nothing will happen, I owned you and made you my b***h and called you on being an insecure racist!

You are truly a deluded fool.