Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 1:56 pm

Yup,when I heard it crashed I tried to get on it.Just to verify it.Tried four times over two days,no luck.I have no intentions of ever moving.You have to stay put and fight to bring the change you want,not abandoned ship.
I bet Canada took the site out just to keep a flood of Americans from crossing over.lol

A relative of mine in Austin did stomp a Trump mask in the street in protest.I hope no one was wearing the mask when it happened.lol

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 3:40 pm

I consider moving to Canada as cheating. It's like taking a lifeboat off the Titanic before it hits the iceberg.

(I was just watching Stephen Colbert, he rubs off on me)

bethannny
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2016, 10:19 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Yup,when I heard it crashed I tried to get on it.Just to verify it.Tried four times over two days,no luck.I have no intentions of ever moving.You have to stay put and fight to bring the change you want,not abandoned ship.
I bet Canada took the site out just to keep a flood of Americans from crossing over.lol

A relative of mine in Austin did stomp a Trump mask in the street in protest.I hope no one was wearing the mask when it happened.lol

Americans will never be flooding over, there are strict immigration laws. Canada is not a suburb of the U.S any of you are entitled to move to. We are a sovereign nation who can decide who we want to admit to our country. Out of of the 250,000 people per year who immigrate to Canada (from all over the world) less than 1% are American.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Nov 2016, 10:44 pm

It's so funny that leftists are running to Canada because of Trump which has much stricter immigration laws the US and voter ID, Canada doesn't even let you in the country to visit if you have relatively minor misdemeanors on your record. Their immigration policy would be likened to Nazi Germany in this country, heaven forbid they looked up how Mexico treats immigrants.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 10:45 pm

bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Americans will never be flooding over, there are strict immigration laws. Canada is not a suburb of the U.S any of you are entitled to move to. We are a sovereign nation who can decide who we want to admit to our country. Out of of the 250,000 people per year who immigrate to Canada (from all over the world) less than 1% are American.

Except for this comparatively small number of wannabe Trump refugees (triple eye roller :roll: :roll: :roll:), very few Americans have any desire at all to emigrate from the US of A to Canada. There really is little to nothing there to attract us that much.

On the other hand, there has never been a shortage of Canadians relocating to the US. That should say something but you can take it to mean whatever you want.

BTW, thanks for informing this dumb, knuckle dragging 'Murrican that Canada is a sovereign nation. And to think all this time I thought it was just one of our national parks...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 11:04 pm

bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I DON'T want to move there,I just wanted to see if the site had actually crashed.Save the speech for someone who wants to.It was a nice balmy seventy degrees here today.You can keep all your cold ass weather and snow,I don't want no part of it.

bethannny
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2016, 11:05 pm

Raptor wrote:
bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Except for this comparatively small number of wannabe Trump refugees (triple eye roller :roll: :roll: :roll:), very few Americans have any desire at all to emigrate from the US of A to Canada. There really is little to nothing there to attract us that much.

On the other hand, there has never been a shortage of Canadians relocating to the US. That should say something but you can take it to mean whatever you want.

BTW, thanks for informing this dumb, knuckle dragging 'Murrican that Canada is a sovereign nation. And to think all this time I thought it was just one of our national parks...

I tend not to believe the "Murican" stereotype (just so we are clear) I just think there are many people, especially of a younger age who are not very well informed about immigration laws. You do acknowledge this, do you not?

Very few Canadians relocate to the U.S. It is actually very difficult for a Canadian to get a U.S green card (if not impossible). So what you say is not true.

bethannny
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2016, 11:10 pm

Misslizard wrote:
bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I DON'T want to move there,I just wanted to see if the site had actually crashed.Save the speech for someone who wants to.It was a nice balmy seventy degrees here today.You can keep all your cold ass weather and snow,I don't want no part of it.

We are a large country with a diverse climate, it is not "cold" or "snowy" where I am right now either.

It's incredible how rude, dismissive and condescending Americans can be to Canadians considering we are your largest trading partner and a peaceful neighbour.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Nov 2016, 11:40 pm

I'm not sure I'd say cold and more cold is a diverse climate but I digress :P , very few Americans hold any ill will towards Canada(just like taking the piss with you) and a lot of people really don't know all that much about the country so the fact that is where all these people want to go is more a compliment than anything I think. I see Canada as being like America and that's why you won't see anybody threatening to move to Mexico! There are a ton of Canadians out here in the desert for what it is worth, can't tell the difference most the time unless they have Canadian license plates. Canada is a sovereign nation entitled to decide who they let in and don't just was the US is, Canadian immigration laws would be called the worst kind of racism in American and you guys have voter ID too which they try to liken to poll tax which is completely ridiculous.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 11:48 pm

bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

We are a large country with a diverse climate, it is not "cold" or "snowy" where I am right now either.

It's incredible how rude, dismissive and condescending Americans can be to Canadians considering we are your largest trading partner and a peaceful neighbour.

And visa versa.

bethannny
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2016, 11:56 pm

Misslizard wrote:
bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

And visa versa.

I really disagree. There really isn't much negativity or condescension towards the United States at all here.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 11:58 pm

bethannny wrote:
I tend not to believe the "Murican" stereotype (just so we are clear)

Forgive my 75% presumptiveness and 25% smartassism, but we've had many Canadians on this site over the years that have taken a very condescending attitude toward Americans. Of course, for all I know at least some or even most were Americans that hate America and pretend to be Canadian while online. Knowing what I know I would not put it past some of them. Personally, I have always thought of Canada as a good neighbor and never felt out of place while in Canada.

bethannny wrote:
I just think there are many people, especially of a younger age who are not very well informed about immigration laws. You do acknowledge this, do you not?

You'll have to excuse them, this Trump victory thing has really caught them (actually most of us) by surprise and they don't know which way is up right now. Give them time (and several tanker trucks full of latte) and they'll eventually comfort each other enough to stay put. There will be pain, be it real or imagined, and one could make a small fortune investing in butthurt lotion manufacturers but they will get over it.

bethannny wrote:
Very few Canadians relocate to the U.S. It is actually very difficult for a Canadian to get a U.S green card (if not impossible). So what you say is not true.

I was thinking more historical than recent.
Even with that there's no denying that our sunbelt is a haven for Canadians in the winter. Drive on any North-south interstate freeway in the winter (any time of the year, really) and see for yourself by all the Canadian licence plates.

Last edited by Raptor on 12 Nov 2016, 12:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 12:27 am

bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

And visa versa.

I really disagree. There really isn't much negativity or condescension towards the United States at all here.

I'm not sure about that,some Americans might have a different opinion.The only true way to know for sure would be to visit,but that's not something I ever wanted to do.
http://www.chron.com/opinion/outlook/ar ... 957961.php

bethannny
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Nov 2016, 12:46 am

Misslizard wrote:
bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
bethannny wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

And visa versa.

I'm not sure about that,some Americans might have a different opinion.The only true way to know for sure would be to visit,but that's not something I ever wanted to do.
http://www.chron.com/opinion/outlook/ar ... 957961.php

That article is twelve years old. Things are different now for many reasons. Most people in Toronto (where the author moved to) these days are mainly foreign born and don't really have an opinion either way. Really, apart from online stuff negative opinions about the U.S are uncommon.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 1:00 am

when I was able to visit Canada before modern restrictions [late 70s] it was a very pleasant place and the people were very pleasant, and I felt quite at home. I wished I could stay there. they were more laid back about things that americans are still uptight about. now it is impossible for me to live there due to the restrictions.