Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 9:16 pm

Cash__ wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
It does kind of make you think doesn't it?

It makes me think a person saw you and you were obviously distraught, so they gave a plantain to you to make you feel better.

I don't think most people have it in them to do something nice like that for a complete stranger though. How many times have you yourself seen somebody you didn't know who appeared to be upset about something but you didn't do or say anything to them? People aren't very trusting of complete strangers.

And besides I have Aspergers so I'm not typically the most expressive person especially in public. It's not like I was wearing a sign that day that said "I am giving into despair and need kindness!"

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 9:38 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Cash__ wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

It makes me think a person saw you and you were obviously distraught, so they gave a plantain to you to make you feel better.

I don't think most people have it in them to do something nice like that for a complete stranger though. How many times have you yourself seen somebody you didn't know who appeared to be upset about something but you didn't do or say anything to them? People aren't very trusting of complete strangers.

And besides I have Aspergers so I'm not typically the most expressive person especially in public. It's not like I was wearing a sign that day that said "I am giving into despair and need kindness!"

People who experienced deep sorrow themselves can be pretty good at spotting it in others even if it's not obvious. Kindness is rare, but it does exist - it's easy to forget sometimes.

Scipio
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Oct 2018, 9:47 pm

Then they have seen me do a lot of unsavory things that I'll probably have to explain when I die.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 9:48 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Cash__ wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

People who experienced deep sorrow themselves can be pretty good at spotting it in others even if it's not obvious. Kindness is rare, but it does exist - it's easy to forget sometimes.

I guess you are right. Empathy can be a very powerful thing huh? :)

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 5:23 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Cash__ wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Me personally never. Its not that I lack the desire too. I can not read facial expressions or emotions, so I am largely clueless of when said situation is happening. Other people are very good at it and i have been the recipient of such interactions many times.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 9:11 am

Cash__ wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Cash__ wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Me personally never. Its not that I lack the desire too. I can not read facial expressions or emotions, so I am largely clueless of when said situation is happening. Other people are very good at it and i have been the recipient of such interactions many times.

I think deep down most people would like to help a fellow human being who is having trouble or seems upset but we always have it in the back of our minds that this stranger might be a bad and dangerous person who would do us harm so we simply don't get involved. It is very understandable but it's also sad that we live in such a world. Kudos to the good samaritans out there who don't care about the psychos in this world and would still people on the streets. :D