Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 8:48 pm

Michael Bloomberg Slammed After Audio Of Him Defending Stop-And-Frisk Resurfaces

People are upset at what many are saying are very racist comments that Bloomberg made in a speech. Will this end up resulting in a lack of support for him?

On another note, I think it's bad that he's so far avoided every single debate that Democratic candidates have had. I don't believe he's gone "among the people" to meet with constituents either. It comes across as elitist.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 12:09 am

I'm kind of glad that Bloomberg got burned. I don't like his stance on life issues.

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2020, 5:08 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm kind of glad that Bloomberg got burned. I don't like his stance on life issues.

Electorally he hasn't been burned (or should that be Berned?) yet. Very realistic chance the the Democratic establishment unites around him for Super Tuesday. Bloomberg, after many cycles of testing the waters, appears to finally have a realistic path to the presidency.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 2:28 pm

It's Interesting How the Republican Establishment didn't Want Trump; but the Voters who were most
'Rabidly Cohesive' in their Support of Trump indeed got their way. And then When Trump Got in Office
they all (other Leaders) ate Humble Pie and their Tails are still-a-shivering Like a very small Dog with No Bark Left.

If they were really Independent enough Human Beings, generating their own Self Esteem; it wouldn't be THE END
of THeiR World if they Simply Told their Authentic Truths; instead of falling, falling, falling broken as they are now;
but there is that Fear of Losing Power and Status; that Human Weakness that is still 'the devil', on their Shoulder;

For the rest of the 'Minions', of course, if they don't stay glued to the Group Consensus; good bye to Oxytocin, out-
cast from the group; no more Group Feel Social Contagion Warm and Fuzzies; in all cases the Power to overcome
they don't have within; Generating their own Neurohormones and Neurochemicals would solve that issue in a
HeART BeaT; as long as they have a way to "Subsistently" Survive; Yeah i, know that's not a Dictionary word; but
someone made all of them up first; and that's 'a thing'; some folks move out of the Cave and some folks do not.

"Some Folks Dance And Some Folks Do Not"

-Guardians of the Galaxy II

Now the Pendulum is swinging WILDLY in the Other way; Oh Lord oF LiGHT and DarK, How 'Yin and Yang'
is a Real Thang..;)

It seems the Hairless Apes who are most Cohesive in Sticking together, may indeed be stronger again;
don't matter which side they are on as long as they stick together and vote together in 'Masses' (Church) too.

And Again in terms of Politics and that Famous "Last Dictator Speech" That Charlie Chaplin orated Years ago
after being 'silent so long', it really does 'dictate' the Truth that Humans indeed are ruled by Emotions and they
Will get Emotionally and Securely Attached to whoever has the Most Charisma to Light up their Heart strings
that do indeed control their lives over reason; for if one thing Donald Trump has taught for those who have
their 'Wise Eyes' Wide Awake is that the Human Animal By Far as far as voting goes indeed is Not Rational, overall
now As Without Truth there is no Ration; Just 'Demagogues' and the Lies they orchestrate for Heart strings to Follow.

Bernie Man 'Can You Feel the 'Burn'; He's firing up His Base; He's headed for 'the promised land' again, apparently
for real this 'Merry go 'round', if Human Nature Sticks again; that is fairly predictable like any 'rat in a lab' of consistency.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

BraveMurderDay
Toucan
Toucan

13 Feb 2020, 3:14 am

Magna wrote:
On another note, I think it's bad that he's so far avoided every single debate that Democratic candidates have had.

He hasn't met the eligibility requirements so far. He's about to get there by virtue of his polling numbers in time for the next debate in Las Vegas, to the chagrin of some who dislike how the thresholds are set up.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 7:28 am

Maybe I'm missing it, but is he out "stumping" right now? Is he meeting with people and holding rallies like every other candidate does? Even if he hasn't been eligible for any debates up to this point, is he meeting with, talking with and being among the people? Shaking hands and holding babies?

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 3:33 am

Magna wrote:
Maybe I'm missing it, but is he out "stumping" right now? Is he meeting with people and holding rallies like every other candidate does? Even if he hasn't been eligible for any debates up to this point, is he meeting with, talking with and being among the people? Shaking hands and holding babies?

Yes, Bloomberg has been out campaigning. He's skipping over the four early primary states and is focusing his efforts in Super Tuesday states and other later state primaries. He is spending large amounts of money of advertising and has hired many campaign operatives to advance his campaign throughout the country. He has been gradually rising in the polls, and is currently in third place in the RCP national polling average.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 2:50 pm

BraveMurderDay wrote:
Magna wrote:
On another note, I think it's bad that he's so far avoided every single debate that Democratic candidates have had.

He hasn't met the eligibility requirements so far. He's about to get there by virtue of his polling numbers in time for the next debate in Las Vegas, to the chagrin of some who dislike how the thresholds are set up.

He hasn't passed the threshold of small dollar donations required by his own choice unlike Steyer. My opinion is that he's trying to buy a presidency, pure and simple without being vetted by the public to the same degree as other candidates who have been stumping all along. By flooding media with ads and having ads the only means for the country up to this point to know anything about him, he can write his own narrative about who he wants to public to think he is.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 2:59 pm

Magna wrote:
Michael Bloomberg Slammed After Audio Of Him Defending Stop-And-Frisk Resurfaces

People are upset at what many are saying are very racist comments that Bloomberg made in a speech. Will this end up resulting in a lack of support for him?

doubt it. "very racist comments" didn't do anything to stop trump, why would they stop Bloomberg? people don't care anymore about mean comments, they care about recognition and policy...i don't know if bloomberg has any concrete policy proposals besides continuing the corrupt status quo (probably not) but people know him. and he has money.

Magna wrote:
On another note, I think it's bad that he's so far avoided every single debate that Democratic candidates have had. I don't believe he's gone "among the people" to meet with constituents either. It comes across as elitist.

he's literally trying to buy the nomination. his candidacy is a textbook case of what happens when you let money run amok in politics

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 3:03 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
he's literally trying to buy the nomination. his candidacy is a textbook case of what happens when you let money run amok in politics

I agree with you completely.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 11:57 am

The Bloomberg team has been trying to get me to support their favorite candidate. Why? I don't know...

They (At front door): "... we need your support for Mike this Tuesday so he can defeat Trump."

Me: "No way in Hell."

They: "But Mike is a proven leader who brings people together, which is what we need. What issues are most important to you?"

Me: "(1) He is not a military veteran, so he has no understanding of service to his country (just like Trump). (2) He has neglected his birthright, in that he is (at best) a nominal Jew who rarely attends shul and has not even given his two daughters a bat-mitzvah. (3) He is shown to be more interested in wealth than in his country or his stated religion (just like Trump). Thank you, and have a nice day."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 5:38 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Magna wrote:

doubt it. "very racist comments" didn't do anything to stop trump, why would they stop Bloomberg? people don't care anymore about mean comments, they care about recognition and policy...i don't know if bloomberg has any concrete policy proposals besides continuing the corrupt status quo (probably not) but people know him. and he has money.

Magna wrote:

I don't think people care much about policy, just recognition and sound bites.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 11:19 am

Imagine spending a half a billion dollars on a campaign after being the mayor for many years of one of the most known cities on the planet and getting virtually nothing to show for it. That's a special kind of unpopularity. It's epic.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 11:21 am

Magna wrote:
Imagine spending a half a billion dollars on a campaign after being the mayor for many years of one of the most known cities on the planet and getting virtually nothing to show for it. That's a special kind of unpopularity. It's epic.
He's thrown his support behind Biden, so it looks like Sanders will get the nomination.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 12:13 pm

You can take the question mark out.
Bloomberg suspends presidential campaign, endorses Biden

Quote:
Michael Bloomberg, who spent hundreds of millions of dollars to self-fund his 2020 presidential run, announced Wednesday that he is suspending his campaign after a poor performance on Super Tuesday and will endorse Joe Biden.

What he's saying: "I’ve always believed that defeating Donald Trump starts with uniting behind the candidate with the best shot to do it. After yesterday’s vote, it is clear that candidate is my friend and a great American, Joe Biden," Bloomberg said in a statement.

"I’ve known Joe for a very long time. I know his decency, his honesty, and his commitment to the issues that are so important to our country – including gun safety, health care, climate change, and good jobs."

What's next: Bloomberg has pledged to pay his massive staff to continue to work through November to support whoever becomes the eventual Democratic nominee.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman