Page 27 of 31 [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 11:53 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Are people really actually mad didn't serve in Vietnam, because most people who hate Trump have the type of politics that would be anti-Vietnam war anyway, so why would these same people hate the President for not serving in a war, that they wouldn't politically believe in?

Only when the person who didn't go is from the other party is there a "problem"...Both nominees had "medical conditions" which have no documentaion to support them, but the one on "their" side gets a free pass...It's the "side" the person is on that is the issue, not that they didn't go.

:roll:

No. It’s because trump lied like he does about everything.

And probably because we know that the only reason he got out of going to that horrible war was because his daddy was rich.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 12:09 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Are people really actually mad didn't serve in Vietnam, because most people who hate Trump have the type of politics that would be anti-Vietnam war anyway, so why would these same people hate the President for not serving in a war, that they wouldn't politically believe in?
Because they know how unfair it is that the many young men who were forced to go to that war and died in that war didn't have rich daddies to bribe their way out of the war?
Truth.

A wealthy white man buys his son a deferment while thousands of poor men's sons are drafted against their will (or enlist to get out of poverty) only to die in a foreign mud-hole or get their feet amputated with all the surgical precision that gangrene can entail.

DJT gets to stroll around on his feet (despite the alleged "bone-spurs") and call those same soldiers "losers".

DJT is a walking insult to veterans (like me) everywhere.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Sep 2020, 12:10 pm

Brictoria wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Only when the person who didn't go is from the other party is there a "problem"...Both nominees had "medical conditions" which have no documentaion to support them, but the one on "their" side gets a free pass...It's the "side" the person is on that is the issue, not that they didn't go.

I think this is mostly fair.

Historically there have been users on here who have refused to vote for Presidents without a record of military service. In the US, the President is “commander in chief”. I think a few of them have had to swallow their pride in recent years because they’ve decided one candidate or the other is intolerable.

I don’t really claim to have much knowledge about the legitimacy of either candidate’s refusal of service. But certainly there has been long standing criticism of men of their generation who dodged Vietnam and then attempted to take command of the military through politics. This goes back at least to Bill Clinton, who received a Rhodes scholarship (a very good reason to not be drafted). Until the last of that generation leaves politics then it will continue to be an issue.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 12:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Because they know how unfair it is that the many young men who were forced to go to that war and died in that war didn't have rich daddies to bribe their way out of the war?
Truth.

A wealthy white man buys his son a deferment while thousands of poor men's sons are drafted against their will (or enlist to get out of poverty) only to die in a foreign mud-hole or get their feet amputated with all the surgical precision that gangrene can entail.

DJT gets to stroll around on his feet (despite the alleged "bone-spurs") and call those same soldiers "losers".

DJT is a walking insult to veterans (like me) everywhere.

I completely agree. I mean it's one thing to avoid the draft, but to insult those were forced to fight and went through hell by calling them "losers" shows what a disgusting human being Trump is. Oh and let's not forget the fact that Trump was pardoning war criminals. That should be an even bigger slap in the face to our military in my honest opinion!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 2:01 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Truth.  A wealthy white man buys his son a deferment while thousands of poor men's sons are drafted against their will (or enlist to get out of poverty) only to die in a foreign mud-hole or get their feet amputated with all the surgical precision that gangrene can entail.  DJT gets to stroll around on his feet (despite the alleged "bone-spurs") and call those same soldiers "losers".  DJT is a walking insult to veterans (like me) everywhere.
I completely agree. I mean it's one thing to avoid the draft, but to insult those were forced to fight and went through hell by calling them "losers" shows what a disgusting human being Trump is. Oh and let's not forget the fact that Trump was pardoning war criminals. That should be an even bigger slap in the face to our military in my honest opinion!
So I have to wonder if those who support DJT also hate veterans and consider us 'losers'.  If they are for DJT, are they also for everything DJT is for ... like lying about pandemics, cheating the IRS, and grabbing women by the p***y?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 2:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Truth.  A wealthy white man buys his son a deferment while thousands of poor men's sons are drafted against their will (or enlist to get out of poverty) only to die in a foreign mud-hole or get their feet amputated with all the surgical precision that gangrene can entail.  DJT gets to stroll around on his feet (despite the alleged "bone-spurs") and call those same soldiers "losers".  DJT is a walking insult to veterans (like me) everywhere.
So I have to wonder if those who support DJT also hate veterans and consider us 'losers'.  If they are for DJT, are they also for everything DJT is for ... like lying about pandemics, cheating the IRS, and grabbing women by the p***y?

They either are or they're in denial.

Arronax
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Sep 2020, 4:09 pm

Same reason people support the other candidate: because they hate the other option even more.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 4:13 pm

Arronax wrote:
Same reason people support the other candidate: because they hate the other option even more.
People hate whom they fear, and fear whom they don't understand.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 4:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
Arronax wrote:
People hate whom they fear, and fear whom they don't understand.

But I understand Trump perfectly well. He's turned people in this country, both his supporters and his opponents, completely whacko and some are even willing to murder each other over him.

Arronax
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Sep 2020, 4:30 pm

I think you're overestimating his power.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 5:00 pm

Arronax wrote:
I think you're overestimating his power.

I think the riots and protests in this country speak for themselves.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 5:07 pm

I imagine they do, but not in the way you think.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 5:14 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
ironpony wrote:

They either are or they're in denial.

"But but but just because we support Trump doesn't mean we agree."

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 5:18 pm

Did everyone who voted for Obama, Hillary, and will vote for Biden, believe in endless wars for profit -- and genocide? (Yemen.)

Oscar Meyer Lansky

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 5:30 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Did everyone who voted for Obama, Hillary, and will vote for Biden, believe in endless wars for profit -- and genocide? (Yemen.)

That's the funny thing about Americans. Most are truly too ignorant to understand what their government officials are REALLY doing to the world when they're not distracting everyone's attention with issues of abortion and free health care.

But ask yourself: would you rather vote for a president who tears his own country in half and divides his people with so much anger and hostility towards each other to the point that civil war no longer seems like it is outside the realm of possibility? At least those other presidents were able to keep this country stable even if they were ****ing things up for other countries.

You guys need to accept that Trump has failed to keep the peace and yes he has failed to rebuild our economy too. We need to start thinking about the future of our country or else we are ****ed. But it might be naive of me to think that Americans are able to that at this point...

Oh and you forgot to add Bush to that list.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 5:45 pm

I'm not voting for either, so don't get your shorts in a knot. I'm just trying ti make it clear you're voting force evil regardless of who you vote for.

And yes, Bush is on the list. I just didn't bother to mention him because most liberals already agree on that, but they give Obama a pass, which is totally absurd.

Oscar Meyer Lansky