Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 5:21 pm

"The US embarrassed itself before the world for 100 minutes"

The Times of India

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 5:41 pm

Trump vs. Biden debate rules to change, with possible mic mute, after ugly first round

Quote:
The group that sponsors the presidential debates said Wednesday that it will make format changes to the next two showdowns between President Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden “to maintain order” in light of their fractious first showdown.

A source close to the Commission on Presidential Debates told NBC News that no final decisions have been made on the changes. But the source also said that the group is considering cutting off a candidate’s microphone if they violate the rules.

In a New York Times interview Wednesday, the Fox News journalist Wallace said, “I never dreamt that it would go off the tracks the way it did,” he said

The commission said it was “grateful to” Wallace “for the professionalism and skill he brought to last night’s debate and intends to ensure that additional tools to maintain order are in place for the remaining debates.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 10:03 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Trump won. Biden was doddering on and trying to regurgitate talking points but had no real facts or strategy.

Millions of Americans who watched the same debate say you're mistaken.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 1:58 am

Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Trump won. Biden was doddering on and trying to regurgitate talking points but had no real facts or strategy.
Trump was his usual blustery, bloviated self.  Biden was certainly less than memorable.

How can anyone determine a winner between Geriatric Joe and Donny Demento?  If those two are the best their respective parties have to offer, then a drunken dog-catcher would make a better president than either of them.

In the Southern US, there used to be yellow dog Democrats, who would rather vote for a yellow dog than a Republican.

Nowadays, the yellow dog would have a lot more sense. He, or she would be the best candidate.

No, I didn’t bother watching or listening to the debate, as I knew it would be a sh!tshow, no matter what happened.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 2:34 am

likely this will be the one and ONLY debate, as trumpoleeney would never agree to restrictive rules that prevented him from running roughshod over everybody else. debating this man is like playing chess with a pidgeon, which would only knock over all the pieces, crap all over the board and then strut and preen like he won the damned game.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 3:17 am

auntblabby wrote:
likely this will be the one and ONLY debate, as trumpoleeney would never agree to restrictive rules that prevented him from running roughshod over everybody else. debating this man is like playing chess with a pidgeon, which would only knock over all the pieces, crap all over the board and then strut and preen like he won the damned game.

The next scheduled debate between Trump and Biden in Miami on October 15th is supposed to be in a "Town Hall" style format, where the audience is allowed to ask questions to the candidates.

Being uncivil at such an event will likely reflect quite poorly on the candidate, so Trump probably can't get away with another 73 interruptions next time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 3:24 am

GGPViper wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The next scheduled debate between Trump and Biden in Miami on October 15th is supposed to be in a "Town Hall" style format, where the audience is allowed to ask questions to the candidates.

Being uncivil at such an event will likely reflect quite poorly on the candidate, so Trump probably can't get away with another 73 interruptions next time.

i wonder if they will have to divide the audience into separate sides depending on party?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 3:40 am

GGPViper wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

You actually counted? 8O

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 4:10 am

League_Girl wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

You actually counted? 8O

Of course not... the debate was held at 3 AM where I live... I'm not getting up in the middle of the night to listen to politicians argue…

I believe the number 73 was from CBS News.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 4:52 am

You know, I think I know what Trump derangement syndrome really is. It's when Trump supporters watched the Trump/Biden debate and still thought Trump won.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 6:03 pm

Trump suggests he won’t ‘allow’ rule changes for next debates with Biden

Quote:
President Donald Trump on Thursday suggested that he would not accept any expected changes to the rules of his remaining debates with Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden on the heels of their chaotic and acrimonious first showdown.

“Why would I allow the Debate Commission to change the rules for the second and third Debates when I easily won last time?” Trump tweeted.

Biden vowed later Thursday that he would not back out of the second debate.

“Yes I will participate in the next debate,” the former vice president told reporters.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 7:40 pm

I still think this is the best option, it’s even the right color. :twisted:
https://pawroll.com/products/challenger ... 4914205773

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 7:49 pm

I think they should get a drill sergeant (or two) to act as moderators.

I think I heard the number of interruptions was somewhere around 150.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 8:10 pm

elbowgrease wrote:
I think they should get a drill sergeant (or two) to act as moderators.

I think I heard the number of interruptions was somewhere around 150.

For each interruption, a kick in the nuts.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 8:21 pm

Whoever won, it sure wasn't us.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 9:18 pm

Nobody. Everyone in the whole country has lost. Everyone in the world has lost.

Excuse me while I lay down and die.