Using playing cards in place of the Major Arcana

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 8:25 am

This was a really interesting way of reading playing cards I fount on auntietarot's blog (she really does her research and finds much older sources on how to read both playing cards and tarot).

This was a method written about by a lady named Madaline Montalban who discovered this while she was visiting Spain and she wrote about this method in the 1950's.

Basically you remove the Joker, the four Aces, the four Nines, the Ten of Hearts, and all 12 Court Cards and these are what you use in place of the 22 Major Arcana Cards in a tarot deck.

I copied the list of card correspondences and listed them below:

King of Diamonds No. 1, The Magician
Queen of Diamonds No. 2, The High Priestess
Queen of Clubs No. 3, The Empress
King of Clubs No. 4, The Emperor
Knave of Hearts No. 5, The Hierophant
Queen of Hearts No. 6, The Lovers
Nine of Hearts No. 7, The Chariot
King of Hearts No. 8, Justice
Knave of Clubs No. 9, The Hermit
Nine of Diamonds No. 10, The Wheel of Fortune
Nine of Clubs No. 11, Strength
Knave of Diamonds No. 12, The Hanged Man
King of Spades No. 13, Death
Ace of Clubs No. 14, Temperance
Knave of Spades No. 15, The Devil
Nine of Spades No. 16, The Tower
Ace of Diamonds No. 17, The Star
Ace of Spades No. 18, The Moon
Ace of Hearts No. 19, The Sun
Queen of Spades No. 20, Judgment
Ten of Hearts No. 21, The World
The Joker No 0/22, The Fool

So I think I'm going to practice using this interesting cartomancy method for some political readings and post them on here.

♡◇ :study: ♧♤

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 9:05 am

Here's a political reading I'm attempting using this interesting method.

I did the cards like it said and asked "Will Donald Trump bring the United States to to ruin when he becomes president again?"

The way this works is I shuffle and cut until I pull out The Joker (representing The Fool), and whether he is rightside up or not I place him in the center, then I reshuffle and recut the cards and pull out 5 to form a cross pattern around The Joker. Now for this I need cards that can be reversed, and I ONLY read the reversed cards and disregard the upright cards (except for The Joker). If all the cards I pull are upright, it means that the future message is inconclusive and I must wait at least seven days before asking again.

First as you can see I pulled The Joker in reverse, which means "Things will not go smoothly" in regards to the question I ask.

The right (present) and the bottom (what fades out) both have upright cards, which means they must be disregarded as there is no clear answer on the present situation surrounding Trump, or how the problem will eventually "fade out" (IF it ever does...)

To the left, representing the past, I pulled the Queen of Clubs aka The Empress. It means "Loneliness gives way to much sociability; but new acquaintances may be self-seeking." (Sounds like Social Media lol :lol: )

To the top, representing what is to "immediately happen" regarding this situation with Trump, is the reversed King of Hearts aka Justice. " Be on your guard as others are not well disposed towards you."

Finally the card laid on top of The Joker, the King of Spades aka Death. "Your plans and hopes can’t succeed. Change your aims." This is the overall outcome of the situation

Sounds to me like even if Trump does win the election in the end, his plans to "Make America Great Again" won't come to fruition (as if we need the cards to tell us that).

But I see people obsessively thinking about him through the Queen of Clubs/Empress

I see the legal system being abused for political reasons through the King of Hearts/Justice

And finally I see that unless we make serious changes to our system we will continue to stagnate through the King of Spades/Death.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 1:18 pm

Btw given that this is a method of cartomancy discovered in Spain, I just want to add I find it fascinating that different regions around the world have their own methods and rules for reading the cards.

Like for example how in Germany the Spade cards are viewed as positive cards (unlike most other systems in which spades are all bad) while the Clubs are regarded as the "bad" cards.

This even translates into the Lenormand card system where just about every card with clubs featured at the top center has the most negative meanings.

For example in Lenormand Queen of Clubs = The Snake which is a bad card warning of danger and betrayel regarding a woman who comes into the picture.

While on the other hand Queen of Spades = The Bouquet which is a much more positive card implying a helpful and kindly woman enters the scene.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 3:54 pm

there may come a time to do away with all the lawyers.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 4:04 pm

auntblabby wrote:
there may come a time to do away with all the lawyers.

Maybe the Queen of Clubs aka Empress represents Social Media's obsession with Trump and the King of Hearts aka Justice and King of Spades aka Death means that the courts will not save us from Trump and that people shouldn't hold their breath hoping to see Trump in prison?

That Death Card is warning us to basically give up on our legal system. We need to find a better way to fight back against Trumpism. Because nothing else has made one bit of difference against him.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 7:48 pm

Another reading I attempted using this same method. :nerdy:

And a list of every card's meaning.

Quote:
The Joker: Represents No. 0 or 22 in the Tarot – The Fool. It signifies the matter inquired about. If the card is reversed, the message is that things will not go smoothly in this matter.
King of Diamonds: No. 1, The Magician. Your plans are not well favored. Abandon them if possible. If not, do not pin your hopes too high.
Queen of Diamonds: No. 2, The High Priestess. Occult messages, dreams, or spiritual inspiration may not prove reliable.
Knave of Diamonds: No. 12, The Hanged Man. Great self-sacrifice may be called for in the project, but it may be in vain.
King of Hearts: No. 8, Justice. Be on your guard as others are not well disposed towards you.
Queen of Hearts: No. 6, The Lovers. Only inconstancy of purpose can defeat you.
Knave of Hearts: No. 5, The Hierophant. Those who have deceived you will regret their actions. Restitution may be made.
King of Clubs: No. 4, The Emperor. Expect the goodwill and assistance of others.
Queen of Clubs: No. 3, The Empress. Loneliness gives way to much sociability; but new acquaintances may be self-seeking.
Knave of Clubs: No. 9, The Hermit. Be on your guard. Keep a still tongue about your affairs.
King of Spades: No. 13, Death. Your plans and hopes can’t succeed. Change your aims.
Queen of Spades: No. 20, Judgment. Impending changes which are fortunate if the Joker is not reversed – otherwise not.
Knave of Spades: No. 15, The Devil. You will be greatly tempted, and will regret it if you fall.
Nine of Hearts: No. 7, The Chariot. Almost miraculous rescue from your difficulties.
Nine of Diamonds: No. 10, The Wheel of Fortune. Your own efforts, and those alone, turn Fortune’s favor your way.
Nine of Clubs: No. 11, Strength. Those who have deceived you, or caused loss, will be forced to make restitution if you act firmly.
Nine of Spades: No. 16, The Tower. Unexpected help and a joyful surprise when all seems lost.
Ace of Diamonds: No. 17, The Star. Expect to overcome difficulties and opposition.
Ace of Hearts: No. 19, The Sun. A benign influence shadows your every move and action, guiding you to act rightly.
Ace of Clubs: No. 14, Temperance. Do not let restlessness or changeability lead you into making disastrous decisions.
Ace of Spades: No. 18, The Moon. A warning that your own duplicity or perhaps self-deception, impedes your plans.
Ten of Hearts: No. 21, The World. A very happy omen. Through worry and tribulation you’ll find success and happiness eventually

I asked the cards "Will the US have an actual civil war in the next couple of years?"

To the past I recieved The Queen of Hearts/The Lovers.

"Only inconstancy of purpose can defeat you"

In the present position I recieved The King of Hearts/Justice.

"Be on your guard as others are not well desposed towards you."

The top card showing what is immediately about to happen in regards to this situation is the Ace of Clubs/Temperance

"Do not let restlessness or changeability lead you into making disastrous decisions."

The card covering The Joker is the one representing the general outcome of the situation. The 9 of Diamonds/Wheel of Fortune

"Your own efforts, and yours alone, turn fortune's favor your way."

I have to disregard the bottom card, the 9 of Hearts, because it is upright meaning that "What fades away" is inconclusive in this reading. The talk and fear of the US tearing apart in violence isn't going away anytime soon...

The other cards are eerily spot on about what everyone here on WP has been trying to tell me. That only I and I alone can change the outcome of my destiny. Trying to vote against Trump is a start...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 10:18 pm

so IOW civil war's on the way. :o

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 10:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
so IOW civil war's on the way. :o

Not exactly. But if you read carefully the cards are warning us that it's possible if we allow it to happen. That's where that Wheel of Fortune in the outcome of things comes in.

We have the power to spin that wheel in any direction we want. In other words WE have the tools to prevent that stupid Civil War movie from becoming a reality show.

That's the silver lining. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 10:31 pm

pogo said, "we have met the enemy, and he is US." we allowed a civil war before and perhaps we're overdue for another?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 10:42 pm

auntblabby wrote:
pogo said, "we have met the enemy, and he is US." we allowed a civil war before and perhaps we're overdue for another?

Only if we allow it. :heart: Gotta think positive! There's way too much negative cynicism and nihilism in the world which is why things are so messed up today. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 10:42 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Only if we allow it. :heart: Gotta think positive! There's way too much negative cynicism and nihilism in the world which is why things are so messed up today. :)

do you have that much faith in your fellow citizens?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm

auntblabby wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

For some yes. You, envirozentinel, my mom, my brother and sister, my Nana, etc.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 10:56 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

and you also :D

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 11:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

and you also :D

:heart: :heart: :heart:

And I have to be honest about something. Because I am surrounded by so many Trump supporters I'm able to see some of them on a personal level, and they're not all as evil as the media makes them out to be. At least not to me. My other brother and both my surviving grandmothers support him, but we still love each other because we are family. There are some relations that not even increasingly unstable politics can tear apart.

That's another thing that gives me hope. That not every MAGA is driven out of a desire to be fascist, but just out of simple ignorance or a loyalty to the Republican party for what it used to stand for before Trump hijacked it.

I believe they fit the definition of a cult, but I can't help but pity people who fall to a cult's influence no matter dangerous and stupid they are. Because at the end of the day they're brainwashed victims who Trump is exploiting for every last cent they have to pay his legal fees. Plus a woman who supported him even died during that Jan 6th mess. People need to remember that these supporters of his are actually VICTIMS in a way too.

I would rather see his supporters get actual help than being quickly wrote off. I don't really want a civil war to break out or for us to end up like 1930's Germany. :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 11:36 pm

that ex-air force woman who needlessly got herself shot, is surely a tragic case.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 11:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
that ex-air force woman who needlessly got herself shot, is surely a tragic case.

Most of them were. So many people threw their lives away and wound up in prison for the sake of unhinged narcissist being a sore loser about losing the election that day.