Page 9 of 11 [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

27 May 2024, 11:16 am

babybird wrote:
I was amazed this morning when I saw the news and they were interviewing people coming out of a food bank. Absolutely broken people, on the bones of their arses. Bad teeth because (obviously) NHS dentists are in short supply. There's people where dressed in yesterday's rags and having to use a food bank and they STILL said that the Tory Party is the best thing that has happened to Britain

I just don't know how far some people can accept being grounded down before they see that they have been properly and completely f****d over by an uncompassionate, uncaring group of self serving c***s

That's what I saw on the news anyway and this concerns me


Unfortunately, there are certain folk who seem to have some kind of Stockholm syndrome regarding the Tories. These individuals are poor, and the policies of the 'for the rich' Tory party actively harm them and yet they somehow seem to sympathize with their feudal-like overlords.



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 68,026
Location: UK

27 May 2024, 11:43 am

She was literally feeling sorry for Sunak because he got rained on...Sunak who's a multimillionaire and who will never be heard of again in another 6 months or so and who also could not give a stuff for the poor people queuing up IN THE PISSING DRIVING RAIN at the f*****g food bank

I f*****g hate the lot of them

If I was a violent person I'd say they should all be lined up against a wall.....


_________________
We have existence


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

27 May 2024, 11:50 am

babybird wrote:
She was literally feeling sorry for Sunak because he got rained on...Sunak who's a multimillionaire and who will never be heard of again in another 6 months or so and who also could not give a stuff for the poor people queuing up IN THE PISSING DRIVING RAIN at the f*****g food bank

I f*****g hate the lot of them

If I was a violent person I'd say they should all be lined up against a wall.....


I totally get your feeling. They are infuriating, aren't they?



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 68,026
Location: UK

27 May 2024, 11:54 am

Charlatans


_________________
We have existence


DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2021
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,790
Location: Dorset

27 May 2024, 4:14 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Unfortunately, there are certain folk who seem to have some kind of Stockholm syndrome regarding the Tories. These individuals are poor, and the policies of the 'for the rich' Tory party actively harm them and yet they somehow seem to sympathize with their feudal-like overlords.


You're talking about my dad! He lost everything in the '89 recession. We were homeless for about a year and he was out of work for years and depressed. During the Labour years we lived in really nice social housing, he had work for the first time in years. His kids went to university for free. Then the Tories came back to power, he lost another business and another house.

At every point in my life, when the Tories have been in power, his life has turned to s**t. The only time it was good was when Labour was in.

But if you ask him, he'll say that the last Labour government was a disaster, things now would be worse under Labour and tell you that he thinks Jacob Rees-Mogg would make a good Prime Minister.

I don't understand it at all.


_________________
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 2150 character limit.


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

27 May 2024, 4:20 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Unfortunately, there are certain folk who seem to have some kind of Stockholm syndrome regarding the Tories. These individuals are poor, and the policies of the 'for the rich' Tory party actively harm them and yet they somehow seem to sympathize with their feudal-like overlords.


You're talking about my dad! He lost everything in the '89 recession. We were homeless for about a year and he was out of work for years and depressed. During the Labour years we lived in really nice social housing, he had work for the first time in years. His kids went to university for free. Then the Tories came back to power, he lost another business and another house.

At every point in my life, when the Tories have been in power, his life has turned to s**t. The only time it was good was when Labour was in.

But if you ask him, he'll say that the last Labour government was a disaster, things now would be worse under Labour and tell you that he thinks Jacob Rees-Mogg would make a good Prime Minister.

I don't understand it at all.


It's a really odd happening that working class people would vote for rich and out-of-touch folk who employ economic policies that harm them.

I think it happens in some cases because people are ignorant or ill educated, or who want to be different or who think they are better than they are, i.e, they think they are temporarily poor and a soon to be millionaire or eventual millionaire when in reality they'll always be part of what used to be referred to as the 'peasantry'.

Some people will have a lot of ambition and they might feel as though the entrepreneur type ideas of capitalism aligns with their mindset and often the conservatives are thought of as more aligned with business than Labour are, so there is that.

Some people inherit money and want to protect their wealth or look down on people who are marginally lower than them on the income scale or they might look down on people who receive benefits, and since the conservatives are hostile to people on benefits (a large majority of who happen to be disabled folk), the conservatives might seem more appealing in this respect to 'stick it to the work shirkers' or whatever. :roll:



DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2021
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,790
Location: Dorset

27 May 2024, 4:45 pm

^I don't think it's any one thing. I think all those things you've written there play a part.

I think there's also an element that thinks that because these people are rich, they must be doing something right, so we should listen to them. They forget that most of these Conservatives are rich because of an accident of birth and when you're rich, with the right approach (that they can easily afford to pay for if they're not smart enough to learn it themselves), it's very easy to stay rich and get richer.

There's also the idea that because Conservatives are ideologically in favour of low taxes, that's good for everyone. The reality, of course, is that low taxes disproportionately benefit the very rich.


_________________
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 2150 character limit.


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

27 May 2024, 5:07 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
^I don't think it's any one thing. I think all those things you've written there play a part.

I think there's also an element that thinks that because these people are rich, they must be doing something right, so we should listen to them. They forget that most of these Conservatives are rich because of an accident of birth and when you're rich, with the right approach (that they can easily afford to pay for if they're not smart enough to learn it themselves), it's very easy to stay rich and get richer.

There's also the idea that because Conservatives are ideologically in favour of low taxes, that's good for everyone. The reality, of course, is that low taxes disproportionately benefit the very rich.


I agree with all that you have said in this post.



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 68,026
Location: UK

28 May 2024, 10:27 am

Angela Rayner has been cleared of any wrong doing so that's one in the eye for the Tory bastards


_________________
We have existence


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

28 May 2024, 10:28 am

babybird wrote:
Angela Rayner has been cleared of any wrong doing so that's one in the eye for the Tory bastards


Brilliant news! :)



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 68,026
Location: UK

28 May 2024, 10:29 am

Well I got my info from my bf so I've not yet checked for myself :lol:


_________________
We have existence


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

28 May 2024, 10:29 am

babybird wrote:
Well I got my info from my bf so I've not yet checked for myself :lol:


I hadn't checked myself, either.

Well, at least your boyfriend is on top of the news. :lol:



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 68,026
Location: UK

28 May 2024, 10:37 am

:lol:


_________________
We have existence


Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2021
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,479
Location: Manchester, UK

28 May 2024, 12:12 pm

Sunak's come out with several things I disagree with lately:

National service for 18 year olds. Stupid expensive idea that will achieve nothing imo.

Abolishing national insurance. We need national insurance to pay for the NHS, social care etc.

Kepping the pensions triple lock. Too expensive imo. Pensions should go up in line with CPI inflation imo.


_________________
Diagnosed with ADHD - Inattentive type and undiagnosed aspergers.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).


Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2021
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,479
Location: Manchester, UK

28 May 2024, 12:25 pm

babybird wrote:
Well I got my info from my bf so I've not yet checked for myself :lol:


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-69063295 :D


_________________
Diagnosed with ADHD - Inattentive type and undiagnosed aspergers.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).


ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Age: 71
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,685

02 Jun 2024, 9:39 am

I gather Angela Rayner and Diane Abbot have both been forgiven by the leader for their socialism. It's rumoured they were first offered peerages to step down, but the leadership says the peerage system doesn't work like that. The Tories are highlighting the U-turns and claiming that Rayner is running the Labour Party. That'll be the day.

None of Sunak's gimmicks seem to be helping the Tories in the polls. 8)