Page 9 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2005, 1:51 pm

Namiko wrote:
I also pray that I can be more accepting of new neighbours. They seem nice, but are also homosexual and hopefully I can become less judging of them.

You coud follow Paul's advice to the churh in Corinth- the San Francisco of the Roman Empire. While approving of homosexuality is unscriptural (see Romans 1:16-32 with emphasis on verse 32), having some sort of association with homosexuals is not, as long as they do not identify themselves as Christians.

"I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner--not even to eat with such a person."

1 Corinthians 5:9-11

tokaia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2005, 2:07 pm

Sean wrote:
Namiko wrote:
I also pray that I can be more accepting of new neighbours. They seem nice, but are also homosexual and hopefully I can become less judging of them.

You coud follow Paul's advice to the churh in Corinth- the San Francisco of the Roman Empire. While approving of homosexuality is unscriptural (see Romans 1:16-32 with emphasis on verse 32), having some sort of association with homosexuals is not, as long as they do not identify themselves as Christians.

"I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner--not even to eat with such a person."

Spewing more of your religious intolerance and arrogant self-righteousness again, Sean? :roll:

alex
Developer
Developer

15 Aug 2005, 2:10 pm

tokaia wrote:
Sean wrote:
Namiko wrote:

Spewing more of your religious intolerance and arrogant self-righteousness again, Sean? :roll:

Actually, it appears that Sean is merely quoting a verse in the bible...

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2005, 2:27 pm

i take it u don't like my crap spelling

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2005, 2:37 pm

tokaia wrote:
Dear god,

I pray with all my might that you teach fionaban how to spell and use proper grammar, instead of using chatroom kiddie-speak.

Amen

:?

So ask her what OS she is using and send her a copy of Microsoft Word to check spelling with!

tokaia wrote:
Spewing more of your religious intolerance and arrogant self-righteousness again, Sean?

Actually, the verses I mentioned outline conditions that would allow Christians to keep company with homosexuals. However, doing so is purely optional.

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2005, 2:38 pm

lol

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life." John 3:16

tokaia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2005, 2:40 pm

fionaban wrote:
i take it u don't like my crap spelling

No, I don't. It hurts my head. Bad grammar is the second greatest of my pet peeves, deliberate or not.

And if her (I'm assuming you're a female, fionaban?) computer has its original installation of Windows, it should have Word preinstalled.

Sean wrote:
tokaia wrote:
Spewing more of your religious intolerance and arrogant self-righteousness again, Sean?

Actually, the verses I mentioned outline conditions that would allow Christians to keep company with homosexuals. However, doing so is purely optional.

That's surprising. Just another example of the bible contradicting itself. :roll: The rest of the verse made it sound like crooks, drunks and covetors are worse, yet in other parts, homosexuality sounds worse... Geeze, the bible needs to get its crap straight... :roll: However, I'll give up this argument because it doesn't belong in this thread. It belongs in the homosexuality one.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2005, 3:02 pm

If she doesn't have Microsoft Word, fionaban could go here: http://www.spellcheck.net

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2005, 4:12 pm

tahks, very funny. lol

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2005, 9:14 pm

Another giving thanks, and about the same person, but I swear Im not being obsessive, this was another decently relevant worry: I'm very thankful that the same person I mentioned before also passed his driver's liscense test yesterday. VERY thankful. ((Don't tell me to be proud of him, by the way- he despises the idea that anybody can be proud off anybody else. I almost put that in fact, then thought- no.))

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2005, 9:56 pm

Pray that I become accostumed to the new school schedule and the departure of friends from the school I currently attend. Please pray that I am also able to find some good friends.

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Aug 2005, 6:31 pm

will pray

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2005, 3:01 pm

Pray for the members on the US Gulf Coast. So far, I think SpaceCase is in the most direct path. I hope we hear from her soon. :(

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Aug 2005, 6:13 pm

will pray

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2005, 7:37 pm

I'm also praying for those affected by Hurricane Katrina. It's so hard to imagine what a large, natural disaster would be like, but I hope everyone's friends and/or relatives are safe. And that SpaceCase returns soon. :(

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 10:37 am

Please keep praying for all the victims of Hurricane Katrina. I fear it is going to be a long road ahead for those who live in the Gulf States.