Page 10 of 15 [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2023, 4:00 pm

nominalist wrote:
Nades wrote:
Tyranny then?

To me, capitalism and tyranny are the same thing.

All I can say is that most people have never engaged with a person like me before. I say that after years of experience, including as a professor.

I became a New Left communist back in 1968. In other words, I am an old communist and an academic communist. Folks like me, who have extensively read the literature, do not fit the molds made by capitalists. We have almost nothing in common and, in effect, do not even speak the same language. It is like speaking with a person who defines almost every term opposite from oneself.

You fit the mould of a typical communist though it seems.

I take it you haven't read the post I made many pages ago about the typical traits of a communist which you keep ticking more and more off the list.

You started off with a knowledgeable explanation of communism and now, a few pages later you have displayed a shameful view that jailing people for owning capital (for a long time by alluding to no bail) is somehow OK. You have also only spoken about profit until I prompted you about losses in which your knowledge became very scarce despite how well read you say you are on the subject.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Aug 2023, 4:13 pm

Nades wrote:

I am far from being a typical communist. I am a hybrid of libertarian Marxism (more specifically, Bhaskarian critical realism) and Maoism-Third Worldism. To the best of my knowledge, there is no one else around like me. Normatively, libertarian Marxists and Maoist-Third Worldists hate one another. Being in the middle means that people who might like me for one reason hate me for another. Perhaps my peculiarity is related to my Autism. I have no idea.

Quote:
I take it you haven't read the post I made many pages ago about the typical traits of a communist which you keep ticking more and more off the list.

There are no typical traits of communists. Communists are extremely divided and frequently do not get along with one another. How many communists do you know personally?

Quote:
You started off with a knowledgeable explanation of communism and now, a few pages later you have displayed a shameful view that jailing people for owning capital (for a long time by alluding to no bail) is somehow OK. You have also only spoken about profit until I prompted you about losses in which your knowledge became very scarce despite how well read you say you are on the subject.

To you, it is shameful.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2023, 4:26 pm

nominalist wrote:
Nades wrote:

I am far from being a typical communist.

The views you hold seems broadly seem similar to what communism is.

nominalist wrote:
There are no typical traits of communists..

No. They regularly share common traits. The most common seems to be the condoning of inhumane treatment of others for not supporting communism and only talking about profit which you have done both of.

nominalist wrote:
Nades wrote:

To you, it is shameful.

Jailing people for owning personal property of any modest wealth is shameful and is an appalling way to treat another person. It's views like yours that is the reason communism always seems to collapse and rightly (by your own admittance) never catches on.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Aug 2023, 5:14 pm

Nades wrote:

Then, respectfully, you appear to be someone who has never studied communism in depth. In reality, there is no such animal as communism. There are only communisms. Many are vastly different from one another.

Quote:
No. They regularly share common traits. The most common seems to be the condoning of inhumane treatment of others for not supporting communism and only talking about profit which you have done both of.

My goodness. I would encourage you to bring some communists into your life. We are among the most compassionate people, toward the Proletariat (the workers), anyone will ever meet. We genuinely love the workers. You obviously have primarily engaged with communists online. The Internet tends to bring out the extremists in almost everything.

If not, your information on the various communist tendencies comes from anti-communists. That is much worse.

Quote:
Jailing people for owning personal property of any modest wealth is shameful and is an appalling way to treat another person. It's views like yours that is the reason communism always seems to collapse and rightly (by your own admittance) never catches on.

To me, capitalism is more awful than most crimes for which people spend multiple decades in prison.

By the way, I never opposed personal property. Thank God, and I mean that sincerely, I happen to have a lot of it (a car, a nice condo, etc.). Life has been good to me. I oppose private property. It is another term for capitalism.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 2:17 am

nominalist wrote:
Nades wrote:

Then, respectfully, you appear to be someone who has never studied communism in depth. In reality, there is no such animal as communism. There are only communisms. Many are vastly different from one another.

Quote:

My goodness. I would encourage you to bring some communists into your life. We are among the most compassionate people, toward the Proletariat (the workers), anyone will ever meet. We genuinely love the workers. You obviously have primarily engaged with communists online. The Internet tends to bring out the extremists in almost everything.

If not, your information on the various communist tendencies comes from anti-communists. That is much worse.

Quote:

To me, capitalism is more awful than most crimes for which people spend multiple decades in prison.

By the way, I never opposed personal property. Thank God, and I mean that sincerely, I happen to have a lot of it (a car, a nice condo, etc.). Life has been good to me. I oppose private property. It is another term for capitalism.

But many who hate capitalism seem to live relatively peaceful lives under capitalism while also enjoying some degree of the economic advantages and technology.

Indeed, many people here on WP who support communism are in fact, showing their support for communism via an electronic device and internet provider developed by mega corps.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 2:43 am

Yes, yes you are very intelligent. :lol:

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Aug 2023, 3:03 am

Nades wrote:
But many who hate capitalism seem to live relatively peaceful lives under capitalism while also enjoying some degree of the economic advantages and technology.

Indeed, many people here on WP who support communism are in fact, showing their support for communism via an electronic device and internet provider developed by mega corps.

Technological development is not unique to capitalist societies. Both the former USSR and modern Cuba have made enormous advances.

By the way, the most popular cell phones in the world are manufactured in China by the South Korean company, Samsung.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 4:07 am

nominalist wrote:
Nades wrote:

Technological development is not unique to capitalist societies. Both the former USSR and modern Cuba have made enormous advances.

By the way, the most popular cell phones in the world are manufactured in China by the South Korean company, Samsung.

Samsung isn't state owned and China is capitalist for the most part.

Also, it's hard to deny that capitalist nations are lightyears ahead tech wise of communist nations.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 4:08 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Yes, yes you are very intelligent. :lol:

I find it strange how communist supporters in capitalist nations never move to communist countries. Seems to me that they prefer capitalism over communism to me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 4:56 am

Nades wrote:
I find it strange how communist supporters in capitalist nations never move to communist countries. Seems to me that they prefer capitalism over communism to me.
They seem to know it is easy to live as a Communist in a free country; but they also seem to know it is impossible to live free in a Communist country.  They seem to know that they can practice whatever brand of Communism they want, even if it is not "True" communism, as well.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 6:05 am

Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
They seem to know it is easy to live as a Communist in a free country; but they also seem to know it is impossible to live free in a Communist country.  They seem to know that they can practice whatever brand of Communism they want, even if it is not "True" communism, as well.

I must have have had them all wrong then. Over the years I thought they enjoyed a lack of freedom and grossly over the top punishments. They might only enjoy subjecting others to it and not themselves perhaps?

Anyway I think there is also other reason they don't move to communist nations. Firstly, many don't have the right skills for a communist nation. Communists favour practical skills and STEM employees (if they can keep them in a communist nation). Many capitalist communists don't have any practical skills it knowledge relating to STEM fields.

Secondly I think they secretly know they would be in serious trouble in a communist nation. Their own "comrades" will make like hell for them if they don't pull their weight. Real communist won't put with capitalist communists.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 9:56 am

Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:

More of that 'why would you ever try to improve things in your homeland, why not move somewhere that you believe has just as many, but different issues rather than advocate for change in your own backyard?' nonsense.

What an embarrassing circle jerk you guys have got going on in this thread. :lol:

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 12:43 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:

More of that 'why would you ever try to improve things in your homeland, why not move somewhere that you believe has just as many, but different issues rather than advocate for change in your own backyard?' nonsense.

What an embarrassing circle jerk you guys have got going on in this thread. :lol:

The reason for communists remaining in capitalist nations is because they don't want to live in the poverty and authoritarianism of a communist nation.

There is no noble cause for them remaining in a capitalist state other than their own preference for capitalism.

Everyone knows westernised communists never want to move to Cuba or North Korea.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 12:44 pm

Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:

I must have have had them all wrong then. Over the years I thought they enjoyed a lack of freedom and grossly over the top punishments. They might only enjoy subjecting others to it and not themselves perhaps?

Anyway I think there is also other reason they don't move to communist nations. Firstly, many don't have the right skills for a communist nation. Communists favour practical skills and STEM employees (if they can keep them in a communist nation). Many capitalist communists don't have any practical skills or knowledge relating to STEM fields.

Secondly I think they secretly know they would be in serious trouble in a communist nation. Their own "comrades" will make life hell for them if they don't pull their weight. Real communist won't put with capitalist communists.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 12:48 pm

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:

The reason for communists remaining in capitalist nations is because they don't want to live in the poverty and authoritarianism of a communist nation.

There is no noble cause for them remaining in a capitalist state other than their own preference for capitalism.

Everyone knows westernised communists never want to move to Cuba or North Korea.

Why move somewhere with other serious issues when you can try to improve where you already live?

You're still vomiting up the same cop-out as before. :lol:

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 1:14 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Why move somewhere with other serious issues when you can try to improve where you already live?

You're still vomiting up the same cop-out as before. :lol:

By serious issues I imagine you mean poverty and an awful track record of human rights violations caused by communism?