Page 96 of 100 [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

TM
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:25 pm

Joker wrote:
Hmm I understand that's how you see thing's my mother how ever would disagree.

So a woman getting a job despite having poorer qualifications because she's a woman and a man not getting the job despite having better qualifications because he's a man is not discrimination based on gender?

I'd love to hear the rhetorical contortionist act required to defend that position.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:28 pm

TM wrote:
Joker wrote:

So a woman getting a job despite having poorer qualifications because she's a woman and a man not getting the job despite having better qualifications because he's a man is not discrimination based on gender?

I'd love to hear the rhetorical contortionist act required to defend that position.

What makes you think the women isn't qualifed for the job?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:30 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Ragtime, feminism is NOT about saying the sexes are equal.

Well, since feminism is about whatever any feminist wants it to be about at that particular moment, who can say what it's about?

DW_a_mom wrote:
Equal pay for equal work does not mean everyone is exactly the same, it just means that if you are doing the same job just as well, then you should be paid the same for it, and as much as we would like to not believe it, studies continue to show that women in the US do not make the same amount of money, on average, for the same job, as men.
Constitutional equality is about codifying the existing laws that guarantee women cannot be discriminated against merely as a result of their gender. Do you really have an issue with either of those concepts? Would you want your wife to work for half the pay of the man beside her if something were to happen to you and she was forced to support herself? Of course not.

Employers should continue to have latitude in deciding what to pay their own employees in their own companies. It is, after all their company and their money. Whatever discrimination may be present in a particular salary amount is not something that the law can do away with: people who want to discriminate ALWAYS will find ways. I have an idea: Let's outlaw evil! Great! Why has no one in power in this country thought of that before?!?!?!? Well, they did think of it, but realized it couldn't work. You cannot enforce non-discrimination. Keep trying, it won't happen. This is a basic fact of life. Life cannot be legislated to be fair, regardless of the good intentions behind the idea. It will not work, because fairness will not be measurable in most cases. In the few cases it can be, I'm all for it.

DW_a_mom wrote:
You repeat that line, about feminists trying to say men and women are the same, as is saying it often enough will make it true, but it isn’t.

Oh my goodness... I just don't even know what to say to your utter blindness to this being said by feminists on every single page of this thread! Good grief! :o

I don't really think my listening to hyperlexian and reading your post was worthwhile, having done it and seen how poorly your interpret my words, as well as everyone else's.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm

Joker wrote:
TM wrote:
Joker wrote:

What makes you think the women isn't qualifed for the job?

The article I was specifically referring to in the post you originally quoted was about how the women in this case were less qualified than their male colleagues.

I also didn't say "not qualified" I said "less qualified".

Lets say A has a Doctorate in Business administration and 8 years of finance experience, B has a master of science in business administration and 6 years of banking experience. A should get the job period. Regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion and so on.In the article we were talking about (I cut down on the quote pyramid) it specifically stated that the women were less qualified than their male colleagues.

What does this imply? That despite having lesser qualifications than those required of the males working on the same level, the women got hired for the same positions.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm

TM wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Still waiting to see a reply to DW_a_mom...

I'm still waiting to see a reply to His_Devine's statistics posted about 10 pages before her post. I believe you made a creationist comment and then walked off with your tail between your legs.

Creationists? Walked off? Seems I'm still here, smart guy, try again. His_Divine was responded to by Vex, hyper and possibly Joker and has basically the same arguments as you and Ragtime, which amount to holding your fingers in your ears, stamping your feet and shouting "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO"

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:44 pm

Vigilans wrote:
TM wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

I'm still waiting to see a reply to His_Devine's statistics posted about 10 pages before her post. I believe you made a creationist comment and then walked off with your tail between your legs.

Creationists? Walked off? Seems I'm still here, smart guy, try again. His_Divine was responded to by Vex, hyper and possibly Joker and has basically the same arguments as you and Ragtime, which amount to holding your fingers in your ears, stamping your feet and shouting "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO"

:lol: thank you vigilans

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:45 pm

Joker wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
TM wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Look Joker don't take this the wrong way but I do not need a glee club following me, its okay to laugh at people's jokes but its not cool to border on postwhoring lol

Mirror
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2012, 3:48 pm

Tequila wrote:
Mirror wrote:
And I wanted to share on the boards that there are women out there who feel just like I do.

What would happen if you had serious misgivings about his behaviour or his decision-making? Could you have your voice heard and respected or would he beat you or bully you into submission?

That's the true sticking point I think.

OH MY GOSH!! I trust him because I love him! You all keep forgetting that I'm the one who wanted the CDD lifestyle! It actually took my husband years to understand it when I first mentioned it. I am not abused!! You all think he is this horrible man who manipulates women! :V We are a team as in he leads I follow and we both look for God for guidance. It like a dance.

I just can't argue anymore. This is what makes me want to cry because they don't understand us. I am the happiest I have been and most fulfilled in life! I show my husband love by letting him take care of me and guide me threw life and he has never felt more right in he's role as a husband. I'm the one that asked for CDD! I'm the one who like in charge, dominant men!

It's just very upsetting and makes me want to cry to have you all tell me that my life and happiness is wrong. That's what it genuinely feels like.

And I told you what I believed and I knew I was gonna get rolled over by it!

I just can't take it any more.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:50 pm

Vigilans wrote:
TM wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Walked off as in "made a snarky comment about his statistics being akin to a creationist and left the post to die." As for the fingers and ears and stomping no, no no, right back at you. I am quite impressed with you guys though, if I changed my definitions as often as you do I'd be suffering from MPD right about now.

Quite frankly I'm shocked that your collective spine hasn't snapped from the cirque de soleil act you've been pulling with your changing definitions, raging against generalizations by generalizing, requiring everyone else to scientifically document their claims where "Hyper, Valentine or Vigil" said it seems to be as good as an entry in encyclopedia Britannica.

See, I can be snarky and hostile too, I just so happen to think that it rarely leads to anything good in a discussion. If you look at the feminists in this thread, they are the most hostile people in here. IF I remember the post in question, it contained statistics detailing how children from single-mother homes are more frequently the victims of domestic abuse, that women are the source of 60% of domestic abuse of children, that 40% of women have sabotaged men's visitation rights to punish them, that men and women make the same money when all differences are accounted for, and all from government statistics or otherwise reputable sources. I've read every page in this thread and not seen a reply to this :

[img][800:938]http://i44.tinypic.com/2d1tuf4.jpg[/img]

Originally posted by HisDivineMajesty

Last edited by TM on 07 Apr 2012, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:51 pm

Mirror wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Mirror wrote:
And I wanted to share on the boards that there are women out there who feel just like I do.

What would happen if you had serious misgivings about his behaviour or his decision-making? Could you have your voice heard and respected or would he beat you or bully you into submission?

OH MY GOSH!! I trust him because I love him! You all keep forgetting that I'm the one who wanted the CDD lifestyle! It actually took my husband years to understand it when I first mentioned it. I am not abused!! You all think he is this horrible man who manipulates women! :V We are a team as in he leads I follow and we both look for God for guidance. It like a dance.

I just can't argue anymore. This is what makes me want to cry because they don't understand us. I am the happiest I have been and most fulfilled in life! I show my husband love by letting him take care of me and guide me threw life and he has never felt more right in he's role as a husband. I'm the one that asked for CDD! I'm the one who like in charge, dominant men!

It's just very upsetting and makes me want to cry to have you all tell me that my life and happiness is wrong. That's what it genuinely feels like.

I do not think Tequila was trying to insult you, but he was asking a valid question- though you believe in submission to the husband, is he infallible? Would your concerns be taken into account if he disagreed with them in such a system? Ragtime did say he "disciplines" you physically by spanking (which to my eyes is a form of humiliation but that is not here or there I guess) so I do not think it is unfair of Tequila to ask you

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:51 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Joker wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
TM wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Look Joker don't take this the wrong way but I do not need a glee club following me, its okay to laugh at people's jokes but its not cool to border on postwhoring lol

Non taking 8)

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:53 pm

Mirror, most people posting here actually don't care about your lifestyle. You don't have to defend it to anyone. I also don't have to defend mine to you.

This whole CDD thing has been a big derailment of the thread, actually. It doesn't have that much to do with feminism, unless you're using it as a rebuttal to feminism. I don't see how that works, though. The fact that you submit to Ragtime has no effect on my life or the issues I choose to think about. Using your lifestyle choice as a rebuttal to my ideology does not work.

I don't follow the logic of: 'I like submitting to dominant men, therefore feminism is wrong.'

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:58 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Mirror, most people posting here actually don't care about your lifestyle. You don't have to defend it to anyone. I also don't have to defend mine to you.

This whole CDD thing has been a big derailment of the thread, actually. It doesn't have that much to do with feminism, unless you're using it as a rebuttal to feminism. I don't see how that works, though. The fact that you submit to Ragtime has no effect on my life or the issues I choose to think about. Using your lifestyle choice as a rebuttal to my ideology does not work.

I think the same way I understand it's how she chooese to live her life but that doesn't mean it will change my feminist views on things I love movies about feminism and reading comic books or just books about it to my female persona is the dominat one if yall already couldn't tell :lol:

Mirror
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2012, 4:00 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Mirror wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Mirror wrote:

I do not think Tequila was trying to insult you, but he was asking a valid question- though you believe in submission to the husband, is he infallible? Would your concerns be taken into account if he disagreed with them in such a system? Ragtime did say he "disciplines" you physically by spanking (which to my eyes is a form of humiliation but that is not here or there I guess) so I do not think it is unfair of Tequila to ask you

I trust him. I trust him. I trust him.

When he does a mistake he tells me about it. He isn't a bull dozing dick like you all make him out to be! And he has only "disciplined" me once. And we BOTH agree it was for a good reason!! ! That's just our lifestyle choice to do CDD! That I wanted!

I trust God to work threw him and me in different ways.

If you don't believe in God/Jesus. You will never understand our relationship. Simple as that.

I can't reduce it to anything more. That is the core for our relationship.

Mirror
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2012, 4:03 pm

puddingmouse wrote:

I don't follow the logic of: 'I like submitting to dominant men, therefore feminism is wrong.'

I just don't want to argue any more.

I only got on to defend my husband and show that I'm not an abused door mat like everyone thought.

I honestly don't see any purpose anymore....

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 4:04 pm

Ragtime in my opinon has to right to do such a thing to you do you do that to him as well?