Conservative christians are devil worshippers

Page 2 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 2:04 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\
Hell, I don't have to read Rand when you're willing to do it for me and pick out the tidbits I want.

Would it matter if I told you that Rand, besides having lived for years and years without a heart, was actually a very bad writer?

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 2:22 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Moviefan2k4 wrote:
There's always hypocrites in every group, but calling all Christians and/or conservatives devil worshjpers crosses the line many times over.

Any "Christians" that would advocate the use of violence, or that would use their religious doctrines as justification for conquest through the mass slaughter of indigenous people are not worshiping the Christ.
Jesus drove people out of Solomon's Temple with a whip, because they dishonored the spiritual purpose that place was originally built for.

Good point! Forcing a bunch of slave traders out of your holy temple with a whip is equivelant to blowing up buildings and gunning people down in the name your doctrine. In fact, it's exactly the same!

Great insight.......... and the perfect justification for the 9/11 attacks. Bin Laden would be proud.

Keep up the good work! :thumright:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 2:30 pm

Has everyone forgotten that part in the bible where Jesus instructed his followers to enrich the moneylenders, advocated for the death penalty for sinners, and mocked the poor?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 2:56 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Has everyone forgotten that part in the bible where Jesus instructed his followers to enrich the moneylenders, advocated for the death penalty for sinners, and mocked the poor?

I... don't recall him ever advocating those things.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 2:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\
Hell, I don't have to read Rand when you're willing to do it for me and pick out the tidbits I want.

Would it matter if I told you that Rand, besides having lived for years and years without a heart, was actually a very bad writer?

No, not really. Her value to me is that she can still keep the left's collective tail in knots 30+ years after her passing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 3:05 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\

No, not really. Her value to me is that she can still keep the left's collective tail in knots 30+ years after her passing.

Only because hard hearted conservatives try to implement her "fiction" as policy.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
Moviefan2k4 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Moviefan2k4 wrote:
There's always hypocrites in every group, but calling all Christians and/or conservatives devil worshjpers crosses the line many times over.

Any "Christians" that would advocate the use of violence, or that would use their religious doctrines as justification for conquest through the mass slaughter of indigenous people are not worshiping the Christ.
Jesus drove people out of Solomon's Temple with a whip, because they dishonored the spiritual purpose that place was originally built for.

Good point! Forcing a bunch of slave traders out of your holy temple with a whip is equivelant to blowing up buildings and gunning people down in the name your doctrine. In fact, it's exactly the same!

Great insight.......... and the perfect justification for the 9/11 attacks. Bin Laden would be proud.

Keep up the good work! :thumright:
There's a difference between violence and cruelty. Christians are never to exercise the latter, but we're not commanded to be pacifists, either.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 4:21 pm

"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."
Sounds like Christ was promoting pacifism to me.
Later on, when Paul lists off who won't see the kingdom of God, he includes "warmongers."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 5:37 pm

Love Your Enemies (Matthew 5:38-40)

(Jesus said,) "You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well."

Not only are Christians supposed to be peaceful, they're also supposed the let others slap the snot out of them and rob them blind.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 6:01 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Only because hard hearted conservatives try to implement her "fiction" as policy.

If she had and still has the audience of so many hardhearted conservatives I doubt much if any of it was fiction.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Later on, when Paul lists off who won't see the kingdom of God, he includes "warmongers."

Warmongers are a necessity in this world to counter the warmongers of our enemies.

Fnord wrote:

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. (Raptor 1/2/2014)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 6:13 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If she had and still has the audience of so many hardhearted conservatives I doubt much if any of it was fiction.

Kraichgauer wrote:

Warmongers are a necessity in this world to counter the warmongers of our enemies.

Fnord wrote:

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. (Raptor 1/2/2014)

As a matter of fact, Rand did in fact write fictional novels - everything from Anthem, to Fountain Head, to the much worshiped Atlas Shrugged. It says something about her followers who can't tell the difference between fiction and non-fiction. Hey, I know, I'll base an economic/political system around Frank Herbert's Dune!

And as far as warmongers are concerned - I'm only quoting an Apostle of our Lord and Savior.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 6:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
As a matter of fact, Rand did in fact write fictional novels - everything from Anthem, to Fountain Head, to the much worshiped Atlas Shrugged. It says something about her followers who can't tell the difference between fiction and non-fiction. Hey, I know, I'll base an economic/political system around Frank Herbert's Dune!

Like I said, I've never read Rand but I hear so much about her from your complaining. I guess I should stick a crowbar in my wallet and buy one of her books. :D

Quote:
And as far as warmongers are concerned - I'm only quoting an Apostle of our Lord and Savior.

Which is open to interpretation.
If we're going to start taking The Holy Bible literally then we should start with Genesis and the creation of earth and mankind.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 8:50 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Like I said, I've never read Rand but I hear so much about her from your complaining. I guess I should stick a crowbar in my wallet and buy one of her books. :D

Quote:

Which is open to interpretation.
If we're going to start taking The Holy Bible literally then we should start with Genesis and the creation of earth and mankind.

Read away. Maybe you'll realize how insane your side has been. :lol:
And as far as taking the Bible literally - I brought up statements by Christ and his followers because moviefan had introduced an alleged anti-pacifism by Christ into the conversation. I should think were you to introduce Genesis into the topic, we'd be in left field in no time.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 8:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
Love Your Enemies (Matthew 5:38-40)Not only are Christians supposed to be peaceful, they're also supposed the let others slap the snot out of them and rob them blind.
No, we're supposed to be selfless. "Turning the other cheek" is a historical reference to people slapping folks from the side. Turning a bit results in you staring them in the face, so Jesus was saying to face your enemies instead of constantly running away. My pastor explained the "coat" deal once, but I forgot the specifics.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 8:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."
Sounds like Christ was promoting pacifism to me.
There's a difference between delighting in death or war, and always being prepared for the possibility of it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 8:59 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Love Your Enemies (Matthew 5:38-40)Not only are Christians supposed to be peaceful, they're also supposed the let others slap the snot out of them and rob them blind.
No, we're supposed to be selfless. "Turning the other cheek" is a historical reference to people slapping folks from the side. Turning a bit results in you staring them in the face, so Jesus was saying to face your enemies instead of constantly running away. My pastor explained the "coat" deal once, but I forgot the specifics.

That's... uh... an interesting interpretation. Suffice to say, it's not what my Pastor - or any Lutheran pastor I've ever known - has said on that subject.