Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 12:54 pm

Raptor wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Oh, I have no doubt that that owner/manager hung on every one of Fox's talking heads' words, as from proof of that stare he gave me for the entire time we were there.

He's probably dealt with one progressive too many.
I know the feeling. :?

Quote:
And the place was overpriced from what food we ordered, too.

Compared to what, Micky D's?
If you're as dirt poor as you're always bragging about why were you even there?

Kraichgauer wrote:
The place had actually just opened, so I doubt he'd have had time to be influenced by us terrible, terrible progressives.
I'm sure he'd dealt with them aside from the business.

Quote:
And as far as the price is concerned - I have eaten in many restaurants that were pricey, but in almost every other case I actually got what I paid for. This BBQ joint hardly gave us our money's worth.

And that would most likely be the reason they went out of business, not Fox. To spare myself from sh***y restaurants I read reviews on them (urbanspoon, tripadvisor, etc.... ) first to find out what's what. If a place just opened I let other people be the guinea pigs.

And I've dealt with conservatives and conservative libertarians in everyday life.
And while the prices and portions were doubtlessly a contributing factor for this BBQ joint going out of business, I'm not going to rule out the owner/manager trying to shove his politics down his customer's throats as a contributing factor.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 1:05 pm

Raptor wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Oh, I have no doubt that that owner/manager hung on every one of Fox's talking heads' words, as from proof of that stare he gave me for the entire time we were there.

Quote:

Kraichgauer wrote:
The place had actually just opened, so I doubt he'd have had time to be influenced by us terrible, terrible progressives.

Quote:
And as far as the price is concerned - I have eaten in many restaurants that were pricey, but in almost every other case I actually got what I paid for. This BBQ joint hardly gave us our money's worth.

And that would most likely be the reason they went out of business, not Fox. To spare myself from sh***y restaurants I read reviews on them (urbanspoon, tripadvisor, etc.... ) first to find out what's what. If a place just opened I let other people be the guinea pigs.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And I've dealt with conservatives
Heartless and evil?
Quote:
and conservative libertarians in everyday life.
Just heartless.

Quote:
And while the prices and portions were doubtlessly a contributing factor for this BBQ joint going out of business, I'm not going to rule out the owner/manager trying to shove his politics down his customer's throats as a contributing factor.
But I'm sure it would be okay if he shoved liberal politics down his customers's throats.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 1:25 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwvBS-t9Byc[/youtube]Ahh the Bible Belt every time I think of the Bible Belt Morel Orel pops up in my head!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 1:58 pm

Raptor wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:

Kraichgauer wrote:
And I've dealt with conservatives
Heartless and evil?
Quote:
and conservative libertarians in everyday life.
Just heartless.

Quote:
But I'm sure it would be okay if he shoved liberal politics down his customers's throats.

Certainly not all conservatives and libertarians are evil, but those who are are especially bad.
And no, shoving liberalism down someone's throat while running a business is equally wrong, and just plain idiotic when it comes to possibly offending paying customers.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 6:02 pm

Ha Ha Ha! Half of those things in the original post are true where I live. It's so ridiculous and funny at the same time.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 6:33 pm

You know you're in The Bible Belt when you walk into a Super Walmart on a sunday Morning and all the sections that do not carry food products are roped off/no admittance until noon because of the Blue Laws. --(Hello, West Columbia South Carolina Walmart)

You can buy beer 24 hours a day, except for Sunday when the alcohol is either shut off, or locked up at 12 midnight for Sunday prohibition, and resumes exactly 24 hours later. (Hello, South Carolina)

You walk into an Applebee's for supper, but cannot order a beer due to the fact that the Applebee's in question is located in a Dry County. (Hello, Asheboro, North Carolina)

You live in a town where it's tradition for all the college freshment to be taken to buy white lighting from the local Moonshiner. Everybody, including the city cops, and Sherriff's deputies know about him, but turn a blind eye to it because it's tradition, and well, he's one of us, and he's been doing it for so long that what else is he gonna do? Go on Welfare???. (Hello Asheville, North Carolina)

When Barbecue is mentioned, the first thing that you think of is a pig, or the major body parts of a pig slow roasted over oak, hickory/pecan, or a mix of the two above mentioned woods for many hours, not hamburgers and hot dogs over a charcoal, or gas grill.

All you can eat Barbecue Buffets for under $10. (Hello, many places in South Carolina)

The Lieutenant Govenor resigns after being caught with a good amount of Nose Candy and serves a short misdemeanor sentance for it. --The black kid that sold it to him? Well, he's a bit f**ked. ( Hello South Carolina, again)

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm

/\ I hate dry counties and just about all the "blue laws" that I've ever heard of. :x
But I don't see them changing anytime soon since there are still too many people (a.k.a. voters) that want to keep things the way they are.

Fogman wrote:
All you can eat Barbecue Buffets for under $10. (Hello, many places in South Carolina)
Maybe Kraichgauer should move to South Carolina. :P

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\ I hate dry counties and just about all the "blue laws" that I've ever heard of. :x
But I don't see them changing anytime soon since there are still too many people (a.k.a. voters) that want to keep things the way they are.

Fogman wrote:

Believe it or not, I was about to post that. :lol:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 8:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Fogman wrote:

Believe it or not, I was about to post that. :lol:

You in S. Carolina would feel like a Jew in Nazi Germany. That's one blood red state and always has been.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 8:31 pm

^^^
I'm sure I could find some of my brother and sister progressives anywhere.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 8:43 pm

Raptor wrote:

Fogman wrote:

The blue laws are rather strange. The state of Connecticut is very liberal/progressive, yet you can't buy beer or liquor past 8:00 pm or on Sunday. Yet here in Missouri, which is bible belt-ish, I can buy it 24x7, even in pharmacies. The blue laws don't seem to be where you'd think they would be?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 8:51 pm

Cash__ wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Fogman wrote:

The blue laws are rather strange. The state of Connecticut is very liberal/progressive, yet you can't buy beer or liquor past 8:00 pm or on Sunday. Yet here in Missouri, which is bible belt-ish, I can buy it 24x7, even in pharmacies. The blue laws don't seem to be where you'd think they would be?

As far as Connecticut is concerned, I believe their state has traditions dating back to the Puritans, who were never big on alcohol.
As far as Missouri is concerned - that state has always had a considerable ethnic German element, who culturally understand that consumption of alcohol is in itself hardly a vice.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 11:55 pm

If you tell your child's teacher, your child DIDN'T FORGET to mention Christmas OR Easter as family traditions, because you don't celebrate them and aren't Christian. And said teacher recoils horror like you said you like to stomp baby kittens, you might be in Bible Belt hell.

This was for some BS poster my kid had to do for 1st grade.

I live in Michigan, a good 80% of what the vid guy talked about happens here. I can't wait to get the hell out when my husband officially retires.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 12:06 am

Tawaki wrote:
If you tell your child's teacher, your child DIDN'T FORGET to mention Christmas OR Easter as family traditions, because you don't celebrate them and aren't Christian. And said teacher recoils horror like you said you like to stomp baby kittens, you might be in Bible Belt hell.

I live in Michigan, a good 80% of what the vid guy talked about happens here. I can't wait to get the hell out when my husband officially retires.
You should move to the west coast its more relaxed and liberal here as well as athiest friendly!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 12:40 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Tawaki wrote:

You should move to the west coast its more relaxed and liberal here as well as athiest friendly!

I always thought so. 8)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 1:23 am

Sidenote Kraichgauer is the coolest Christian on Wrong Planet!