Why is it that black on white crime is rarely reported?

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2014, 12:12 pm

Right, the legitimate agenda of pointing out how racist the USA is towards black people.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2014, 1:14 pm

AspE wrote:
Right, the legitimate agenda of pointing out how racist the USA is towards black people.

I'm not seeing it.

A couple of punks got killed for being punks.

What racism is there? None.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2014, 2:19 pm

Dillogic wrote:
AspE wrote:

I'm not seeing it.

Then you just aren't looking. It isn't even as if they try very hard to hide it in some places.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2014, 2:39 pm

sonofghandi wrote:
Then you just aren't looking. It isn't even as if they try very hard to hide it in some places.

I was wonder too about what racism ?

- Jesse Jackson asserted "Silicon Valley racism" (i.e., Silicon Valley tech companies have an over-representation of Asians, therefore he asserts that this is racism towards black people). For example, 34% of Google employees in the US are Asian, yet Asians make up only 5% of the US population. This kind of racism?

- The governor of Michigan has proposed a plan for Detroit; he proposes to immigrate 50,000 workers with graduate degrees from around the world (i.e., replace the black population with probably mostly Asians) as the solution for Detroit. Some black people see this as racism, since he could job train people already there. This kind of racism?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2014, 2:42 pm

Dillogic wrote:
AspE wrote:

I'm not seeing it.

Not seeing racism is also racism.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 6:41 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
sonofghandi wrote:

I was wonder too about what racism ?

- Jesse Jackson asserted "Silicon Valley racism" (i.e., Silicon Valley tech companies have an over-representation of Asians, therefore he asserts that this is racism towards black people). For example, 34% of Google employees in the US are Asian, yet Asians make up only 5% of the US population. This kind of racism?

- The governor of Michigan has proposed a plan for Detroit; he proposes to immigrate 50,000 workers with graduate degrees from around the world (i.e., replace the black population with probably mostly Asians) as the solution for Detroit. Some black people see this as racism, since he could job train people already there. This kind of racism?

There are plenty of stats you could look at, or you just talk to some of the people who are affected by it.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 9:13 am

AspE wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
AspE wrote:

I'm not seeing it.

Not seeing racism is also racism.

But, perhaps, seeing a racist under every bush is a form of paranoia gone racist?

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 10:05 am

Coldheart wrote:
The media likes to focus on Michael brown and trayvon martin but totally ignores the horrible murders of channon christian and christopher newsom for example (a young white couple brutally murdered and tortured by blacks). Black on white crime has dramatically increased yet the media refuses to report it and makes it seem like it's the other way around. I'm appalled by this. All it's doing is enabling violence towards caucasions.

You mean why is white on black violence sometimes over-covered in the media.
It's because groups like the NAACP, Rainbow Push, and democratic politicians like to exploit it regardless if the white was innocent and defending him/herself. Members of these types of groups swarm the place making it seem like a hate crime and twisting info to benefit them.

Many others fall for their nonexistent "push towards civil rights". The racial groups as a result profit off the death. Democratic politicians supported by these groups also offer fake sympathy yet the district remains as poor and crime ridden as before they were elected thus keeping the black vote heavily democratic. The cycle then begins again.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 10:32 am

ZenDen wrote:
But, perhaps, seeing a racist under every bush is a form of paranoia gone racist?

I'll be the first to say that many jump to inaccurate conclusions, but to pretend like racism is not still a massive force in this country is fairly obtuse.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 10:36 am

AntDog wrote:
Coldheart wrote:
The media likes to focus on Michael brown and trayvon martin but totally ignores the horrible murders of channon christian and christopher newsom for example (a young white couple brutally murdered and tortured by blacks). Black on white crime has dramatically increased yet the media refuses to report it and makes it seem like it's the other way around. I'm appalled by this. All it's doing is enabling violence towards caucasions.

You mean why is white on black violence sometimes over-covered in the media.
It's because groups like the NAACP, Rainbow Push, and democratic politicians like to exploit it regardless if the white was innocent and defending him/herself. Members of these types of groups swarm the place making it seem like a hate crime and twisting info to benefit them.

Many others fall for their nonexistent "push towards civil rights". The racial groups as a result profit off the death. Democratic politicians supported by these groups also offer fake sympathy yet the district remains as poor and crime ridden as before they were elected thus keeping the black vote heavily democratic. The cycle then begins again.

A a scant few highly publicized cases a year where someone without a firearm dies at the hands of someone who does not = massive conspiracy to keep the Democrats in power? Seriously?

As for Michael Brown, I saw way more stories focusing on the militarization of police than I did on the racial aspect. But I can guarantee you that where I now live the police are much more polite to me than anyone else on my street. One officer in particular seem to be especially fond of harassing the teens who a just playing street basketball.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Sep 2014, 11:09 am

Coldheart wrote:

So, not only has black on white crime not increased (see Viper's post above), but the bias in the media doesn't go the way you think it does.

Black children are less likely to receive media attention when they go missing, for example: http://www.academia.edu/857391/Missing_ ... dren_Cases (usually being "missing" is the result of a murder or kidnap)
Generally, the media overreports crime committed by black people and portrays them differently - the accused are more likely to be shown from a mugshot rather than a personal photo, they're more likely to be shown being restrained... http://www.cjr.org/minority_reports/mic ... _media.php

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 11:54 am

sonofghandi wrote:
Then you just aren't looking.

If I have to go out of my way to look for racism*, then it's obviously not much of a problem.

*Being treated differently by the law based on your ethnicity/skin color

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 12:23 pm

Because White people are bad and black people are good!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 1:27 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Because White people are bad and black people are good!

So funny, sounds like quote from a t-shirt, or a 'Racism for Dummies' book. :)

Coldheart wrote:
caucasions.

"Caucasian" denotes the facial structure.

What is a Caucasian person?
-Little or no prognathism exhibited?an orthognathic profile, with minimal protrusion of the lower face.
-Retreating zygomatic bones (cheekbones), making the face look more "pointed".
-Narrow nasal aperture, with a tear-shaped nasal cavity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

A caucasian person:

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 1:48 pm

sonofghandi wrote:
ZenDen wrote:

I'll be the first to say that many jump to inaccurate conclusions, but to pretend like racism is not still a massive force in this country is fairly obtuse.

The first racist I saw I was 9 when we were in TN on vacation from IL when a large white man smashed a little black boy's face into the water fountain he was drinking from. There were no repercussions (it was 1952), and the boy's father hurried him away. I believe this was a racist act.

I saw another racist when we were looking for property (more recently) in FL and the real estate agent got lost....pulled to the side of the road, and hollered to the black man driving an earthmover next to the road: "Hey Boy....get your ass over here" and the black man came over and gave directions to the white agent, and was very polite. I believe this was a racist act.

So it's not that I don't believe racism isn't very common.

But I don't believe every white/black or black/white violent incident is racist. However many people profit from making everything sound racist...one, in my humble opinion, is the NAACP. I personally think that Zimmerman might have killed a Latino or Asian just as readily. But it was immediately turned into a white/black issue (by the NAACP?), as are other horrible crimes.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 1:56 pm

ZenDen wrote:
But I don't believe every white/black or black/white violent incident is racist. However many people profit from making everything sound racist...one, in my humble opinion, is the NAACP. I personally think that Zimmerman might have killed a Latino or Asian just as readily. But it was immediately turned into a white/black issue (by the NAACP?), as are other horrible crimes.

^This I mostly agree with. But my issue is that too many people use the fact that there are those who see racism everywhere as an excuse to pretend racism does not exist. Just because the boy cried wolf too many times doesn't mean that his sheep aren't getting eaten.

And for the record, I personally don't think it was so much about race with Zimmerman as it was seeing a teen out after dark and Zimmerman dreaming of being the big hero. I think what turned it into a race issue more than anything was when certain conservative news outlets tried to paint Martin in a bad light by calling him a instantly calling him a thug and the whole hoody= likely criminal BS.

But based on everything that has come out so far, I am fairly convinced that the Michael Brown incident was a direct result of race based profiling.