What do you all think about the atmosphere right now?

Page 2 of 9 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Dec 2014, 9:32 pm

Humanaut wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
...you cannot begin to know what life is like for a young, poor, urban black male--especially in a place like New York where they practice "stop and frisk." It's pretty hard to ignore the cops when they push your face into a wall and squeeze your ass every time you see one!

Hell, as an old white dude I don't pretend I know what it's like either, BUT I know my experience is VERY DIFFERENT.

Old white dudes are not known to cause much trouble compared to young black males.

that's funny, old white dudes seem to be the cause of most of our trouble in this country

see: Washington, D.C.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 9:36 pm

What do you mean?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 10:00 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
...you cannot begin to know what life is like for a young, poor, urban black male--especially in a place like New York where they practice "stop and frisk." It's pretty hard to ignore the cops when they push your face into a wall and squeeze your ass every time you see one!

Hell, as an old white dude I don't pretend I know what it's like either, BUT I know my experience is VERY DIFFERENT.

Old white dudes are not known to cause much trouble compared to young black males.

that's funny, old white dudes seem to be the cause of most of our trouble in this country

see: Washington, D.C.

W O R D !

PS
you forgot wall street.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 10:03 pm

Humanaut wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:

Where I live a lot of the old white men are crankheads and nearly all of the young black men are university students.

Profile much?

Between the local crankheads and the dudes in D.C. & New York, old white men are DEFINITELY the most dangerous criminals in America!
:x

Last edited by GoonSquad on 20 Dec 2014, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 10:14 pm

Well we're all f***d....seems to be the direction things are going.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 10:17 pm

Also the trouble is I bet whoever killed those cops will be persecuted to the full extent of the law, unlike when a cop kills someone where it is not necessary. That is part of the problem, people feel the cops get a free pass to behave violently and act above the law. I don't think people going around shooting cops is going to help anything that is for damn sure but I am not surprised about this.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 10:24 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Cops shouldn't enforce unjust laws or just quit, I have no sympathy for them if they're afraid. I don't support violence in any way but the chickens always come home to roost.

Are you a cop working a tough beat?

Are you an unemployed black man who gets harassed by cops on a daily basis?

there's two sides to every conflict...

Hey I've been harassed by cops but I can tell you the WORST thing I could do which would endanger myself is to get a belligerent attitude toward the cops. If you aren't doing anything, the best way to handle the cops is to just stay quiet, stay legal, and ignore. Pretend like they aren't there. I have been followed by them while driving and pestered but I have learned how to deal with them. Stay legal and don't pay attention to them. I know the only way I can get into trouble is by breaking the law and if I am not doing that, they can't do a thing to me so who cares?

What most people don't understand is cops aren't really popular with any group. They aren't popular with blacks. I live in a town that was 95% white for years even though it's not so much now and the vast majority of whites didn't like seeing a cop around looking over their shoulder but they didn't cop an attitude with the cop. They just complain when the cop isn't around but when the cop is, just smile, be friendly or don't pay attention at all, don't make eye contact. It is how most cops are treated by the vast majority of society. You may not like cops but they are a part of life and they are not going away so just learn how to deal with them and get on with your life.

And if you ARE doing something illegal and the cop catches you, it really is in your best interest to cooperate and let your lawyer sort things out. The odds aren't in your favor.

Unfortunately I do not think it is so true the only way you can get in trouble is if you break a law, people live under that illusion but I think more people are realizing its not actually true. Also since cops enforce laws they need to know how to deal with people with the least force/violence possible and not escalate situations themselves(much of the time they are the ones who escalate the situation or provoke in cases where someone gets more aggressive/unstable acting around them so they can excuse more brutal force. Of course it is best to calmly deal with them and don't be a dumba** and try to show some basic respect...but even that won't necessarily prevent any aggressive behavior on the part of the cop

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 10:26 pm

Humanaut wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:

That's ironic considering the large majority of our government consists of old white dudes...and they cause plenty of trouble for us citizens.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Also the trouble is I bet whoever killed those cops will be persecuted to the full extent of the law, unlike when a cop kills someone where it is not necessary. That is part of the problem, people feel the cops get a free pass to behave violently and act above the law. I don't think people going around shooting cops is going to help anything that is for damn sure but I am not surprised about this.

Apparently this guy in New York allegedly shot his ex-girlfriend earlier that day down in Baltimore before traveling up to NYC. After killing to two officers he got ran into the subway and killed himself thankfully, spared us another cop rampage like the LAPD did in search of Chris Dorner.

This what they did to some some random person's car that wasn't even close to description, luckily the people inside weren't killed.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Apparently this guy in New York allegedly shot his ex-girlfriend earlier that day down in Baltimore before traveling up to NYC. After killing to two officers he got ran into the subway and killed himself thankfully, spared us another cop rampage like the LAPD did in search of Chris Dorner.

This what they did to some some random person's car that wasn't even close to description, luckily the people inside weren't killed.

So sounds to me like this individual did not just go kill a couple cops out of anger at the injustice....but rather murdered their girlfriend, were fleeing and ended up killing cops. The way it seemed described in the OP(maybe due to the article they got the info from) seems like they are trying to make it sound as though the citizens standing up against police brutality are now resorting to violence...that sort of thinking could certianly cause more police brutality towards the general population.

And about that picture 8O, damn.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 10:48 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

So sounds to me like this individual did not just go kill a couple cops out of anger at the injustice....but rather murdered their girlfriend, were fleeing and ended up killing cops. The way it seemed described in the OP(maybe due to the article they got the info from) seems like they are trying to make it sound as though the citizens standing up against police brutality are now resorting to violence...that sort of thinking could certianly cause more police brutality towards the general population.

And about that picture 8O, damn.

Seems the guy just snapped more like it, he posted this on instagram and killed both of these cops in their car, they might not of even saw him

I think his ex may of lived of lived too

but yea that pic was the aftermath of the LAPD firing on 71 year and 47 year old Hispanic mom and daughter in a blue Toyota Tacoma out delivering paper at 5 am, Chris Dorner was a black guy in a a dark gray Nissan Titan. The city of Los Angeles settled with the women for $4.2 million.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 11:06 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:

That's ironic considering the large majority of our government consists of old white dudes...and they cause plenty of trouble for us citizens.

Could you be more specific?

GoonSquad wrote:
Between the local crankheads and the dudes in D.C. & New York, old white men are DEFINITELY the most dangerous criminals in America!

You are not making much sense either.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 11:19 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Could you be more specific?

be more specific how, maybe you hadn't noticed but there are some major problems in this country...and our government is a big part of it, that consists mostly of old white males right?

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 11:25 pm

Who and what are you referring to?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 11:30 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Who and what are you referring to?

How about the as*holes in congress who cannot seem to pass any laws that don't involve bailing out scumbag wall street bankers hellbent on crashing the world economy AGAIN?

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 11:38 pm

Wall Street bankers crashed the world economy? When did that happen? Bailouts are not illegal as far as I know. Have you been watching conspiracy theories on YouTube?