Page 2 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2017, 5:28 pm

It's not about left or right.

I watched a video of both sets of idiots pushing a dumpster at each other.

This is people being vile a***holes to each other and has nothing to do with politics.

It tends to happen when you only have 2 flavours of politics and 80% of your population don't like the taste.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2017, 6:25 pm

If we give both the 'Black Bloc' types, and the hardest of the hardcore Trump supporters baseball bats and let them have at, we will have contributed greatly towards a situation where meaningful dialogue will come to the fore again.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 3:58 pm

Sargon of Akkad chiming in.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 5:28 pm

One of these days some anti-Trump militants are going to do the wrong thing at the wrong time at the wrong place and really have their asses handed to them.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 6:11 pm

If that happens I'd rather see it with their own assault tactics backfiring than inter-group violence. It sort of came close to that with the smoke-bomb they lit off blowing back in their faces. Really it's a horrible disgrace that we have fighting in the streets over politics, anywhere in the country.

In a way I think this also ties back somewhat to the topics in the John Michael Greer et. al. panel that I just posted in a different thread - ie. the breakdown of neoliberalism and the salaried class stepping on the heads of the working class as the west goes through the beginning of the long process of cultural deterioration where empires move into the dustbin of history. That sense of hopelessness IMHO may very well be part of what's fueling this; the post modernists and SJW seeming to be at war with mother nature itself and calling her a racist, sexist, etc.. bigot (you might as well fight a wall) and trying to haggle down biology and evolution while the working class is increasingly moving to the right both from watching the left's recent behavior and also realizing that their ability to financially take care of their families financially is sliding further and further downhill. People's fantasies seem to be collapsing and people tend to hold on to their fantasies as obstinately as they'd hold to a religious dogma. If it's true that peak energy for the US and perhaps other western powers as well was in 1970 and and that it's been in decline ever since that might very well mean that we can print as much money as we want, shoot the DOW up to 50,000 on the backs of balloon animals if we want to get that solipsistic, and it won't make a difference because it's a fantasy that's increasingly untethered to any real physical goods.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 7:05 pm

It is almost as if as they are jealous of not being at Berkeley 50 years ago when it was the student protest capital of America and are trying to recreate it. Note to these later day new left wannabees, in the 60's it was called the "free speech" movement, 2nd acts are usually not good as the first, they had the Berkeley Barb (sense of humor with their leftiness), better music and drugs.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 11:26 am

It seems 4Chan has uncovered at least a couple of educators at the protests, one who smashes a dude over the head with a bike lock leaving him bloody, and another who was on the attack at an earlier incident and was spotted right next to the dude I first mentioned.

"Behold the power of weaponised autism."

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 11:43 am

^Three cheers for the "antifa" hunters and their weaponized autism. Eric Clanton should be in jail for a long time for this violent assault.

There Are Four Lights!

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 12:54 pm

This is an example of an Overton Window. The left is trying to normalize this type of behavior in order to make it so even more radical behavior can ultimately be normalized. Right now, these kinds of riots are considered fringe and radical, but as they become more normalized, that view will change. In a few years, going to the houses of conservatives and vandalizing/disrupting their lives will have the same view as these riots do and ultimately that will become normalized.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 1:56 pm

Bataar wrote:
This is an example of an Overton Window. The left is trying to normalize this type of behavior in order to make it so even more radical behavior can ultimately be normalized. Right now, these kinds of riots are considered fringe and radical, but as they become more normalized, that view will change. In a few years, going to the houses of conservatives and vandalizing/disrupting their lives will have the same view as these riots do and ultimately that will become normalized.

This is *exactly* correct. The Left is always seeking to normalize leftist violence and censorship -- that's the entire motivation behind political correctness, to move the Overton Window so far to the left that people won't even be allowed to *talk* about alternatives. And that is why Trump made and continues to make the Left go insane: because he smashed the Overton Window and refused to bend to political correctness.

There Are Four Lights!

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 2:47 pm

Antifa talking to each other after Berkeley:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Anarchism/comm ... nflict_in/

Interesting.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 3:39 pm

Antifa are basically militant marxists though some are anarchist, but most would want to rule by illiberal views.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Apr 2017, 4:51 pm

There is a tolerance in Berkeley for violent leftists, their police force stands down when faced with Antifa as directed by their loon mayor. How about any students taking part in violence to shut down other's free speech get expelled?

Idiots who promoted this 'punch a nazi' meme they had going thinking that made them look tough and to intimidate their opponents either are ignorant or don't care about the damage they are doing this country and even their own cause. As I said before when you normalize this kind of political violence on your side then soon enough it will become normalized on the other, if Berkeley tolerates violence from Antifa then it will be met eventually by violence from their opponents. I really don't think the police are all that enthusiastic about protecting Antifa so they really should be careful about what bear they decide to poke because I don't think these radical LARPers are prepared to face off against real militia and other right leaning groups. They already got a little taste of their own medicine, they're going to destroy themselves from paranoia now. Rumor is that Ann Coulter is hiring Academi(formerly Blackwater) as her private security detail which is scaring all these wannabe anarchists. These Antifa aren't soldiers and if they want to pretend to be then lets see what happens when they meet real ones, I'm going to guess they're going to turn tail and run.

parabasis
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Apr 2017, 5:04 pm

Jacoby wrote:
There is a tolerance in Berkeley for violent leftists, their police force stands down when faced with Antifa as directed by their loon mayor. How about any students taking part in violence to shut down other's free speech get expelled?

Idiots who promoted this 'punch a nazi' meme they had going thinking that made them look tough and to intimidate their opponents either are ignorant or don't care about the damage they are doing this country and even their own cause. As I said before when you normalize this kind of political violence on your side then soon enough it will become normalized on the other, if Berkeley tolerates violence from Antifa then it will be met eventually by violence from their opponents. I really don't think the police are all that enthusiastic about protecting Antifa so they really should be careful about what bear they decide to poke because I don't think these radical LARPers are prepared to face off against real militia and other right leaning groups. They already got a little taste of their own medicine, they're going to destroy themselves from paranoia now. Rumor is that Ann Coulter is hiring Academi(formerly Blackwater) as her private security detail which is scaring all these wannabe anarchists. These Antifa aren't soldiers and if they want to pretend to be then lets see what happens when they meet real ones, I'm going to guess they're going to turn tail and run.

Your president appointed a former KKK member as attorney general. It doesn't get more violent than the KKK. 'Nuff said.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 5:18 pm

parabasis wrote:
Your president appointed a former KKK member as attorney general. It doesn't get more violent than the KKK. 'Nuff said.

I believe you're mistaken. Democrat senator Robert Byrd, the longest-serving senator in the history of the Democratic Party, founded a Klan chapter in his home state of West Virginia and served as Exalted Cyclops, but he was never appointed US Attorney General.

There Are Four Lights!

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 5:23 pm

parabasis wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

You're extremely confused. Sessions prosecuted KKK members.