Why do all white males get judged for privilege?

Page 2 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 4:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
And yet it's non-white drivers being stopped all the time.

White people get pulled over all the time and sometimes get shot, in fact more so then blacks... You just don't hear about them on the news; because no one cares.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 1:10 am

SH90 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

White people get pulled over all the time and sometimes get shot, in fact more so then blacks... You just don't hear about them on the news; because no one cares.

Percentage wise, black killing-by-cop is more numerous.
And nobody cares about whites being killed by cops? Sure, I'll give you that, but even fewer cared about the number of blacks killed.

Romansky123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jan 2018, 6:57 am

I would say its because of generalizing

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 5:26 pm

hobojungle wrote:
sly279 wrote:
How many blacks in the north west are harassed? I’ve never heard of any.

This is such BS.

In modern times? How so? I’ve Nber heard or seen any stories about it? All th stories I se are from California or southern or eastern states.
So how can you tell me I’m bulshit without being me.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 5:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
SH90 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And nobody cares about whites being killed by cops? Sure, I'll give you that, but even fewer cared about the number of blacks killed.

Yeah that’s why any black getting shot by a cop even if there’s clear evidence he black person caused it becomes national news and has violent protests, all because few people care. People protest in Portland over a incident that happen in southern state. Seems lots of people care.

According to he liberal Washington post. 446 non white people were killed by cops in 2017 , while 457 white people were. Of the 446, 223 were black. Nearly half as many black people are killed by cops as white people it seems. This from again a left leaning liberal anti cop news source. Songiven twice a season many whites are kille how is black killed by cops higher percentage wise? Numbers are similar in both 2016 and 2015.
Also around 250 each year killed by cops have a mental illness. Similar to the blacks killed. Where’s the protests for them? Guess we aspies are just as likely to be killed by a cop as black people. Are we still privileged?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2017/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2016/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... shootings/

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 6:46 pm

sly279 wrote:
hobojungle wrote:
sly279 wrote:

This is such BS.

In modern times? How so? I’ve Nber heard or seen any stories about it? All th stories I se are from California or southern or eastern states.

Where do you get your news?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 7:02 pm

hobojungle wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hobojungle wrote:
sly279 wrote:

This is such BS.

Yahoo., cnn, fox ness Washington post, New York Times, la times, nbnc, YouTube, bunch others too. Apple has an app that pulls news from all the sources. What stories have you heard from Oregon or washing about blacks being harassed by cops?
I see some from California or southern stats or the two cases in New York.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 7:52 pm

sly279 wrote:
hobojungle wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hobojungle wrote:
sly279 wrote:

This is such BS.

Yahoo., cnn, fox ness Washington post, New York Times, la times, nbnc, YouTube, bunch others too. Apple has an app that pulls news from all the sources. What stories have you heard from Oregon or washing about blacks being harassed by cops?

I’d be careful with internet news. Not surprised you list Fox News, but the others surprised me considering some of your opinions. Do you read the Register Guard?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 7:54 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
SH90 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yeah that’s why any black getting shot by a cop even if there’s clear evidence he black person caused it becomes national news and has violent protests, all because few people care. People protest in Portland over a incident that happen in southern state. Seems lots of people care.

According to he liberal Washington post. 446 non white people were killed by cops in 2017 , while 457 white people were. Of the 446, 223 were black. Nearly half as many black people are killed by cops as white people it seems. This from again a left leaning liberal anti cop news source. Songiven twice a season many whites are kille how is black killed by cops higher percentage wise? Numbers are similar in both 2016 and 2015.
Also around 250 each year killed by cops have a mental illness. Similar to the blacks killed. Where’s the protests for them? Guess we aspies are just as likely to be killed by a cop as black people. Are we still privileged?

No one's saying every black person shot by police was an innocent victim. That said, more than enough whites in similar circumstances of being law breakers are not shot, no matter how belligerent they behave.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 1:54 am

hobojungle wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hobojungle wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hobojungle wrote:
sly279 wrote:

This is such BS.

I’d be careful with internet news. Not surprised you list Fox News, but the others surprised me considering some of your opinions. Do you read the Register Guard?

I seek stories from as many news sources as I can. Any can be Baiased only but finding the same story on many polar opposites can yiu be somewhat sure it’s accurate

No as I can’t pay for it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 1:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
SH90 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No one's saying every black person shot by police was an innocent victim. That said, more than enough whites in similar circumstances of being law breakers are not shot, no matter how belligerent they behave.

Twice as many whites are shot then black people. So how in the world do you come to that conclusion.

Data shows more whites killed then blacks.
Yet yiu say it’s the opposite that more blacks are killed then whites. 0.o I didn’t think you were that biased. data shows twice as many whites are killed aka shot by cops, which blows up you whole more blacks are killed by cops then whites. And being from the source it is it’s probably biased so I wouldn’t be surprised if even more whites are killed then blacks then what they show. I’d thought they’d rigged it to show the opposite.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 2:26 am

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
SH90 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Twice as many whites are shot then black people. So how in the world do you come to that conclusion.

Yet yiu say it’s the opposite that more blacks are killed then whites. 0.o I didn’t think you were that biased. data shows twice as many whites are killed aka shot by cops, which blows up you whole more blacks are killed by cops then whites. And being from the source it is it’s probably biased so I wouldn’t be surprised if even more whites are killed then blacks then what they show. I’d thought they’d rigged it to show the opposite.

Again, it's the percentage of blacks killed by cops, in regard to their smaller population numbers compared to the white population. Taking that into consideration, numbers of blacks killed by cops are greater than those of whites.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 9:53 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Again, it's the percentage of blacks killed by cops, in regard to their smaller population numbers compared to the white population. Taking that into consideration, numbers of blacks killed by cops are greater than those of whites.

Behold the madness of the Cult of Progress, wherein you're considered privileged because you're marginally less likely to be arbitrarily executed by an agent of The State due a correlation (and unproven and unexplained causation) between statistics and melanin levels.

If that's your go-to justification for holding racist beliefs, I suggest it's time you re-examine your ideology.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 11:12 am

adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Behold the madness of the Cult of Progress, wherein you're considered privileged because you're marginally less likely to be arbitrarily executed by an agent of The State due a correlation (and unproven and unexplained causation) between statistics and melanin levels.

If that's your go-to justification for holding racist beliefs, I suggest it's time you re-examine your ideology.

What racist beliefs? That I simply pointed out that percentage wise, more blacks are killed by cops than whites?
By the way, I am a white guy, so...
And what's your argument? That too much attention is payed to blacks being shot by the police?
By the way, the only political cult these days is the cult of the orange orangutan.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 11:42 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
What racist beliefs?

We'll start with the belief that white people are born into original sin. Or, absent hyperbole, we can go with the long-established definition of racism:

"A belief that one’s own racial or ethnic group is superior, or that other such groups represent a threat to one's cultural identity, racial integrity, or economic well-being; (also) a belief that the members of different racial or ethnic groups possess specific characteristics, abilities, or qualities, which can be compared and evaluated."

"White privilege" is a racist concept. Period.

Quote:
That I simply pointed out that percentage wise, more blacks are killed by cops than whites?

As an argument in support of "white privilege".

Quote:
By the way, I am a white guy, so...

"By the way, I have a black friend, so..."

Yes, you can be racist against your own race.

Quote:
And what's your argument? That too much attention is payed to blacks being shot by the police?

If you can't discern what my argument is, perhaps you should take longer to gather your thoughts prior to posting.

Quote:
By the way, the only political cult these days is the cult of the orange orangutan.

"My in-group is pure! It's my out-group you need to look out for! They're all wrong-uns!"

If you seriously believe you belong to a special ideological demographic that's immune to being swept up in the wake of a personality cult, you're potentially far more dangerous than any Trump supporter, including (perhaps especially) the ultra-minority of actual white supremacists who rightly encounter near universal scorn from virtually everyone who is not a white supremacist (i.e. virtually everyone).

Infantile identity politics played a huge role in Trump's rise to power. It's way past time everyone grew up and recognised this.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 6:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
SH90 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

0.000559% for blacks
0.000196% of whites
0.033333% of being struck by lighting.
We are far more likely to be stricken by lighting but most people don’t worry about it.
So as a black person they 0.000363% more likely to be shot by a cop. It’s not a whole lot more likely.

We aren’t even talking about 1% here