Page 2 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 6:06 pm

His basis for his eugenic ideas was the faulty notion of an "Aryan" race that is superior to all others. He also appropriated Nietzsche and his concept of the "Superman."

He also wanted to have less people so his "nation" could have more "living space." This was his stated reason for his expansionism.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 6:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
His basis for his eugenic ideas was the faulty notion of an "Aryan" race that is superior to all others. He also appropriated Nietzsche and his concept of the "Superman."

He also wanted to have less people so his "nation" could have more "living space." This was his stated reason for his expansionism.

That is how he built upon it, beyond america's targeting of the disabled. But as you can see, eugenics toward the disabled was an idea he got from america. Many of the books and ideas he based his ideas of a perfect race on were also american. America had a lot of people who believed in such things before ww2.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 6:45 pm

Trust me....he got his eugenics ideas from many other sources than America.

Why are you so upset with the United States in particular?

I suppose, like any nation, the United States has "skeletons in the closet." It's not perfect.

But many nations of the world do far worse things than what the United States does.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 7:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trust me....he got his eugenics ideas from many other sources than America.

Why are you so upset with the United States in particular?

I suppose, like any nation, the United States has "skeletons in the closet." It's not perfect.

But many nations of the world do far worse things than what the United States does.

It's complicated. I've always kind of blamed America for my father's death, and I was traumatized by my school experience (and am not the only one I know who was). Those are likely factors.

I've always questioned anything someone tried to push on me, and I have ODD. Because school got me in trouble for refusing to stand for the flag when I first started it almost purely out of ODD, and then that developed into a bigger dislike.

I love history, and studying beyond what school teaches shows many issues with America which are commonly brushed off by people.

America always acts like some amazing country and acts better than the others, while forgetting what it has done. I would rather a country that cannot hide behind a false ideal. I have a personal philosophy of seeing my own evil, recognizing it, and striving to be better. America conflicts with this.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 7:55 pm

Being a huge polluter and not willing to do much about it despite having the means

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 7:57 pm

Is there a country which should be held up as a model for the United States to emulate?

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 9:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Is there a country which should be held up as a model for the United States to emulate?

Not one I have found. All countries are filled with evil. As such, emulating a country would just cause us to emulate their flaws. Instead, recognizing our own flaws, and focusing on becoming better instead of:
1. infighting
2. comparing ourselves to others
3. sweeping our issues under the rug
or 4. all of the above

We could chose 5, be aware of our issues and seek to become better, being transparent about it.

I am considering moving to South Africa at some point, because it's service dog laws exist (Even if vague), it's adoption laws are manageable, it's cost of living is low, it's problems are clear on the surface, and gosh darn it, it's pretty. Even if it's racism issues are even worse than America's, poverty is common, and violent crime is a big issue there.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 9:42 pm

Arganger wrote:
I've always kind of blamed America for my father's death,

Your dad died in a war?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 1:25 am

The worship of wealth and the denigration of the impoverished to justify the growing chasm between the rich and poor.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 8:20 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Arganger wrote:
I've always kind of blamed America for my father's death,

Your dad died in a war?

Yes. A terrorist threw a bomb at his vehicle killing him and a few other men.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 1:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The worship of wealth and the denigration of the impoverished to justify the growing chasm between the rich and poor.

Excellent point. But as long as liberalism flourishes as well as it does, you will always have corrupt leftists accumulating wealth at taxpayer expense and "wealth redistribution" while exploiting the poor as a permanent underclass in order to keep themselves in power.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 May 2018, 2:09 pm

LOL What I find funny is a liberal 16 yr-old from (probably Boulder) CO acting as if she actually had any life experience to speak of to back up the "evil America" claims. I have friends from all over the world, and the ONE reason they're here is the conditions elsewhere. It's obvious that the self-proclaimed 16 yr-old "expert" has never actually experienced any of those countries. America has by no means a corner on the "evil" market. In fact, the cities with the highest murder/crime rate are by far have usually been run by liberal Democrats for decades. You know, like Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philly, Chicago, Detroit, LA, Albuquerque NM, etc. Also, she has no ide what atrocities really are. For instance, in Africa and in most muslim nations, people including women and children are slaughtered and/or enslave TO THIS DAY. I have a friend from Kenya, and she was telling us how people over there are killed by lynch mobs by typing them to a pole, putting a tire filled with gasoline around their neck, and being burnt alive.

Could we make America better? Sure. Have there been things done in history that, upon the hindsight that is ALWAYS 20/20, shouldn't have been done? Sure. But for all of that, we STILL pale in comparison to medieval civilizations, the Mayans (anyone want to tear the beating heart out of a human sacrifice?), the Spanish, especially the muslims (to this day even), anything that goes on in S. America and certainly anything that goes on in Africa.

As a college educated (Engineering) Patriot with 53 years of real (often harsh) life experience, my advice to you is if you don't like it here....take your whiny backside and LEAVE.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 3:08 pm

CYCLE_MONKEY wrote:
LOL What I find funny is a liberal 16 yr-old from (probably Boulder) CO acting as if she actually had any life experience to speak of to back up the "evil America" claims. I have friends from all over the world, and the ONE reason they're here is the conditions elsewhere. It's obvious that the self-proclaimed 16 yr-old "expert" has never actually experienced any of those countries. America has by no means a corner on the "evil" market. In fact, the cities with the highest murder/crime rate are by far have usually been run by liberal Democrats for decades. You know, like Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philly, Chicago, Detroit, LA, Albuquerque NM, etc. Also, she has no ide what atrocities really are. For instance, in Africa and in most muslim nations, people including women and children are slaughtered and/or enslave TO THIS DAY. I have a friend from Kenya, and she was telling us how people over there are killed by lynch mobs by typing them to a pole, putting a tire filled with gasoline around their neck, and being burnt alive.

Could we make America better? Sure. Have there been things done in history that, upon the hindsight that is ALWAYS 20/20, shouldn't have been done? Sure. But for all of that, we STILL pale in comparison to medieval civilizations, the Mayans (anyone want to tear the beating heart out of a human sacrifice?), the Spanish, especially the muslims (to this day even), anything that goes on in S. America and certainly anything that goes on in Africa.

As a college educated (Engineering) Patriot with 53 years of real (often harsh) life experience, my advice to you is if you don't like it here....take your whiny backside and LEAVE.

First off, I'm not a liberal. I have extremist views red and blue. I also don't live in boulder, and most of my family are independents or republicans that served in the military.

Second of all, I plan to leave.

Third off all, considering I may of been killed/institutionalized/forcibly sterilized if I was born a few decades before, and school was so awful to me that I for years after middle school couldn't see it without a panic attack(and not being alone in that), America's not that great. Heck, look up the, "American Indian Genocide".

Fourth of all, I don't care about your age in the least.

Fifth of all, what other counties do or don't do doesn't matter here. It doesn't make us any better or worse.

Sixth of all, be polite.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 3:32 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Excellent point. But as long as liberalism flourishes as well as it does, you will always have corrupt leftists accumulating wealth at taxpayer expense and "wealth redistribution" while exploiting the poor as a permanent underclass in order to keep themselves in power.

I think you know I'm talking about the free wheeling capitalist oligarchs who have continuously cut wages and benefits, and sent jobs overseas, leaving millions of Americans in a downward economic slide. Fix this problem, and there won't be as much need for the taxpayers to pay for a social safety net.
By the way, there is absolutely nothing corrupt or wrong with providing the needy with a means to live, even if it is at the expense of the Goddamn taxpayers.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 3:34 pm

CYCLE_MONKEY wrote:

Every nation has a few skeletons in their closet. I’m not out to invalidate a young person’s perspective. But young minds do tend to be easily swayed by parents and more so by teachers. The cult of American academia beyond secondary education doesn’t help, either. So my advice to college-bound hs seniors is to always think for yourself, keep your head down, and regurgitate whatever you have to so you can graduate quickly. The classroom with bully pulpit professor...you can’t really challenge the guy, but if he starts spewing nonsense you can raise your hand and ask how he came to his conclusion. You can force them to explain themselves, which they’re often ill-prepared for, but their main concern is indoctrination. Not you making up your own mind. And that’s why I think the whole university system is a cult.

And that whole cultish aspect of higher education is largely responsible for the misinformation that young people are bombarded with. Has America done some evil things? No doubt. But I also see a lot of conscientious people who are working to improve this nation and steer clear of repeating the mistakes of the past. Maybe we’ll make more mistakes going forward, but all we can do is the best we know how to do.

I’m not going to dwell on past mistakes because doing so isn’t helpful. My ancestors were too poor to own slaves, so I’m not going to answer for that. Even if they did, that’s something I can’t change. So I’ll correct it moving forward by giving EVERYONE the same dignity. You can call me racist for being intentionally colorblind, but I believe fairness to ALL is better than granting ANYONE privilege based on culture. My grandparents and even some of my classmates frequently used racial slurs. Ok...but I DON’T HAVE TO, and I choose not to. If you are going to hate on me because of my culture and skin color, I’m not going to waste my time and life to satisfy some imaginary wrong you feel I’ve committed.

Young people honestly believe a lot of the hate spewing forth from leftist society, and it’s really a shame.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 3:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I think you know I'm talking about the free wheeling capitalist oligarchs who have continuously cut wages and benefits, and sent jobs overseas, leaving millions of Americans in a downward economic slide. Fix this problem, and there won't be as much need for the taxpayers to pay for a social safety net.
By the way, there is absolutely nothing corrupt or wrong with providing the needy with a means to live, even if it is at the expense of the Goddamn taxpayers.

Who are these “free wheeling capitalist oligarchs”? I was talking about leftist lawmakers and the lobbyists who line their pockets to enact tax policies that encourage cronies to move operations overseas while sacrificing jobs. Those policies make doing business in America a burden, so I don’t blame good, honest people for outsourcing. I even considered it myself at one point. And, BTW, EVERYONE outsources something. With new policies in effect, foreign businesses are moving their manufacturing HERE. More jobs. And even our guys are starting to come back home. Big wins for everyone. So...yeah...I tend to blame liberal policies for the problems you mentioned.