white people never viewed other races as equal do you agree

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 6:10 am

I think I do acknowledge that there are issues with race especially within my own American culture but I simply try not to judge somebody because of their skin color, and by that I mean I would treat them the same as I would anybody else based on how they treated me.

I would never treat somebody badly just because of their race, but I also would not put them on a pedestal because of their race either. In my honest opinion that is just as bad too and many "liberals" are guilty of doing just that.

I'll use Japan as an example. I LOVE Japanese culture! I find so many things about the country beautiful and admirable, but that doesn't mean it would be right for me to hold the Japanese people to a higher regard than anybody else in the world (like those annoying weeaboos tend to do...). The Japanese are just as human as Americans or anybody else in the world.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 10:27 am

I basically agree with the statement. Should have been a poll.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 10:39 am

What about the elves?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 10:52 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
What about the elves?

God I hate the elves! They're so snobby!

I feel bad for those poor orcs and goblins. :cry:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 11:44 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
What about the elves?

God I hate the elves! They're so snobby!

I feel bad for those poor orcs and goblins. :cry:

Legolas isn't happy.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 12:47 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I'll use Japan as an example. I LOVE Japanese culture! I find so many things about the country beautiful and admirable, but that doesn't mean it would be right for me to hold the Japanese people to a higher regard than anybody else in the world (like those annoying weeaboos tend to do...). The Japanese are just as human as Americans or anybody else in the world.

The japanese are also very, very racist and unapologetically so.

Also, lots of people that we would see as white today have been considered inferior and unworthy of equal consideration (mostly as a cover for classism). The irish, the slavs, the italians... etc. all historically considered non-white at one point or other.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 1:31 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

The japanese are also very, very racist and unapologetically so.

Also, lots of people that we would see as white today have been considered inferior and unworthy of equal consideration (mostly as a cover for classism). The irish, the slavs, the italians... etc. all historically considered non-white at one point or other.

Yup they're all racist and evil just like everybody else. :D

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 1:53 pm

Didn't say they're evil, even if I don't consider racism to be a good thing. But it's true that they don't have a social taboo against racism, and hafu (biracial japanese), assimilated koreans and non-asian foreigners are routinely treated as intellectually lesser.

Just the other day I read an article by a hafu woman about being biracial in Japan. One of her stories was how she lost a job as a model because a french maid outfit "just doesn't look right" on someone not fully japanese. (apparently they think the french maid outfit is a native japanese thing.)

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 2:17 pm

I think all humans are evil. This world would be a much better place if we all became extinct. I'm starting to hate everybody.

And I think this thread needs to be closed too. Just saying.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 2:19 pm

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 2:54 pm

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 3:14 pm