If it wasn't for fake hate crimes there might be none at all

Page 2 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 4:48 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
If as I highly SUSPECT it turns out he did fake it this is going to cause the untold damage of who knows how many real victims who have been attacked all or in part because of the group they are born into or the attackers thought they belonged to not being believed. It gives validation for people to start threads with titles like this.

Exactly. If it's confirmed as a hoax perpetrated by him, he should be apologizing first and foremost to the groups that he is part of or identifies with. If not, those groups should be demanding an apology from him rather than giving him a pass if that's how it plays out.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 5:29 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Call me crazy but it seems there are way more radical leftists than radical conservatives(A fairly small minority of white supremacists).

That is the impression I have also...
My theory is that those who are left leaning have a greater tendency to be more emotional...regardless of the facts...

And virtue signalling and self righteousness have a direct link to emotional satiation...
In essence, many/most radical leftists seem to be emotion junkies...
Objectivity, rationality and intellectual integrity require much greater discipline...<shrug>

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 5:47 pm

Pepe wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Call me crazy but it seems there are way more radical leftists than radical conservatives(A fairly small minority of white supremacists).

That is the impression I have also...
My theory is that those who are left leaning have a greater tendency to be more emotional...regardless of the facts...

And virtue signalling and self righteousness have a direct link to emotional satiation...
In essence, many/most radical leftists seem to be emotion junkies...
Objectivity, rationality and intellectual integrity require much greater discipline...<shrug>

An interesting report I heard from Tim Pool is..

Democrats are widely separated with difference of opinion yet when asked they feel as if they commonly share the same views. Conservatives share a lot more common grounds, when asked they feel they are very separated. lol.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 6:42 pm

Yup.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 6:57 pm

The Left *really* didn't want this story to be a fraud — they have been desperate to cover it up and censor people exposing it.

August Takala ✔ @RudyTakala
Both @Facebook and @Instagram have been on a roll trying to censor conservative writers this weekend. First they blocked @JenKernsUSA and froze her Instagram account over this column on Jussie Smollett.
1:50 PM - Feb 17, 2019

Jen Kerns @JenKernsUSA
When I simply put the Daily Caller link in my Bio (so I could post “Link in Bio) I noticed it froze my account- Instagram wouldn’t allow me to comment on other pages, & would not allow others to comment on mine. I could not use Instagram again until I removed it. Their message: pic.twitter.com/WE5OOvcwFs

More here: https://pjmedia.com/trending/censored-f ... hate-hoax/

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 9:31 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 9:31 pm

Darmok wrote:

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/statu ... 4159492097

There Are Four Lights!

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 9:46 pm

Journalists reported the story, which is that he reported being attacked. Now you are attacking the media the same way Trump attacks the media. This isn't the American way. The 1st amendment is at least as important as the 2nd, that why they made it first.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 11:25 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 12:03 am

Darmok wrote:

What the left did to Nick Sandmann is unconscionable...
There are many defamation cases being initiated as a result...
Hopefully this will make emotionalists with a political agenda pull their heads in (if they have more than one head)...

It is amazing how so many people jump to conclusions and ignore the process of due diligence...<sigh>
Let us crucify someone...anyone...just so we can satisfy our political leaning and feed our confirmation bias...
And then they try and hide the egg on the face rather than admit their mistake...

Humans...disgusting creatures... :eew:

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 8:37 am

No one I know jumped to conclusions. If true he deserved our sympathy and empathy. For Trump supporters, you might want to look those words up.

Last edited by AspE on 19 Feb 2019, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 9:44 am

Oops! I was mis-informed. My friends in Chicago told me this...

Fnord wrote:
... the truth is starting to come out that Smollett was desperate for publicity, and he thought that by exploiting his race and gayness, he could put his name out there and gain the sympathies of his fans and fellow actors...
Now it's turning out that Mr. Smollett was upset that a previous "hate letter" sent to his employer did not receive the level of attention that he thought it should have received.

(This is aside from the rumor that Mr. Smollett himself may have sent the "hate letter" for reasons unknown.)

Sorry about that. I've instructed my friends to be more careful with the info they give me.

PS: This whole episode has nothing to do with the Right, the Left, or the Media. It has everything to do with one man's butt-hurt over being granted less credibility than he thinks he should have. Ironically, now that his lies have been exposed, whatever little credibility he had has now evaporated. I doubt that Robin Givens or even Oprah Winfrey will touch him now!!

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 10:56 am

Fnord wrote:
PS: This whole episode has nothing to do with the Right, the Left, or the Media. It has everything to do with one man's butt-hurt over being granted less credibility than he thinks he should have. Ironically, now that his lies have been exposed, whatever little credibility he had has now evaporated. I doubt that Robin Givens or even Oprah Winfrey will touch him now!!

It does though. Because there is a demand for a certain type of racism / hate that has exceeded the supply in the media. Thus the way they continually jump on stories like this and give them massive coverage without doing due diligence because they want them to be real and want to push a certain agenda. The coverage is not neutral like it would be for most bad news.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 11:57 am

Drake wrote:
... The coverage is not neutral like it would be for most bad news.
So? We all know this. Maybe you could start your own news-site just to de-bunk politically-slanted news reports.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 1:49 pm

Smollett cut from 'Empire' cast

Smollett’s scenes are being slashed for production on Empire this week. Upcoming episodes have seen serious rewrites in recent days to reduce the increasingly besieged Smollett’s role both in dramatic stints and musical performances. There are no plans right now to make any changes to the remaining episodes of the fifth season of Empire that are already in the can.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave
When first we practise to deceive!

-- Marmion: A Tale of Flodden Field, by Walter Scott (Canto VI, stanza XVII)