Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 7:49 pm

Hey aghogday
thanks for your reply (and thanks to all the others who have replied).

As for numerology, personally i am not big into it. Although i know some still hold great obsessions for numerology and the ancient astrology.

The entire devil worship stuff is really bizarre.
I personally am naturally attracted to light, so i find the antics of all those who are so attracted to the darkness so bizarre.

For me, darkness leads nowhere,
I am more Buddhist in philosophy, so believe that the wealth and power which are sought after by Satanists
are empty or a source of misery as well, as every thing else in this world of illusion.

but the light leads to eternal bliss and peace. Why would anyone want to choose the darkness.
Entry to the bliss is free (just takes lack of attachment)
No magic required.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 9:35 pm

Smiles, i Agree, Thank You..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 9:39 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
Riot at the white house
6th of Jan 2021

The rioters themselves did not choose this date.

January 6 just happens to be the date when, by law, the electoral votes for the U.S. presidency are officially counted.

That's why the Capitol riot occurred on that date. Any significance to the number 6 is purely coincidental.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 9:47 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
The event which occurred in Atlanta on Tuesday, was on the 9th.
9 is know as a Satanic number, because it is 6 up side down.
6 is known as a Satanic number, because it resembles a horned entity.
11 is also known as a Satanic number, as it resembles 2 horns.
20 is known as a Satanic number, because if you divide it by 3, you get 6.666 reoccur plus 6.666 reoccur plus 6.666 reoccur.

The tragedy that occurred on 9/11 I also consider to be this type of incident. Due to having 9 and 11 in the date, but also combined 9 and 11 = 20.

Are you claiming that Al Qaeda was secretly run by "Satanists"?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 11:17 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
As a Satanist

Which branch of Satanism? LaVey (Church of Satan), Satanic Temple, theistic, or something else?

Sweetleaf wrote:
those numbers mean nothing, its just made up nonsense...some satanic themed metal bands still reference it just for fun or satanic artwork but it doesn't actually mean anything.

But yeah the idea satanists are going around ritually abusing people or somehow causing bad events to happen on dates involving so called satanic numbers is false, that is not what satanism is.

Agreed.

Alas the Satanic Ritual Abuse scare conspiracy claims are still very much around....

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 12:50 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
Due to the deceitful nature of any philosophy or religion based on "Satanism" or even old fashion Devil worship.

Wrong assumption here. Please do not assume that Satanists are intrinsically insincere.

madbutnotmad wrote:
I would say that it is fairly plausible to state that practices likely include deceitfulness, which includes....
lying! or perhaps, especially the practice of lying. As how devilish to spread lies, how Satan (if he/she existed)
would be pleased with such behaviour.

Depends how you interpret the mythology.

Re-read the story of Adam and Eve in the book of Genesis and ask yourself: Who is really the liar here? The Serpent (commonly identified with the Devil) or "God"?

From even a mainstream modern perspective, the "God" of the Bible often comes across as a rather abusive character, to say the least. The ancient Ophite Gnostics felt similarly, and (in "Hypostasis of the Archons," and in "The Testimony of Truth" and "The Apocryphon of John") saw the Serpent as a liberator.

Modern Satanists are not, for the most part, Gnostics. However, my point here is that Satanism's basic subversive reinterpretations of Abrahamic mythology are both very old and not unreasonable. Most forms of Satanism, also, do not take the mythology literally but see Satan as a metaphor.

madbutnotmad wrote:
I believe that there has been a strong link between people who practice ritual occult abuse, and the entertainment industry and organised crime (including in politics and the police).

In pop history, there is the legend of selling ones soul to the devil for material success, which people through modern history have used to subject the talented idols to abuse (and set up to take their lives) when they are 27 (2+7=9). The infamous 27 club.

In pop history, it is associated with Robert Johnson and legends after it, periodically.
wikipedia page on the 27 club

On that Wikipedia page itself I found the following: Why the 27 club is a myth: Jimi Hendrix and Amy Winehouse may be members but that doesn't make it real.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 21 Mar 2021, 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 1:36 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
I don't disagree with this. But Madbutnotmad is also making other, more specific claims.

So the rest of what I'd say on that, like what I'd say on synchronicity, is way less popular because it's not reductive materialist.

My point here is not to advocate "reductive materialism" either.

My point here is, very specifically, to oppose today's resurgence of the "Satanic Ritual Abuse" scare and its accompanying grand conspiracy ideology, which I regard as an extreme genocidal danger, not just to Satanists, occultists, and Pagans, but to lots and lots of other people as well.

These days, for example, the QAnon crowd is claiming that all Democrats are Satanic pedophiles. It's pretty obvious where such claims would lead, if their proponents have their way.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 5:40 pm

madbutnotmad posted a link to Geraldo Rivera's infamous show from 1988, Devil Worship: Exposing Satan's Underground.

Below are links to a 10-page debunking, "Fact Check: Exposing Geraldo Riveras Exposing Satans Underground," by Nick Peron:

- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
- Part 5
- Part 6
- Part 7
- Part 8
- Part 9
- Part 10

See also, on the Religious Tolerance website, a page about various Geraldo Rivera shows promoting the Satanic panic back in the late 1980's and early 1990's: Geraldo Rivera: Satanic Ritual Abuse & recovered memories. (Alas that page has lots of annoying ads on it.)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 8:21 pm

Geraldo Rivera ... PFEH! ... he could not hack it as a real reporter covering real news events, so he spent much of his career either exaggerating the significance of news reports, or making up sensationalized stories of his own.

Do you remember Al Capone's Vault?  What a farce!  As far as his "Satanic Ritual Abuse" lies are concerned...

In the 1980s there was a panic regarding SRA -- the "Satanic Panic", as it is now called -- which was largely triggered by a fictional book called Michelle Remembers (1980), written by Michelle Smith and Lawrence Pazder, M.D.  The book was published as fact but has subsequently been shown to be a hoax by at least three independent investigators.   Pazder was Smith's therapist.  Subsequent to their book, they left their respective spouses and married each other.  Michelle never suffered abuse and Pazder knew this.  Her reports of abuse were "the hysterical ravings of an uncontrolled imagination".  Pazder himself coined the expression "ritual abuse", and he takes credit for contributing greatly to one of the largest witch-hunts in recent history.

No hard evidence of Satanic Ritual Abuse in North America has ever been found, only anecdotal "evidence -- rumors, speculations, and innuendous questions.  Nevertheless, the allegations were widely publicized on radio and television talk shows, especially on Geraldo Rivera's show, and these allegations were accepted by his gullible audience as de facto evidence.

Of the many talk show hosts -- including Phil Donahue, Geraldo Rivera, Oprah Winfrey, and Sally Jesse Raphael -- who have featured episodes which dealt with allegations of Satanic Ritual Abuse (SRA) and discussions of memories formed during Recovered Memory Therapy, Geraldo is stands out, because his programs had the greatest influence over public opinion.  He was a showman who knew how to lead people along on his "investigations" to his foregone conclusions, only to fail in delivering on his empty promises.

At least he eventually confessed and issued a retraction and an apology for the damage that his programs had done to innocent people.

A more accurate estimate of Satanic activity in the US includes:

• 10,000 adult members of religious Satanic churches, temples and grottoes.

• 10,000 adult solitary practitioners of Satanism.

• probably in excess of 100,000 transitory teenage dabblers in Satanism.

There is no evidence that any adult Satanist has committed a criminal act related to his religious belief.  However, teen-aged dabblers have been shown to engage in minor crimes.  These include defacing buildings and tombstones with graffiti, harassing neighbors with "spooky" noises and chanting, and leaving candles burning at crossroads.

People are too easily fooled, and the easiest people to be fooled are themselves.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 7:11 am

Fnord wrote:
There is no evidence that any adult Satanist has committed a criminal act related to his religious belief.

Unfortunately this is a bit of an over-generalization. It is certainly true that the vast majority of adult Satanists do not commit criminal acts related to their religious belief. However, alas, there do exist some groups, like the Order of the Nine Angles, that do encourage violent criminal activity. (See, for example, this news story.) But even the ONA doesn't resemble the SRA mythos, and there's no evidence of a massive conspiracy of the kind envisioned by SRA scaremongers.

Fnord wrote:
However, teen-aged dabblers have been shown to engage in minor crimes.

This too is an over-generalization, in the other direction. There are plenty of "teen-aged dabblers" who aren't criminals either.

For more about Satanism, please see my post here.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 2:07 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
Just to note, I have read up on the Church of Satan, which I understand is portrayed by its members as nothing like good old fashioned devil worship or satanism, as it's teachings do not instruct people to ritually abuse their victims,
and there are no rituals...

apart from
Satanic Rituals: Companion to the "Satanic Bible"

While the Church of Satan no longer conducts official rituals as it did during its first decade (1966 to 1975 CE), its members can optionally perform rituals, of which the rationale is discussed here (in the FAQ on the Church of Satan's website).

Regarding the other book you mentioned:

madbutnotmad wrote:

The author, Marie RavenSoul, is not a member of the Church of Satan. She is a theistic Satanist. Her beliefs are summed up here.

I used to know her online for a little while back in the early 2000's. As far as I know, she is not a criminal of any kind.

madbutnotmad wrote:
Systems of abuse are not new, are were not invented by heavy metal bands, not even invented by Anton LaVey,
if you read up on the history of Europe, you will discover developments such as the Hell Fire Club.
A club run by white privileged power elite, including members of the Church of England
who frequented the club, for debauchery and ritual "magic" practice.

Aleister Crowley and Benjamin Franklin also frequented the caves where the club was held.

The "Hellfire clubs" were an eighteenth-century phenomenon. (See Wikipedia and BBC (2016) articles.) Aleister Crowley was born much too late to be involved in the "Hellfire Clubs" -- and also died much too soon to have ever visited NYC's BDSM club of that name that existed in the 1980's and 1990's. (The latter club, by the way, had a strong ethic of consensuality -- not a scene of the kinds of abuses that are said to have occurred in the 1700's "Hellfire clubs".)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2021, 10:20 am

From 'Our Friend Merriam-Webster'

Definition of Satan
1 : the angel who in Jewish belief is commanded by God
to tempt humans to sin, to accuse the sinners, and to carry out God's punishment

2 : the rebellious angel who in Christian belief is the adversary of God and lord of evil

First of All, to Determine Who God is, One must
Decide Which One God is; An All Forgiving Version
That Turns The Other Cheek And Loves The Enemy

Same

As

Self
(Note: Dead
Give-Away-Clue)

Yes, The One That Like Dr.
Jekyll And Mr. 'Hide' Turns

Right Around Out of the

'Beatitudes of Matthew'

And TransformS iNto

The ULTiMaTE Un-Forgiver

Changing Meanie, X-Loyal,

Loving Sheep, into Goats and

Burning Them Forever, Eternally

Torturing Them in Ever Lasting

Misery And Suffering For Not Feeding

And Clothing And Giving Free Health Care

to the Immigrant Wanting To Escape Harm

Over A Southern Border of A Country Just Like

Ours Still Now; Okay, That Story's All F'ed Up; What

Do Ya Expect With a Hodge Podge of Script All Taped

Together from Innumerable Ghost Authors As Such, Greek

Writing Romans Too, Selectively Choosing And Changing

Innumerable Sects of Oral Traditions Long Decades After the

Illiterate Little Brown Dude Jesus Never Wrote a Word in the First

Place; Yet Sure, Like Many Others, Could Have Been Tortured on a Cross;

Yet only as Long as Three Days Max Then As Even Tortured Folks on Crosses

Get the Benefit and Blessing of Death to Escape Misery and Suffering; How About

A God Infinitely More Non-Forgiving That That; Yes How About the Definition

of Satan;

That

God

The Bad Cop Foe

Mr. Hyde Version

Beyond Jack The Ripper

Archetype; That God Devil Still

Makes as Foe and Satan Real of

All Forgiving Turning the Other Cheek

Loving Yourself as Enemy As Jesus Christ is

Both

Lover

And Foe

By Story

of Forever

Forgiving True

Yes, Yes, Just Human

With Extremes of Good and

Bad Moods too, to the Very Extreme

of Torturing Folks Who Do Not Agree

Or Don't Hate Their Parents And Follow Your

Cult of Personality Now, Leaving Old Friends and

Family Behind As If they Never Existed at all as this is the

Same Essence of Q-Anon Conspiracy Theories today And Lots

of what We See on Faux News By Charge of Foe Roger Murdock

And All His Trump Demagogue Cult Of Personality 'Lovers' True in Dark too...

It's True though

Lost Cause

Without

Minions to Follow

Despicable Lying Leaders

In 'Father oF ALL Lies' Ways to Control

Subjugate And Dominate Others Demanding

Unfailing Worship; Not Daring to Criticize Either; All

The Opposite of, YeS Anti-to-Agape-Love For All Now

Just

Doesn't

Meet the

Taste and

Smell Taste of True Love

Like Changing Human Sheep into

Goats And Burning them Forever or

Slicing And Dicing Raped Concubine

Parts and Serving them to 12 Tribes

To Make a Point While Raped Concubine

Begs for Mercy Just to Breathe; True, We

Don't Need

Any

More

Devils

And Satans

And Demons in the

World that Suggest Behavior

of All Natural Gay Folks Is Sin

While Dishing Out All this Fresh Hell

Out of a Book That Already Proves Evil is Still Alive and Real in the World,

Today, Masked With Words That Pretend to Be Love Like God and Jesus too

With an Ultimate Agenda Masked to Subjugate, Master, And Control Dominating

In Ways that at Core Always Seem Centered Around Reproductive Control,

Just so A

Woman

Won't

Be Able

To Pick and

Choose the Best

Mate for Her Now

or when the Current

Relationship Doesn't Work

Out With Ownership Papers or Not...

Human is Very Neuroplastic, With Dark to

Light Epigenetic Potential to Be Unpacked...

Ever See A Soft Recruit Come Back as A Hardened

Soldier to Kill Another Human Enemy Without Hesitation;

Yes, True, Humans Will Be Cold Hearted Killers and Lovers True;

Or Perhaps The Both

In One Lifetime

too as Ya

Don't Get

to Kill All Your

Enemies when not in

War as 'Community Rules Approved'...

In Some Countries, Women Relish the Social

Esteem of their Pleasure Organs Mutilated to

Never Feel Pleasure that way again; Just Because

Someone told 'em it is so; And they are Accepted

For Enduring Torture that way; Is the Christian Church

Different;

If You
Are Gay,

Hell No;

Understand

How it is the Same;

Hell No; Ignorance is the

Real Devil and Evil and the Current

So-Called 'Church of Satan' That Basically

Can't Stand That Obvious Ignorance And Hypocrisy

Judges, Parodies it As That is A Best Way to Protest Evil;

Use Wit

And

Continue

to Survive

And Thrive;

Remember on

Easter; Real Bugs Bunny

Is too Smart to Get Crucified for Doing Good...

The Greatest Evil is still Part of the Church (The Tradition);

The Greatest Good That Gives to the Poor is still Part of the Church (The Tradition);

Go Figure; The Tradition Reflects Human Nature; Go Figure, Duh, Humans Create

'God' the Trademark Word Among so Many Unlimited Other Metaphors Poetically

And The Church

And All the Teachings

in Their Own Image of CuLTuRE;

Meanwhile, the Naked Part of US

Without CuLTuRE Still Reflects the

UNiVeRSE Whole and More 'God Move And Repose'

HuMaN CuLTuRES CReATinG Beyond iNFiNiTY the

Part that Mathematics Has no Clue to

Measure Our iMaGiNaTioN

Our Creativity And Yes

Essence oF LoVE

DarK Thru

LiGHT

Beyond

Means

No Holds

Barred; All that Humans

Will Dream Up and Imagine

And Create More; Nightmares or

Dreams the Same; People Continue

To Worship Pain and Pleasure the Same...

Some of us are capable of More and Protest

in Ways So Deep; Shallow Will Never See at all;

Those Who Do Will Unplug And Set Themselves Free;

This Archetype;

This 'Rage

Against

The Machine'

Is Nothing New

Under A Sun, PRiSoN and FREE SaME,

What Remains is the Rule of Change And

Karma Balance That Survives And Thrives;

AS Humanity Groups, Story Rules;

'Write Your Own', Never

Be A Slave to Someone

Else's

Story Again;

At Least in a Country

DeSiGNeD for the Potential

of Liberty to the Extreme of Free;

This Country, This Freedom i Actually For one (me) Do;

i Write my

Own Story';

The Other

Stories Can

And Will Go to
Hell Now if they Wanna...

Feathers Float, Some Rise,

Some Fall, Winds be Come Now...

Free LoVinG iT All

NoW

DarK
Thru
LiGHT Beyond

All of What 'Science'

Will Never Ever Measure;

At Least Not WitH A Tool

As Small As A 5 Step Method; hehe...

"What's

Up Doc,"

"Bugs Bunny"

THReADS ALL OVeR

'Chaos MaGiC' Rabbit WHoLES More;

Meanwhile, 'Elmer Fudds' Still Rule 'Faux

News' With a K of DarK MaGiC More

Just Another Way Dark

Demagogues

Veil

With

DarK IGNoRaNCE

To Subjugate, Control,

And Dominate Others; Not

Withstanding Harm, Rape,

Maiming, And Killing

And Stuff

Half A MiLLioN

Pandemic Deaths

That Were Not Necessary in Those NumBeRS

If True Evil Still Does Not Rule in Ignorance then...

3,000 Plus People Died A Day; Much of it was Preventable,

Then Leaving Ignorance And Lies Behind; 10 People Were

Killed Singularly By 'Similar Demagoguery' Yesterday More Likely

It Seems; What's the Difference; one Set of Murders Hidden Mostly From View...

Yet, Ironically

Left Unmasked;

Ignorance Plain

To See IN Public For All...

Oh Human, Oh Human,

Oh Sad 'Little HumanS' iGNoRaNCE

True Evil that Harms, Rapes, Maims, Kills Most, indeed...

Folks With Asperger's Syndrome Tend to Be More Outcast From

The 'Group Think' oF iGNoRaNCE That Part of Visiting 'Here' Like Heaven too...

Yet of

Course,

People are

Alike ALL OVeR...

Change is the Rule...

Balance We Seek And Find,

All-In-All in Balance, We Survive And Actually Thrive...

Nah, i Don't 'Rage Against the Machine'; i Fly Over the 'Cuckoo's Nest' in Balance And Thrive

At Least in the United States Still Now This is Possible; Make No Mistake, in Some Countries

It is Practically

Impossible;

And In

Most Jobs
Too for Pay...

Unplugging, Challenge

oF A Lifetime for Any Human

Actually To Discard All the Heavy Weighted Gravity Filled

Clothes And Tools of CuLTuRE to Finally FLY iN Balance Free...

A Golden

Age For

Real

With

No 'Heavy Metals'...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2021, 3:23 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
madbutnotmad wrote:
The event which occurred in Atlanta on Tuesday, was on the 9th.
9 is know as a Satanic number, because it is 6 up side down.
6 is known as a Satanic number, because it resembles a horned entity.
11 is also known as a Satanic number, as it resembles 2 horns.
20 is known as a Satanic number, because if you divide it by 3, you get 6.666 reoccur plus 6.666 reoccur plus 6.666 reoccur.

The tragedy that occurred on 9/11 I also consider to be this type of incident. Due to having 9 and 11 in the date, but also combined 9 and 11 = 20.

Are you claiming that Al Qaeda was secretly run by "Satanists"?

I am not saying Al Qaeda are satanists, however, I would say that somewhere along the line
those who committed the crimes where manipulated or provoked into committing the crimes on that exact day,
there may have been sleeper agents who infiltrated Al Qaeda who put the ideas in the heads of the crazzies,
I believe some really are that powerful and wealthy.

There are those, such as Steve Bannon, who have the intelligence and the financial resources, as well as the devious
intent, in order to orchestrate such a horrific ordeal. If you read up on Steve Bannon, you will also find out that he used to work in the Twin towers, is a ww2 military strategy fanatic, prescribes to a questionable belief system, had a good understanding as to what impact such a terrorist event would have on the economy (he was prior a hedge fund expert).

He also is someone who i regard as highly manipulative and socio-pathic. Good person to be President Trumps right hand man (or was he really the man in the background that pulled all the strings).

A lot of reality happens behind closed doors
covert to what the public see and are told

The satanic thing has been going on in politics/business/entertainment for many many years.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2021, 3:35 pm

Just out of interest.
If you guys were wandering why 9 and 11. I believe i explained that 9 was 6 upside down.
So 9 is an inverted 6. Which to some makes it more evil.
11 is the twin horned god.

If you want more references, take a look at the Church of Satan, and see how they revere such Satanic numerology

The "Church's" basic tenants are as established as follows:

The Church of Satan proclaims there are 11 Satanic rules of Earth.
The Church of Satan's 9 Satanic Statements
The Church of Satan's 9 Satanic Sins

LaVeyan Satanism

I believe the number 6 also is held in high regard, as is the combination of 666. ho hum...

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2021, 3:48 pm

For Mona Pereth
Aleister Crowley and Benjamin Franklin also frequented the caves in High Wycombe.
I have been to High Wycombe although i wasn't visiting there in order to visit the infamous caves.

Apparently Crowley did frequent the caves, as did Benjamin Franklin, at one point.
Due to being involved in one of the "clubs" which likely were developments or off shoots of the original
hell fire club. aka Sir Francis Dashwood's Order of the Friars of St. Francis of Wycombe

I have read a few books on Crowley, and from my knowledge of the clubs, yes, i would imagine he would
enjoy or even revel in the aristocratic hypocrisy, like many of such a privileged background.

What I always found extremely ironic about Crowley in particular, is that for all his "magic/k"
which he spent his life involved in and writing books on, he died a poor man addicted to heroin.
Well you could have done that coming from a poor background!... and plenty have R.I.P.

Born into aristocratic privilege and riches, to be the most iconic figure in the occult revival of the 20th / 21st century,
to die a poor drug riddled wretch. Well, a life of magic/k that is supposed to bring you material success,
didn't do him much good. Think Anton LaVey sounded like he had a better run for his money.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2021, 3:56 pm

Satanic Rituals: Companion to the "Satanic Bible" Mass Market Paperback – 1 July 1998

Another for Mona Pereth.
I note that Anton LaVey is the accredited author, although this, as you mentioned may not be correct.
I do not that the book was released onto the market in July 98, which is after Anton LaVey's death.

I am not an expert on Church of Satan so i can not say what is what from an experts perspective.
I would assume that the book was authored by LaVey, as I would have imagined that his daughter would have sued
if it was unofficial use of his name.

But, i guess this is Satanism, not an area that i have a great deal of expertise in apart from being subjected to abuse at the hands of local morons, who may or may not be into Church of Satan. Perhaps they don't.

I am in the process of educating myself.