Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 8:52 pm

aaaaand I take everything back I said about Trialsite news.

it's a website that seems to msinly focus on criticizing covid vaccines, related research, and lists Robert Malone as Advisor.

edit: this website is actually full on tin foil hattery. There's some reports on the blood clots that have been reported in some cases being actually very prevalent, caused by graphene in the vaccines, and "because all of them [i.e., the covid vaccines, regardless of type] make people magnetic. and given that no material causes magnetism as graphene does - and not only magnetism, but energy condensation and superconductivity - we dare to say, extrapolatw and infer that it's the same material: grapheme oxide, which has been added to all of them"

this website, under the Advispry of Dr.Malone, claims that Covid Vaccines make people magnetic and superconducting.
no more questions.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:58 am

shlaifu wrote:
yeah, I don't know what to do with this.
I listen to the lengthy podcast episodes with Germany's prime epidemiology researcher on public radio - he has no profit incentive, doesn't claim to have invented anything, and undeterredly elaborates on the validity and quality of research that listeners and the interviewers ask him to comment on. I don't know what else to do, lacking the education in epidemiology, virology, genetics and vaccine-research, let alone the funding, to "conduct my own research".

And this goes back to one of the areas where I'd solidly side with Eric - that we have a professional class whose behaving like stereotypical auto mechanics and lawyers, ie. if you don't already know most of what they know you've figuratively walked into that interaction wearing lipstick, to which you need to create your own redundancy of expertise in order not to get taken for a ride and it seems like they're depending on people's incapacity to do exactly that as part of a power game.

This is where I can *maybe* see where Bret got taken in with this, ie. as an evolutionary biologist whose noticed that the one thing completely pervasive in our culture that gets ignored or remains unspoken is the gene-war component, that he's effectively beaten that drum (whether in his 'Personal Responsibility Trap' TED lecture seven or eight years ago talking about principled vs ruthless corporate success or discussing 'transfer frontier' such as colonialism in other lectures), I do wonder if he's got the Machiavelli glasses a bit too tight to his face. One of the things Yuri really pressed in his interview with David Fuller at Rebel Wisdom - you really shouldn't pay attention to people's track records, that every moment pretty much anyone could make a huge mistake and momentum really tells you nothing. I don't know if I can go quite as far as Yuri with that - ie. if someone shows great capacity for self-checking as well as admitting when they're wrong, coming around to conclusions that they either didn't want to believe or which don't sit well with their theories, it's a sign that you can give them a 'bit' more grace but at the same time there have to be tight parameters on that grace apparently.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:16 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
yeah, I don't know what to do with this.
I listen to the lengthy podcast episodes with Germany's prime epidemiology researcher on public radio - he has no profit incentive, doesn't claim to have invented anything, and undeterredly elaborates on the validity and quality of research that listeners and the interviewers ask him to comment on. I don't know what else to do, lacking the education in epidemiology, virology, genetics and vaccine-research, let alone the funding, to "conduct my own research".

And this goes back to one of the areas where I'd solidly side with Eric - that we have a professional class whose behaving like stereotypical auto mechanics and lawyers, ie. if you don't already know most of what they know you've figuratively walked into that interaction wearing lipstick, to which you need to create your own redundancy of expertise in order not to get taken for a ride and it seems like they're depending on people's incapacity to do exactly that as part of a power game.

This is where I can *maybe* see where Bret got taken in with this, ie. as an evolutionary biologist whose noticed that the one thing completely pervasive in our culture that gets ignored or remains unspoken is the gene-war component, that he's effectively beaten that drum (whether in his 'Personal Responsibility Trap' TED lecture seven or eight years ago talking about principled vs ruthless corporate success or discussing 'transfer frontier' such as colonialism in other lectures), I do wonder if he's got the Machiavelli glasses a bit too tight to his face. One of the things Yuri really pressed in his interview with David Fuller at Rebel Wisdom - you really shouldn't pay attention to people's track records, that every moment pretty much anyone could make a huge mistake and momentum really tells you nothing. I don't know if I can go quite as far as Yuri with that - ie. if someone shows great capacity for self-checking as well as admitting when they're wrong, coming around to conclusions that they either didn't want to believe or which don't sit well with their theories, it's a sign that you can give them a 'bit' more grace but at the same time there have to be tight parameters on that grace apparently.

hmm. I guess assuming people won't make mistakes based on past record is a mistake, yes - but you can look at how they dealt with mistakes in the past.
but even that will only give you a hint at how they deal with future mistakes.
well, we'll see where Bret Weinstein will go in the future, I guess.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 10:44 am

This is good, listening to it right now and David Fuller's sticking to his guns on both trying to be polite to friends but still sort out (actual) truth and speak that whether or not it's critical of allies.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 9:18 pm

:wink:

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
This is good, listening to it right now and David Fuller's sticking to his guns on both trying to be polite to friends but still sort out (actual) truth and speak that whether or not it's critical of allies.

I don't watch Rebel Wisdom much, for a number of reason, but I watched this one now.
it's fine and all, but I find the way they use the vocabulary of postmodern philosophy grating - they seem to acknowledge some of the core concepts - the really undeniable ones, like how institutions shape knowledge.
But underlying is this rock solid belief that there is sense and meaning to be made - they just don't know what ot is yet, but they're certain to have the right tools.
As if the tools and the task itself weren't shaped by the knowledge which was shaped by instituions which were shaped by interests and ideas and knowledge, itself shape etc. ad nauseam