The HORRIFIC Torture Of The Women Of The Battle Of Berlin

Page 2 of 21 [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 9:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Of course German civilians suffered. And it certainly wasn’t fair for them.

Still, the Nazis were the Nazis, and the Soviets were the Soviets. Both committed egregious genocides. It matters not much the comparison between how much the Nazis killed, and how much the Soviets killed. Both were equally evil.

We know all this, the OP, however, is selectively (and deliberately) putting a magnifying glass on one incident out of thousands in WWII. Everyone committed acts of violence, the Japanese, Germans, italians, French, Soviets and the Chinese. Take you pick.

You also missed the first line in my original post.
"Interesting."

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 10:02 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Of course German civilians suffered. And it certainly wasn’t fair for them.

Still, the Nazis were the Nazis, and the Soviets were the Soviets. Both committed egregious genocides. It matters not much the comparison between how much the Nazis killed, and how much the Soviets killed. Both were equally evil.

We know all this, the OP, however, is selectively (and deliberately) putting a magnifying glass on one incident out of thousands in WWII. Everyone committed acts of violence, the Japanese, Germans, italians, French, Soviets and the Chinese. Take you pick.

The Americans and British were cruel too but the old Hollywood propaganda films always painted our soldiers as the noble heroes they never really were...

:thumright:

Quote:
A page from Morgenthau’s 1945 work, “Germany Is Our Problem.”

Morgenthau wanted not only subdivide Germany into smaller parts, he wanted to wreck all of its industrial capabilities. In order to keep Germans from making armaments, he wanted to keep them from making anything at all. Industrial facilities were to be destroyed, mines were to be wrecked and filled, experts in production and manufacturing would be forcibly removed from the region and put to work elsewhere. Germany was going to become an agrarian state, set back almost a thousand years.

The trouble was, the Nazis found out about it. They told the German people about the program in a piece of German propaganda, encouraging them to fight on against the Americans. Morgenthau’s plan would reduce the population of Germany by potentially millions of people who would no longer be able to produce enough food to feed each other or themselves.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/popular/ ... many-wwii/

Quote:
Allied Policies Force Starvation

Capt. Albert R. Behnke, a U.S. Navy medical doctor, stated in regard to Germany: “From 1945 to the middle of 1948 one saw the probable collapse, disintegration and destruction of a whole nation…Germany was subject to physical and psychic trauma unparalleled in history.” Behnke concluded that the Germans under the Allies had fared much worse than the Dutch under the Germans, and for far longer.[1]

https://codoh.com/library/document/star ... war-ii/en/

Quote:
The Dresden atrocity, tremendously expensive and meticulously planned, was so meaningless, finally, that only one person on the entire planet got any benefit from it. I am that person. I wrote this book, which earned a lot of money for me and made my reputation, such as it is. One way or another, I got two or three dollars for every person killed. Some business I'm in.

Quote:
Many historians and commentators consider the bombing to be a war crime. Gregory Stanton, president of Genocide Watch, wrote:

The Nazi Holocaust was among the most evil genocides in history. But the Allies’ firebombing of Dresden and nuclear destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were also war crimes – and as Leo Kuper and Eric Markusen have argued, also acts of genocide. We are all capable of evil and must be restrained by law from committing it.

https://www.karlkoerber.com/post/dresde ... ry-14-1945

Eisenhauser's Death Camps:
Quote:
This is when I realized I was dealing with cold-blooded killers filled with moralistic hatred. They considered the Germans subhuman and worthy of extermination; another expression of the downward spiral of racism. Articles in the G.I. newspaper, Stars and Stripes, played up the German concentration camps, complete with photos of emaciated bodies. This amplified our self-righteous cruelty, and made it easier to imitate behavior we were supposed to oppose.

Quote:
Hunger made German women more "available," but despite this, rape was prevalent and often accompanied by additional violence. In particular I remember an eighteen-year old woman who had the side of her faced smashed with a rifle butt, and was then raped by two G.I.s. Even the French complained that the rapes, looting and drunken destructiveness on the part of our troops was excessive.

Quote:
"So what?" some would say. "The enemy's atrocities were worse than ours." It is true that I experienced only the end of the war, when we were already the victors. The German opportunity for atrocities had faded, while ours was at hand. But two wrongs don't make a right.

https://live.christianity.expert/death-camps

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 10:04 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
It was horrible what the Russians did to the Germans.

:thumright:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 10:07 pm

Pepe wrote:
And how did the Ukrainian women deserve the same treatment?
Your argument is illogical, as per usual. 8)

I was talking about WWII. You said the Russians are carrying on a "tradition" against Ukrainian civilians.

It seems the Ukrainians are much the same
https://www.timesofisrael.com/hundreds- ... laborator/
https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/uk ... aborators/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 10:09 pm

magz wrote:
Russians, on the other hand, always denied they did anything bad... and we can see today where such approach leads :(

Russia has never had a democratic government apart from several years after WWI. Whatever it's inclination, every government in Russia maintains authoritarian control over it's people so it's hardly a shock they don't admit to crimes against civilians.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 6:00 am

How did I “miss the first line?”

I acknowledged the suffering endured by German civilians. They didn’t deserve what happened to them.

I was talking about “genocide being genocide,” no matter if it’s, say, 10 million killed versus 30 million killed.

What am I an “apologist” for?

If you believe I’m an “apologist,” then YOUR logic is deeply flawed.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 7:12 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
How did I “miss the first line?”

I acknowledged the suffering endured by German civilians. They didn’t deserve what happened to them.

I was talking about “genocide being genocide,” no matter if it’s, say, 10 million killed versus 30 million killed.

What am I an “apologist” for?

If you believe I’m an “apologist,” then YOUR logic is deeply flawed.

I'm sorry, I didnt mean to make you think I was calling you an apologist for Communism. I was just referring to the apologists of communism in general and how much it bothers me. I knew it was something you'd agree with but i guess i didnt word my response right? So i apologize. :(

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 7:54 am

There is nothing to apologise for, you are being manipulated.

One single German run concentration camp (and remember there 1000 camps across German occupied territories) involved the torture and murder of more civilians than the entire German population in WWII

t's disturbing to think that no matter how dark our imagination may be of the atrocities of Russian soldiers, it will never come even remotely close to how bad it actually was under the Germans and Ukrainians in WWII

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 8:17 am

I didn't know I was being manipulated...

Well anyways, yes there is no doubt in my mind that what the Nazis did during World War 2 was atrocious. But most Communist countries aren't much better. It just feels to me like the world is more forgiving of communists for some bizarre reason.

And for the record, I also see lately that capitalism has also been pretty terrible for many reasons...

Maybe it's just humans that are terrible?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 8:21 am

As for me, I'm not "manipulating" anybody.

The Nazis killed millions of people; so did the Soviet throughout World War II.

The Soviets did a more extreme version of "Sherman's March To the Sea" upon the German people at the end of World War II.

In a purely numerical sense, obviously, the effect upon the German populace wasn't as massive as what the Nazis and Soviets did within World War II----but, to one who was intimately involved in the situation, the effect is just as massive.

All of this must be prevented. Right now, Putin's regime does seem like they're going on a similar path as the Nazis and the Soviets. We just can't have this sort of thing. This must be stopped. Screw Putin's nationalistic claims.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 8:28 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
As for me, I'm not "manipulating" anybody.

The Nazis killed millions of people; so did the Soviets. The Soviets did a more extreme version of "Sherman's March To the Sea" upon the German people. In a purely numerical sense, obviously, the effect upon the German populace wasn't as massive as what the Nazis and Soviets did----but, to one who was intimately involved in the situation, the effect is just as massive.

All of this must be prevented. Right now, Putin's regime does seem like they're going on a similar path as the Nazis and the Soviets. We just can't have this sort of thing. This must be stopped.

I agree with you 100% about Putin, and I wish people would stand up to Xi Jinping on that same problem but unfortunately it feels as though China has most of the world on a tight leash.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 8:31 am

If China starts invading other countries, and claiming sovereignty over them because of the idea of a "Greater China," then they'll receive the same response as Russia is receiving now.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 8:38 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If China starts invading other countries, and claiming sovereignty over them because of the idea of a "Greater China," then they'll receive the same response as Russia is receiving now.

To be honest I'm not so sure about that. I mean what they are doing to the Uyghurs in Xinjiang is atrocious enough yet the entire world deliberately turned a blind eye to it and pretended like it never happened. Mocking anybody who tried to bring attention to the issue and even going as far as to claim any Westerner who criticizes the CCP is a racist spewing anti-Asian hate. People are either afraid to make China mad or they're actually being pro-China mostly because of our ignorant greed getting the better of us.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 8:43 am

I agree with you about the Uyghurs, by the way.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 12:29 pm

cyberdad wrote:

This is a news story from 1 January 2022, shortly before the current invasion, about a rally being held by a group called "Right Sector" -- not "the Ukrainians" in general.

The rally honored Stepan Bandera, who was a Nazi collaborator. According to the above-linked news story, "Bandera’s supporters claim that they sided with the Nazis against the Soviet army in the belief that Adolf Hitler would grant independence to Ukraine."

In short, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, similarly to how the Western Allies sided with Josef Stalin during WW II.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 4:14 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
In short, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, similarly to how the Western Allies sided with Josef Stalin during WW II.

Yes and Stalin sided with Hitler (for a while) via the Ribbentrop-Molotov pact. So I don't disagree with the OP that the Soviets under Stalin were also culpable for a lot of crimes themselves in both Poland and Germany. I accept that.

However, I am acutely aware of a far right tactic to put a magnifying glass on what happened to German civilians in the Wermacht in the aftermath of the war as a way of covertly justifying their past excesses (which are incomparable to any other act of genocide in the history of the world) are now squared.

Germany has (to some extent) done more to accept their culpability for starting two world wars compared to the Japanese or the Soviets. But!....Trying to paint Stalin's invasion of Nazi Germany and comparing it to Putin's invasion of Ukraine is a non-sequitur. Stalin was part of an alliance with the western allies to neutralise the Nazis and save millions of prisoners of war including Soviets and allies who were being kept in subhuman conditions at the time.

Stalin might have been evil but he was a necessary evil as his role in both the western front in liberating Germany and in the eastern front against the Japanese imperial forces probably saved millions of lives for the allies.