Page 12 of 31 [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 31  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 4:43 am

ironpony wrote:
But I thought that the sick and poor situation was not caused by Trump though, but by corona? What has Trump done to make the U.S. so bad though?

he has set the tone from the top, for some bad actors to harm this nation in manifold ways. he gives tacit "permission" for racist thugs to wreak havoc at protests, he has hired downright crooks to run various gov't organs into the ground, he has blatantly compromised the u.s. postal service for the sole purpose of screwing over voters by delaying their ballots thus rendering them uncountable, and in the process thoroughly screwing up rural mail delivery, i have been getting bills in the mail so delayed that they are already past-due. the worst, is that he has openly invited foreign actors to mess with us. he has set us at each other's throats, he has assaulted us with 20k+ LIES under cover of gov't authority, he has DELIBERATELY botched the national response to covid19 and as a result has BLOOD ON HIS HANDS to the tune of 160k+ and counting. first he made us an international laughing stock, then an international object of pity and now an international pariah with many countries refusing american visitors. he has wrecked our economy, we are now in a 30s-style economic depression, the only thing saving us so far have been those relief payments that the GOP are now cheaping us out on.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 1:32 pm

Oh okay. I didn't hear about those things with Trump, especially the mail one.

I guess I just don't understand American politics in the sense, that a lot of people seem to only join two sides, instead of forming their own individual opinions, more, unless there is a lot of that as well?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 1:50 pm

auntblabby wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
The Right wing is associated with discrimination and racism and refuses to believe there is systemic racism. They also do not believe in black lives matter and they dismiss the issue.

they do see that systemic racism exists [because they engage in it] and speak of it light-heartedly amongst themselves but refuse to acknowledge to outsiders [anybody not in their tribe, esp. POC] that it exists, this is a crucial distinction.

I thought we all engaged in it in some ways but my question is what can I do about it?

What can you (general you) do about it if you work in a place where you have to follow procedures and laws but they work against the minority. Such as if you work as a mortgage broker and you give out loans but you also have to follow the rules so that means you would have to deny loans to people with low credit score and not enough income but that would work against the minority.

This is a uncomfortable topic to talk about so I know people will be reading this and go "what do you mean I am involved in this somehow?" They call that fragile :lol:

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 2:05 pm

What does denying loans because of low credit have to with racism though?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 2:50 pm

‘Funny’ How Humans
Anthropomorphise
Projecting Human
Frailties Like
Narcissism
Of Requiring
Worship From
Others As Trump
Does Attempting to
Fill and Feel Up The
Emptiness Within That
Is Devoid of Love Complete
Psychopaths the Same As
Trump Who Attempts
To Void The
Freedom to
Vote By
Mail For
Those Otherwise
Vulnerable Risking
Their Life to Vote in
Person as His Sick
Psychopathy Finds
Diseased Joy of others
He Cares not
For Dying
On 5th
Avenue
By The Jim
Jones Kool
Aid Trigger He
Continues To Pull
In Fully Automatic
Way of Pandemic
Failures From
Psychopathic
And Or Minion Souls
continuing To Slowly
Suffocate Souls Devoid
Of the
Empathy
Sympathy
Compassion
Of Love Is it
Any Wonder
That
Humans
Project These
Frailties on The
Rest of (GoD) Nature
Of Course Not As Trump
Authors in Forests of Facepalms
Paint God’s (Nature’s) Face in a
Book Practiced
NoW As
A Zombie
Apocalypse
Eating the
Rest of
God’s
Face
Nature on
Our Earth
Indeed the Arming
Of Karma As We Digest
Our own Face of (God)
Nature’s
Love
Never
TaKinG
More Than
Giving in God’s
Love (Nature) Balance
The Bible IS A Book to
Serve Human as Practiced
Now indeed a Recipe Book
To Cook Us
In Hell
Now
Away
From
Love This
Is Same Support
For ‘Trump God’
Of the ‘Old Patriarchal
Toxic Human Testament’
The Viral Trump God Indeed
With All Minions Marching
In
Line
One
By one
For the
Next
Trump
Colored
CupOf
Kool
Aid
Never
Flavored
By True Love
Caring For anyone
Now But The Trump
God’s ‘Colors’ Still... YUCK

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 3:21 pm

ironpony wrote:
What does denying loans because of low credit have to with racism though?

Systemic racism.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 3:39 pm

Oh okay, but there are white people I know who were denied loans because of bad credit too though, so does it count as systematic racism, if white people are denied loans for bad credit, as well as other races?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 5:55 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, but there are white people I know who were denied loans because of bad credit too though, so does it count as systematic racism, if white people are denied loans for bad credit, as well as other races?

That is a good question.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 6:06 pm

ironpony wrote:

Bad credit is a symptom of poor economic conditions. The reasons why various people are poor is complex. Systemic racism, classism, and personal choices all contribute to ones inherited socioeconomic position in society. How far one can go in life is than a function of education, intrinsic skill, opportunity, and luck. I say education in a broad sense for any form of learned information, not necessarily from a school.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 10:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ironpony wrote:
But I thought that the sick and poor situation was not caused by Trump though, but by corona? What has Trump done to make the U.S. so bad though?

he has set the tone from the top, for some bad actors to harm this nation in manifold ways. he gives tacit "permission" for racist thugs to wreak havoc at protests, he has hired downright crooks to run various gov't organs into the ground, he has blatantly compromised the u.s. postal service for the sole purpose of screwing over voters by delaying their ballots thus rendering them uncountable, and in the process thoroughly screwing up rural mail delivery, i have been getting bills in the mail so delayed that they are already past-due. the worst, is that he has openly invited foreign actors to mess with us. he has set us at each other's throats, he has assaulted us with 20k+ LIES under cover of gov't authority, he has DELIBERATELY botched the national response to covid19 and as a result has BLOOD ON HIS HANDS to the tune of 160k+ and counting. first he made us an international laughing stock, then an international object of pity and now an international pariah with many countries refusing american visitors. he has wrecked our economy, we are now in a 30s-style economic depression, the only thing saving us so far have been those relief payments that the GOP are now cheaping us out on.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 10:28 pm

I hate what Trump is doing to this country. I have to be honest it almost makes me feel suicidal. I just hope I can survive this mess and not cross that line... And keep what's left of my sanity. :|

Edit: I'm just saying I REALLY do not want to live to see an actual war being fought on American soil. I'm at least smart enough to know exactly what happens in every war. I don't want to end up as 'collateral damage' or being taken prisoner by sadistic psychopaths. Really bad stuff happens to POWs in every war ever fought, just look at what our military did in Abu Ghraib during the War in Iraq.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 11:43 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, but do the left have a proposition to solve to the problem of racism? So far they are protesting about it, but do they have any propositions? Because it seems to me that yes, the right does not know to how to solve the problem, but the left does not either.

It seems to me that the left will admit that no single solution exists meanwhile the right would rather pretend it's not an issue worthy of attention.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 11:44 pm

ironpony wrote:

Are other people denied loans that might otherwise be approved if they were white? Are whites denied loans at the same rate as others? The fact that whites are also denied loans isn't proof that systemic racism doesn't exist.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2020, 12:38 am

Oh okay. Well for example, how often do they know the race of the person applying for loans? For example, when I apply for a credit card, they don't know my race, since I am applying online and they do not see me, unless they still no by other means?

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2020, 12:48 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay. Well for example, how often do they know the race of the person applying for loans? For example, when I apply for a credit card, they don't know my race, since I am applying online and they do not see me, unless they still no by other means?

A credit card is different than a loan. Loans are generally applied for in person at a bank (but not always).

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2020, 1:04 am

Oh okay. Well there are white people I know who I would be extremely surprised if they could get loans. I don't have any black friends, but I have an Asian one, who could probably get one more likely, than those particular white ones I know. So I thought maybe it depends on the credit a lot more, unless I am wrong.