Page 173 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176 ... 214  Next

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 7:09 pm

sly279 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I just don't see what "good" Trump has done.

He's a thin-skinned fellow who doesn't like to be insulted. He just gratuitously insults people on Twitter. He's not going to get much done because he offends both sides of the political spectrum.

He just doesn't portray the image of a "President." Unless you want your President to be like P. T. Barnum.

He's sort of like Lyndon Johnson without the political acumen.

He stopped the illegal Obama’s gun control targeting disabled people. You know like us aspies who have just a much right to human rights as nts.
He’s also the first president to not back down to dear leader which if had happen 20 years ago we might not be in the situation we are currently with North Korea. Instead we helped fund their nuclear program. Same with Iran. Otherwise the Democrats throwing tantrums won’t let anything get done.

i agree that folks with disabilities shouldn't be discriminated against with regard to gun ownership, but i look at the big picture. many folks with disabilities use medicaid, which the republican budget cuts by something like 500 billion. folks are gonna die. i think that's more important.

They haven’t cut anything yet. They haven’t gotten a single thing done since week one where they repealed a lot of Obama’s stuff he did in the last months before he left. Congress hasn’t gotten anything passed or done. Look we have all republicans so repealing obama care and passing the share act should be easy but republicans couldn’t get enough votes for either too many rhinos to get any republican dreams done. Congress is ineffective as it should be.

Why are the millions who’d might die from cuts more import then the millions who’d died in raids under Obama’s excutive order? Bigger picture is without the 2nd amendment and bill of rights no one would be safe.

raids? ridiculous.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 7:10 pm

Tross wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Tross wrote:
I think I finally know why I cannot accept this guy as a president or a leader of any kind, and it has less to do with my political alignment than I thought. I mean, sure, it doesn't sit well with me that he's an environmental sadist who doesn't care if the planet turns into one big lifeless crater, or that he cut funding for education and social services but there was somehow money for more military spending for the country that needs it the least, or that he can't pass a healthcare bill to save his life with a congress that by all rights should be on his side. The main thing for me is he doesn't act like a leader.

Not only is the guy incapable of sounding smart to save his life - seriously, just listen to him speak or read some of the stuff that comes out of his twitter account - but he's about as thin-skinned as Taylor Swift and acts like it too. He also wants to ignore the first or second amendment or whatever amendment is about free speech (I'm not American so forgive me) and have news studios taken off the air just because he doesn't like what they have to say. Sorry Mr. Trump but fascism wasn't cool in 1817, let alone 2017.

Look, he may not be a politician but he has stepped into the political sphere so he should act professional. All leaders get criticized no matter how great or how well regarded they are. Someone who isn't a dunce would take that criticism and use it to improve, or refute what isn't true through proper arguments. Just calling something "fake news" isn't an argument. If he had a shred of intelligence he would say something like "the allegations in this report are false because...". A good leader can effectively refute what isn't true, acknowledge what is true and decide how best to take that feedback, and conduct themself with dignity and grace no matter if praise or criticism is thrown their way. I'm just not getting that from Donald Trump.

He has a degree of intelligence, the man knows what people want and how to sell it to them. He understands voters that practically every political expert missed, belittled, or underestimated. His problem is extreme immaturity, the thin skin you mentioned, a simplistic view of people as winners and losers, a view that to be a winner you must utterly and immediately destroy anybody in your way or says anything not completely 100 positive about you in any way.

I would say that he know how to manipulate peoples, but I won't say that he's intelligent, at least not where it count for making a good president, like abstract thinking, understanding complex ideas, a good memory and so on. Maybe he got good social intelligence (The opposites of us), making him a good "used car seller".
The reason political experts underestimated Trump is because they consider voters as taking rational decisions, which is far from reality.
Ok, I'll concede that the guy knows a thing or two on how to sell himself. He'd better as that's his background. The important thing though is that he knows how to conduct himself in the political sphere, and I'm just not satisfied that he can do that.
sly279 wrote:
He’s also the first president to not back down to dear leader which if had happen 20 years ago we might not be in the situation we are currently with North Korea. Instead we helped fund their nuclear program. Same with Iran. Otherwise the Democrats throwing tantrums won’t let anything get done.

Be that as it may, he might get all of us nuked. Everyone knows that Kim Jung Un makes passive aggressive statements to try to get a rise out of political leaders and it's best to just ignore them. Everyone but Donald Trump knows that.

The South Korean soldiers and civilians who die in North Korean attacks would surely disagree. But yeah let’s give Kim billions more and wait til he has nukes that can hit Washington DC. Sooner or later Kim or his next dear leader will make a move on South Korea they want a unified Korea under Kim. Until they drop that idea they are a immediate threat and the longer we wait and more we give in the stronger they get and worse the war will be, the war is as unavoidable as ww2 was. Kim is our generations hitler with conquest dreams. He won’t ever Ben happy with just North Korea.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 7:22 pm

cathylynn wrote:
sly279 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I just don't see what "good" Trump has done.

He's a thin-skinned fellow who doesn't like to be insulted. He just gratuitously insults people on Twitter. He's not going to get much done because he offends both sides of the political spectrum.

He just doesn't portray the image of a "President." Unless you want your President to be like P. T. Barnum.

He's sort of like Lyndon Johnson without the political acumen.

He stopped the illegal Obama’s gun control targeting disabled people. You know like us aspies who have just a much right to human rights as nts.

i agree that folks with disabilities shouldn't be discriminated against with regard to gun ownership, but i look at the big picture. many folks with disabilities use medicaid, which the republican budget cuts by something like 500 billion. folks are gonna die. i think that's more important.

They haven’t cut anything yet. They haven’t gotten a single thing done since week one where they repealed a lot of Obama’s stuff he did in the last months before he left. Congress hasn’t gotten anything passed or done. Look we have all republicans so repealing obama care and passing the share act should be easy but republicans couldn’t get enough votes for either too many rhinos to get any republican dreams done. Congress is ineffective as it should be.

Why are the millions who’d might die from cuts more import then the millions who’d died in raids under Obama’s excutive order? Bigger picture is without the 2nd amendment and bill of rights no one would be safe.

raids? ridiculous.

See cops dress up as military clothing and grab full auto assault rifles then they go to the gun owners house r take their guns. Since the person has guns and the government deemed them dangerous they are treated as such which means no nock raid. What happens next is up to the gun owner. They might resist like I would, they might just give them up, or they might get shot cause the cops freak out like the Texas marine did when they no nocked his house at night. That’s how gun confiscation works, someone has to physically go take the guns from the person who isn’t allowed to have them anymore. It’s no use to ban guns from someone but let them keep the ones they have. That’d be like saying someone’s too dangerous to drive but let them keep their car and license.

California does such confiscation on a daily basis. But they do knock ones and ask to be let in and then they take the guns. They have a giant list of people California stripped of their rights and 13 police go to houses every day 2-5 houses a day taking guns.

So sorry millions of people for sure losing their rights trumps millions possibly dying from possible cuts that might happen according to democrats and left leaning media. I’ll take possible stuff over guaranteed to happen bad stuff any day. Clinton and obama were guaranteed bad stuff to happen even Bernie was. So I’d still vote trump and as is plan to vote trump next time. If democrat chops to drop and banish gun control and it’s supporters I’d vote democrat as would many other gun owners. You’re get more votes with sweets then poison. Sadly a lot of us gun owners are forced to vote for the greater good or less evil in republicans. It bathers me why democrats choose to lose over an issue that the themselves say will accomplish nothing and save no one? It’s a huge dividing issue in America thy d be way better off just dropping it. Is t it better they help poor, gay, females, less off l etc then try to pass policy they know want change anything and is guaranteed to cost them millions of votes? At least 1/3 of Americans own guns. There’s millions of pr gun democrats who may agree we th the democrat party all all other issues but are forced to vot republican. It really blows my mind. The democrats party needs a revolution to over throw the 1% elites that control it and only work to do stuff that benifit s rich people.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 7:24 pm

B19 wrote:
Perhaps some day in the far future someone skilled in the area will do a theme analysis on this massive thread, long after Trump has gone, marvelling at the division Trump inspired as no other President had ever done.

Omfg obama causes this division trump is just the reaction to it. Obama’s 8 years of division is why people felt they needed to vote trump a non politician in.
Where have you been the last 8 years.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 7:30 pm

Tross wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kim Jung-un makes blatant threats not passive agressive statements. And many more people than just Trump are sick and tired of it and consider him of himself to be a threat. If Kim lauches a nuke, which will hardly kill all of us, it will be the last nuke he ever launches.

But of couse the way people are supposed to view this is that Trump will start WWIII.

We must be terrified that Trump will start WWIII. Be afraid, be very afraid. Lose sleep, get ulcers. Trump is going to start WWIII any minute now.
I quite frankly don't care who starts WWIII. It's bad news for everyone if it happens, so it's better if it doesn't. I can guarantee WWIII will have worse consequences than just lost sleep and ulcers. I do believe Kim Jung Un is a threat, but pressing his buttons is just going to increase the odds of him acting. He doesn't have to kill all of you with a nuke either. It's bad news if anyone is killed by one. Wouldn't it be better if he doesn't launch one to begin with? The bottom line is, he's not the kind of guy whose buttons ought to be pressed.

Now, if your line of thinking is he's going to nuke you anyways...that's pretty fatalistic. If you're suggesting it's good of Trump to egg Kim on to get it out of the way then you've already given up. Look, if I had to rank world leaders based on how bad they are, I'd put Kim at number 1, and Trump only at number 4. But, if a war breaks out that's all irrelevant. The best thing we can do is to try to put out the fire rather than igniting it.

People have been worried about ww3 since day after ww2 ended. People need something to fear and panic about, been that way since humanity birth. Ww3 is more likely to start over Twain or some battle over the South China Sea that China is trying to push all other nations out of their own waters over some claim from when China was an empire that says they control the whole sea all the way to the sands of japan, Philippians, and Vietnam. Despite the un and international law saying otherwise, Chinese war ships and civilian boats and planes have close calls daily , China is building islands so they can militiazie the area in defiance of international law. They threaten islands under control of the other nations daily. Those people live every day in fear that it could be the day China shells them and ww3 will definitely start if china sinks and kills our allies civilians in their territory waters under international law. But by all regards allow your self to be distracted away from China’s aggressive actions by their puppet state North Korea.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 7:33 pm

b9 wrote:
one does wonder.

north korea is at the stage where their range is mid pacific i think.
but N.K does not yet have the ability to guide the missiles.
at present, they are ballistic trajectories.

they would also have to stealth up their missiles so they can not be detected some how, and stopped before reaching their targets.

the targets should be things like water supplies ...hoover dam, colorado river, and great lakes, and the major river spawning points.

then maybe the financial district of new york and the pentagon, and also major electricity grid intersections .

but even if all their missiles are guaranteed to hit their target by gps guidance, they would be detected and north korea would have only a few minutes to gloat over their achievement before american guided missiles blow their target areas to annihilation.

bad work.

i wonder what would happen if the woeld said "OK N.K. we will relax all our sanctions on you and you can operate as you wish"

jung il (or whatever his name is) may say...ok...you've paid attention, so we will desist.

it's really a snowballing retaliatory response by the west of impositions of sanctions, and north korea's idea that it should be allowed to defend itself that is the root of the whole problem.

if that's all that kim un whatever is lamenting about, then briefly change it back to no sanctions, and see what he says.

Last I heard they can hit the west coast now. A tightly placed emp would shut down us power for 2 years while we wait for China to make replace parts. Meanwhile North Korea could invade and take South Korea. We’d be tied up keep order I. The USA. 5million military personal to control 320million starving and panic induced population.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 7:46 pm

sly279 wrote:
B19 wrote:
Perhaps some day in the far future someone skilled in the area will do a theme analysis on this massive thread, long after Trump has gone, marvelling at the division Trump inspired as no other President had ever done.

Omfg obama causes this division trump is just the reaction to it. Obama’s 8 years of division is why people felt they needed to vote trump a non politician in.

Thanks for making me smile. Where have you been for the past 70? I have watched a lot of presidents come and go, and read very widely. Are you much of a reader of the political history of the USA Sly?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 8:45 pm

B19 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
B19 wrote:

Thanks for making me smile. Where have you been for the past 70? I have watched a lot of presidents come and go, and read very widely. Are you much of a reader of the political history of the USA Sly?

I know a lot about us military history. Obama was a bit racist in my opinion he favored blacks over whites. Probably felt it’s needed to make up for the many years whites were favored over blacks. But eye for ey just makes more eye for eye. That’s how conflicts start and eventually people don’t even know why they hate the enemy or why the war started.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 9:25 pm

Where do you get the idea that Obama favored blacks? I don't see much evidence of that. His mother was white, and his father was black.

And what is this thing about Obama's "raids killing millions?"

Now. I'm not saying that Obama's such a great guy. He's a politician, like many in Washington.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 11:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Where do you get the idea that Obama favored blacks? I don't see much evidence of that. His mother was white, and his father was black.

Now. I'm not saying that Obama's such a great guy. He's a politician, like many in Washington.

Maybe cause every time a black man died he like he could been my son but did t care when white men died. Or calling people racist, first thing that made me suspicious was when he had kids come for s photo shoot and they were mostly all black. He seems to have the attitude that he was the black peoples president not everyone’s. I hope the next black president isn’t as dividing and doesn’t see themselves representing only blacks. There more but I’m not going sit here and think of all them.

We’re more racial divided from him making every single issue about race. The left continued it and still does. Hate to pop peoples bubbles but most events aren’t about race. Until we can move past that i dont know if we can be united. There’s racial divide and left and right divide. We aren’t s united country. We distrust and hate each other from both sides.

I dont know where I heard it but someone suggested s black lives matter rides with every officer and after they get killed the cop can step in and stop the criminal. Sadly it might be th only solution as not even body cams stop people from claiming racism. Is it not possible that black peoples like all humans are capable of doing bad stuff?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 12:36 am

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Maybe cause every time a black man died he like he could been my son but did t care when white men died. Or calling people racist, first thing that made me suspicious was when he had kids come for s photo shoot and they were mostly all black. He seems to have the attitude that he was the black peoples president not everyone’s. I hope the next black president isn’t as dividing and doesn’t see themselves representing only blacks. There more but I’m not going sit here and think of all them.

We’re more racial divided from him making every single issue about race. The left continued it and still does. Hate to pop peoples bubbles but most events aren’t about race. Until we can move past that i dont know if we can be united. There’s racial divide and left and right divide. We aren’t s united country. We distrust and hate each other from both sides.

I dont know where I heard it but someone suggested s black lives matter rides with every officer and after they get killed the cop can step in and stop the criminal. Sadly it might be th only solution as not even body cams stop people from claiming racism. Is it not possible that black peoples like all humans are capable of doing bad stuff?

you don't live in the same reality i live in.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 12:40 am

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

are you sure you aren't kinda racist? or being fed lies by racists?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 12:46 am

THE TRUTH ALWAYS COMES OUT..... EVENTUALLY.

Trump rips Clinton link to Fusion GPS dossier as a 'disgrace,' says Russia 'hoax is turned around'
www.foxnews.com

President makes remarks on Fusion GPS investigation, calls Democrats' involvement a disgrace.

President Trump, in a wide-ranging sparring session with reporters Wednesday afternoon, blasted Hillary Clinton over new revelations her campaign helped fund a salacious anti-Trump dossier last year – calling the project a “disgrace” and claiming the tables have turned on Democrats over the “Russia hoax.”

“They’re embarrassed by it, but I think it’s a disgrace,” Trump told reporters, before heading to Texas for a briefing on Hurricane Harvey recovery efforts and a Republican fundraiser. “It’s a very sad commentary on politics in this country.”

In the midst of a court case that threatened to reveal the dossier’s funding, it emerged Tuesday night that political consulting firm Fusion GPS was retained last year by Marc E. Elias, an attorney representing the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign. The firm then hired former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele to write the dossier that contained unverified and lurid allegations about Trump and his team’s ties to Moscow.

The Washington Post first reported on the connections, which were confirmed by Fox News.

Trump, though, repeatedly said Wednesday that this information only came out because the court case would have revealed it. Amid a series of Russia-related controversies that have Democrats – at least for now – on defense, Trump suggested the allegations of Russia collusion with his campaign have boomeranged and are hurting Democrats.

“The whole Russia thing … this was the Democrats coming up with an excuse for losing the election,” Trump told reporters. “They lost it and they lost it very badly. And they didn’t know what to say, so they made up the whole Russia hoax.”

Trump added: “Now it’s turning out that the hoax is turned around, and you look at what’s happened with Russia and the uranium deal and the fake dossier, and it’s all turned around.”

'The whole Russia thing...this was the Democrats coming up with an excuse for losing the election'

- President Donald Trump
Trump was referring not only to the dossier but the Obama administration’s 2010 approval of a Canadian mining company’s sale to a Russian firm that gave them partial control of U.S. uranium reserves.

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton attends a signing of her new book 'What happened' at Barnes & Noble bookstore at Union Square in Manhattan, New York City, U.S., September 12, 2017.

The law firm that retained Fusion GPS reportedly was paid millions in legal fees by the Clinton campaign and the DNC.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 12:52 am

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHEN HILLARY IS GOING TO BE FITTED FOR THAT ORANGE JUMPSUIT.

Why doesn’t Hillary’s ‘dossier’ trick count as treason?
nypost.com

What’s the difference between the infamous Russian dossier on Donald Trump and that random fake-news story you saw on Facebook last year? The latter was never used by America’s intelligence community to bolster its case for spying on American citizens nor was it the foundation for a year’s worth of media coverage.

Then again, you get what you pay for. We now know Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee paid as much as $9 million for the discredited dossier on Trump.

According to The Washington Post, a lawyer named Marc Elias, who represented both the 2016 Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, had hired Fusion GPS, a DC firm working on behalf of the Russian government to soften sanctions at the time, to provide opposition research for them. The firm then hired a former British spy named Christopher Steele who reportedly purchased salacious rumors about Trump from the Russians.

Now, you might expect that the scandalous revelation of a political campaign using opposition research that was partially obtained from a hostile foreign power during a national election would ignite shrieks of “collusion” from all patriotic citizens. After all, only last summer, when it was reported that Donald Trump Jr. met with a Kremlin-linked Russian lawyer who claimed to be in possession of damaging information about Clinton, there was widespread condemnation.

Finally, we were told, a smoking gun tied the Trump campaign to Vladimir Putin. Former Democratic vice presidential candidate Tim Kaine went as far as to suggest that the independent counsel begin investigating treason.

Treason! Trump Jr. didn’t even pay for or accept research.

The Clinton crew, on the other hand, did. They didn’t openly push the contents of the dossier — probably because they knew it was mostly fiction. Instead, Fusion GPS leaked it to their friends in the media.

The dossier ended up in the possession of most major news outlets. Many journalists relied on Fusion GPS to propel coverage. BuzzFeed even posted the entire thing for Americans to read, even though it was more than likely its most scandalous parts were hatched by a foreign government.

The memo dominated newsrooms that were convinced Trump was a Manchurian candidate. No fake-news story came close to having this kind of impact.

Democrats in Washington are now pushing the “Honest Ads Act,” which creates a raft of new regulations and fines for Web sites that don’t do enough to combat fake news. Attempting to control the flow of information into our screens is the hobbyhorse of would-be censors. But since they’re at it, when do we get a bill that fines institutional media organizations that readily embrace bogus foreign dossiers?

Because the dossier didn’t just awaken the Russia-stole-our-democracy narratives in the media. It’s just as likely that the dossier was used by Clinton’s allies in the government.

The Obama administration reportedly relied on the dossier to bolster its spying on US citizens. We know of at least one case where the information was used to justify a FISA warrant on a Trump adviser. And let’s not forget that Steele had reached an agreement to be compensated for his efforts by the FBI.

None of this excuses the actions of Paul Manafort and others who may have benefitted from their relationship with the Russians. Yet, using the very standards Democrats have constructed over the past year, the Fusion GPS story is now the most tangible evidence we possess of Russian interference in the American election.

And at some point, Democrats will have to decide whether it’s wrong for a political campaign to work with foreigners when obtaining opposition research or whether it’s acceptable. We can’t have different standards for Democrats and Republicans.

Otherwise people might start to get the idea that all the histrionics over the past year weren’t really about Russian interference at all, but rather about Hillary losing an election that they assumed she’d win.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 1:01 am

I just posted something about this over here:

viewtopic.php?t=339481&p=7711534#p7711468

There is a whole pile of stuff breaking this week -- it's hard to keep track of it all. It also appears to be the case that the Clinton campaign didn't report the money spent on the bogus Trump dossier -- a violation of federal election law -- and they publicly lied about whether they paid for it.

The emerging story seems to be: Clinton paid to have a phony report on Trump cooked up by British and Russian operatives. This was then leaked to the press, and passed to Obama's operatives in the Justice Department, who used the phony dossier as a pretext to start government spying on the Trump campaign. This is major criminal activity.

There Are Four Lights!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 1:24 am

cathylynn wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

are you sure you aren't kinda racist? or being fed lies by racists?

So if trump got bunch of kids together all white and only one black the media and yiu would claim he’s racist ?

So I’m racist for thinking black people can be bad too, how dare, I clearly only white people can be bad or do bad things. Every non white is innocent and incapable of bad thoughts. Is that what your saying?

Half this freaking nation didn’t support obama. His division is crystal clear and caused trump to be elected. Half this nation felt ignored and mistreated enough to vote a left leaning New York elite into office. Trumps a wild card people didn’t like him he was just a big f u to the left and rhino republican elite. And now the media calls them racists I’m sure that’ll make them vote democrat in the next election.

Until this I’d still consider yiu a friend but no friend of mine would call me racist because we disagree.