Page 19 of 27 [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 2:14 am

The tea partiers get rally permits to express their desires. The occupiers sit on sidewalks and whine.

The tea partiers clean up after themselves or get fined. The occupiers leave expensive messes.

Most people who work for a living don't think it's ok to destroy public property to make a point so, I'd say the tea party represents The People more effectively, more responsibly, more adult-ly.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 2:18 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Maybe that's because the Tea party does not do anything.......

It is a fact that tea partiers have gained political seats across the board and are working to further the tea party agenda. It's too early to tell if anything is going to come out of the occupiers.

It almost looks like the two parties are re-branding themselves...

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 2:28 am

GoonSquad wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Tea Parties don't get violent.

That's because prosperous people don't break things.... they own things.

Actually, the Tea Partiers respect other people's property and are not a bunch of petty vandals.

GoonSquad wrote:
It's the people who don't own things that break them.

There a lot of things I'd like to have, but I'm not going to steal them from someone else, nor am I going to throw a tantrum and break someone else's stuff so they can't have it either.

GoonSquad wrote:
People revolt when they have nothing left to lose.... mostly.

In the case of Occupy Wallstreet, they've demonstrated that for the most part they are nothing more than spoiled brats.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 2:57 am

unduki wrote:
The tea partiers get rally permits to express their desires. The occupiers sit on sidewalks and whine.

The tea partiers clean up after themselves or get fined. The occupiers leave expensive messes.

Most people who work for a living don't think it's ok to destroy public property to make a point so, I'd say the tea party represents The People more effectively, more responsibly, more adult-ly.

The tea partiers aren't even protesting anything......what's the point if you give in and get permits and societies approval before you go out and protest the wrongs of society. A lot of the occupy protesters do or have worked for a living and are sick of being s**t on by the 1% so they take a stand.....what's so wrong with that?

Besides all the tea party cares about is the middle class just like all the pig politicians.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 2:58 am

unduki wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Maybe that's because the Tea party does not do anything.......

It is a fact that tea partiers have gained political seats across the board and are working to further the tea party agenda. It's too early to tell if anything is going to come out of the occupiers.

It almost looks like the two parties are re-branding themselves...

Well you see Occupy Wall Street is NOT a political party while the tea baggers are......I mean tea party.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 3:02 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
unduki wrote:

The tea partiers aren't even protesting anything......what's the point if you give in and get permits and societies approval before you go out and protest the wrongs of society. A lot of the occupy protesters do or have worked for a living and are sick of being sh** on by the 1% so they take a stand.....what's so wrong with that?

Besides all the tea party cares about is the middle class just like all the pig politicians.

You can protest something and not be a bunch of petty thugs, doping yourself up on drugs, etc.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 3:21 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
unduki wrote:

The tea partiers aren't even protesting anything......what's the point if you give in and get permits and societies approval before you go out and protest the wrongs of society. A lot of the occupy protesters do or have worked for a living and are sick of being sh** on by the 1% so they take a stand.....what's so wrong with that?

You can protest something and not be a bunch of petty thugs, doping yourself up on drugs, etc.

Well I've participated in the protests at least in Denver, and I do not feel I am much of a petty thug......and I don't quite see what is so bad about using drugs.......most people do, have you ever had a cup of coffee?

Also, it would seem the protesters include a very large mix of people.....there are probably some totally straight edge types involved.

Also, I might point out the U.S is one of the most pharmacutically medicated countries in the world....I mean it's common to have someone standing there with a cup of coffe trashing someone for using cannabis. Well what about the caffine in the coffee, thats a drug in fact it would be easier to overdose on caffine than it would be to overdose on cannabis.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 9:24 am

Inuyasha wrote:

GoonSquad wrote:
It's the people who don't own things that break them.

There a lot of things I'd like to have, but I'm not going to steal them from someone else, nor am I going to throw a tantrum and break someone else's stuff so they can't have it either.

The things these people "want" are things like adequate food and shelter and reasonable access to healthcare.

Quote:

GoonSquad wrote:
People revolt when they have nothing left to lose.... mostly.

In the case of Occupy Wallstreet, they've demonstrated that for the most part they are nothing more than spoiled brats.

For comfortable people on the right politics has become something of a spectator sport.

For people on the margins, this isn't entertainment. It's literally life and death.

The people on the right, with their constant squeals of "MINE! MINE! MINE!" seem like spoiled brats to me.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 10:59 am

"Teabaggers???" Sweetleaf, that was uncalled for and you know it. Shame on you.

I think the occupiers just want what they want and they're not going to listen to reason. Their whole demand spiel really sounds like a bunch of envious teenagers stomping their feet because someone took away their cell phone privileges. They don't want to hear how all those middle class people worked for 20 years or more to get where they are. They want the rewards without doing the work. It's classic "Little Red Hen."

I think the tea partiers would be open to listening to occupiers but the occupiers are so extremely disrespectful, as Sweetleaf has just displayed, that they'll never get anywhere with anyone. They've cut their noses off to spite their faces. They will only be satisfied with anarchy.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 1:42 pm

LKL wrote:

I think you know better LKL. Whatever you may think of the Tea Party agenda and/or the PERFECTLY LEGAL practice of being openly armed in public, the TP and OWS groups have used completely different tactics to promote their goals. Now if the Tea Party had been engaging in similar sit-in style tactics to the OWS groups and received a completely different police response you'd have a point, as things now stand you have a pithy and misleading image macro and not much else.

- Rick Sanchez

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 3:42 pm

All the Tea Party Promotes is tax breaks for the rich.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 5:12 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
All the Tea Party Promotes is tax breaks for the rich.

The Tea Party promotes tax breaks for ALL of us, and so much more. Rich people are entitled to the same freedoms as the rest of us. Before you go shooting your mouth off, you might want to put some facts in your brain.

Tea Parties tend to be regional in objective, meaning people in California might be concerned about over taxation of businesses while people in North Dakota have environmental focus, but when you're talking core beliefs, it's basic. I would recommend this web site if you're really interested in knowing what you're saying.

http://www.teaparty-platform.com/

I would also recommend a course in critical thinking.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 5:27 pm

What the Tea Parties really demonstrated was the power of actually taking your vote elsewhere versus blind party loyalty. They showed strategic thinking that's rare in today's voters; by forcing the GOP to lose general elections by selecting ideologically purer candidates in the primaries, they forced the whole party to move in the direction they wanted long term at the expense of a few short term election loses. That's their real impact whether you agree with them or not, showing everyone else that action trumps partisan loyalty when it comes to political change.

- Rick Sanchez

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 5:36 pm

Rich people are not entitled to tax breaks.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 5:38 pm

Poor people are not entitled to other people's possessions.

- Rick Sanchez

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 5:40 pm

The rich can afford to give up their possessions.