Page 185 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188 ... 214  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 4:51 am

I think he will get more polished as time goes on.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 5:17 am

I suppose if you can polish a turd, you can polish anything.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 2:58 pm

trump just tweeted that he doesn't blame china for taking advantage of us. he states, "i would have done the same." trump has taken advantage of folks (from women he unwelcomely fondled to contractors he didn't pay) his whole life. he just admitted taking advantage is his philosophy.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 4:20 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I'm just trying to stay optimistic.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 7:14 pm

According to published reports, Trump rigged the Miss Universe pageant. It's actually illegal under US law to rig a televised contest.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 10:42 pm

fascism is an American thing now.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 8:12 am

It’s a world thing that some Americans have adopted.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 9:38 pm

AFAIC, it [as well as its proponents] need to be somewhere else. if only those people could see their parents spinning in their graves, who fought in WW2 against fascism, only for their thankless kids to embrace it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 11:27 am

auntblabby wrote:

No matter how hard you try to polish a turd...it's still a turd and still stinks.Gold plate it,still a turd.

bamsaidthelady
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2017, 6:11 pm

auntblabby wrote:
fascism is an American thing now.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."
(e.g. People will declare that protesting police violence disrespects the country and veterans)

What astounds me on this board is how clearly Trump wants to be a dictator, and how dictatorships and/or totalitarianism have usually dealt with people with disabilities (or at least "out groups").

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 7:47 pm

It seems to me that the President/government taking away millions of actually affordable healthcare policies that people liked, and forcefully replacing them with a mandatory system they don't like and can't afford, is an example of fascism.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 11:42 pm

EzraS wrote:
It seems to me that the President/government taking away millions of actually affordable healthcare policies that people liked, and forcefully replacing them with a mandatory system they don't like and can't afford, is an example of fascism.

what it boils down to is that some benefits/taxes were taken from the middle-class to aid the working class in getting health coverage for the first time in their lives, and the middle class doesn't like sharing.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 12:02 am

auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:

what it boils down to is that some benefits/taxes were taken from the middle-class to aid the working class in getting health coverage for the first time in their lives, and the middle class doesn't like sharing.

The working class are the ones I'm talking about. All the ones working for big companies that had nice affordable healthcare plans.

It was a president making a totalitarian move destroying the current system in favor of his own. No one was given a choice. It was forced and madatory. That's dictatorial facism.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 12:06 am

Did everyone like the old healthcare plan? What about people who were just over the threshold for Medicaid but weren't getting health insurance provided by their work? Or don't the working class deserve healthcare?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 12:20 am

EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The working class are the ones I'm talking about. All the ones working for big companies that had nice affordable healthcare plans. It was a president making a totalitarian move destroying the current system in favor of his own. No one was given a choice. It was forced and madatory. That's dictatorial facism.

I think we both have irreconcilably different views of what constitutes working class. along with everything else.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 12:21 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Did everyone like the old healthcare plan? What about people who were just over the threshold for Medicaid but weren't getting health insurance provided by their work? Or don't the working class deserve healthcare?

the widespread middle/upper class belief here in amuuurica is that the working class are disposable schlubs.