Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 187 of 197 [ 3147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 197  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 3:30 am

carlos55 wrote:
Recent leaks confirm US lied about the state of the war.

Remember US confirm the leaked secret documents are real and they show a very different picture of what’s going on.

So we have public statements verses official secret assessment.

The only real surprise is why anyone would be surprised after gulf of Tonkin incident, Iraq WMD, the mighty afghan army people still believe the c**p they come out with.

All in the linked video

Keep in mind that it has been suggested SOME of the leaked information had been altered.
I haven't watched the video at this stage.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 3:52 am

Quote:
Update from Ukraine | Spy exposed plans of Ukrainian Counterattack | One Year after Moskva
Denys Davydov
622K subscribers
329,942 views Apr 14, 2023

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 9:26 pm

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 9:51 pm

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 11:44 am

Pepe wrote:

Keep in mind that it has been suggested SOME of the leaked information had been altered.
I haven't watched the video at this stage.

Oh, it has been altered, all right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFnEY2c ... nnel=MSNBC

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 4:35 pm

Ukrainian refugees are reaching out via fb for info and jobs. One local guy is having a hard time finding evening work in the service industry, another was seeking a bicycle to do deliveries with Or construction labour work which is much easier to get.

Another asked some questions about the local rental and job markets in another group as they’re in Ukraine now and heading to Canada. Several immigrants, refugees, and other locals responded and informed them that if they come to the Vancouver area life is going to be very very difficult financially and they may be better off going to the prairies for a few years first - especially if they have a family with them.. but solo they could struggle and survive here.

If I end up in a position to be able to offer rooms for rent I will give serious consideration to renting to a Ukrainian newcomer or two at as low a price as I can.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 4:58 pm

In my part of the USA, there is an extreme labor shortage. Employers are begging for employees.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 5:03 pm

Honey69 wrote:
In my part of the USA, there is an extreme labor shortage. Employers are begging for employees.

Here too, especially in construction. Housing is the struggle - the rental vacancy rate is extremely low and prices are through the stratosphere. It's not hard to get work if you're willing to do physical work, it's just hard to make enough money to afford to have a roof over your head IF you can find a place for rent because rents are ridiculously high compared to local incomes. Plenty of people working full time skilled jobs earning "good," money as far as the local economy goes but they can still only afford to rent a bedroom in shared accommodations because everything is very, very, expensive.. especially driving & food, too, so by the time you pay for those things you can't afford your own place. Etc. It's EXTREMELY difficult for people who rent and have multiple kids they need bedrooms for. I have no idea how those people are even hanging on month to month.. like by a thread I guess.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 11:47 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Ukrainian refugees are reaching out via fb for info and jobs. One local guy is having a hard time finding evening work in the service industry, another was seeking a bicycle to do deliveries with Or construction labour work which is much easier to get.

Another asked some questions about the local rental and job markets in another group as they’re in Ukraine now and heading to Canada. Several immigrants, refugees, and other locals responded and informed them that if they come to the Vancouver area life is going to be very very difficult financially and they may be better off going to the prairies for a few years first - especially if they have a family with them.. but solo they could struggle and survive here.

If I end up in a position to be able to offer rooms for rent I will give serious consideration to renting to a Ukrainian newcomer or two at as low a price as I can.

Good man. :heart:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 11:49 pm

Honey69 wrote:

Call the Mexican employment service. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 11:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Honey69 wrote:

Here too, especially in construction. Housing is the struggle - the rental vacancy rate is extremely low and prices are through the stratosphere. It's not hard to get work if you're willing to do physical work, it's just hard to make enough money to afford to have a roof over your head IF you can find a place for rent because rents are ridiculously high compared to local incomes. Plenty of people working full time skilled jobs earning "good," money as far as the local economy goes but they can still only afford to rent a bedroom in shared accommodations because everything is very, very, expensive.. especially driving & food, too, so by the time you pay for those things you can't afford your own place. Etc. It's EXTREMELY difficult for people who rent and have multiple kids they need bedrooms for. I have no idea how those people are even hanging on month to month.. like by a thread I guess.

Stop procreating.
Simples. 8)

The rental vacancy rate here in Australia is also very low...
And the Labor government wants to bring 300,000 more immigrants this year to bump up the economy.
The insanity!

Australia is FULL until we get the infrastructure and housing availability up to scratch, FFS. :roll:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2023, 2:51 am

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Honey69 wrote:

Stop procreating.
Simples. 8)

The rental vacancy rate here in Australia is also very low...
And the Labor government wants to bring 300,000 more immigrants this year to bump up the economy.
The insanity!

Australia is FULL until we get the infrastructure and housing availability up to scratch, FFS. :roll:

Birth rates in Canada are declining rapidly because $$$$$.

75% of Canadian population growth is from immigration. 2022 saw record numbers of newcomers (431,635 in one year) and it’s accelerating. 1.3 Million from 2016-2021.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... -2022.html

Same growing pain problems here. Some with infrastructure, mostly with housing.

But we’ll have to solve the problems by slashing red tape and deploying new technologies to build more housing faster because the flow of people is going to continue increasing - especially in decades ahead with climate change. Canada is one of the prime real estate spots on the planet sooooo people are going to come and we have to figure out how to welcome them.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2023, 3:05 am

goldfish21 wrote:

75% of Canadian population growth is from immigration. 2022 saw record numbers of newcomers (431,635 in one year) and it’s accelerating. 1.3 Million from 2016-2021.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... -2022.html

Same growing pain problems here. Some with infrastructure, mostly with housing.

But we’ll have to solve the problems by slashing red tape and deploying new technologies to build more housing faster because the flow of people is going to continue increasing - especially in decades ahead with climate change. Canada is one of the prime real estate spots on the planet sooooo people are going to come and we have to figure out how to welcome them.

Will you sponsor my visa application? :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2023, 11:41 pm

Quote:
Update from Ukraine | Drone Boats in Sevastopol, Crimea | Minus Rus Black Sea Marine Ship
Denys Davydov
629K subscribers
219K views 4 hours ago

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2023, 5:26 am

Quote:
Ukraine soldier fights off Russian assault after surviving explosion in terrifying Bakhmut footage
Daily Mail
2.31M subscribers
544,116 views Apr 20, 2023 BAKHMUT
Ukraine soldier fights off Russian assault after surviving explosion in terrifying Bakhmut footage | New footage from Ukraine's frontline shows intense fighting between Russian forces and entrenched defenders in the contested 'last road out of Bakhmut'. The clip shows the "Da Vinci Wolves" Ukrainian volunteer corps suppressing Russian forces trying to cross no-mans-land and assault a fortified position. Ukrainian forces are seen to recover quickly from a grenade explosion at the opening of the dug out, assessing injuries and reporting that 'orcs jumped into our trenches'. With little cover, they emerge to suppress the advancing Russians, taking positions around the bunker and gunning down targets as they crawl away. After months of intense fighting around the symbolically import city of Bakhmut, the end of winter is expected to mark a decisive turn in the war - though both sides have been reported to have challenges with equipment and replenishing lines.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2023, 8:39 pm

China’s Xi has first talks with Ukraine’s Zelenskyy since Russia's invasion

Quote:
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said he held a “long and meaningful call” with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Wednesday, a long-anticipated first contact between the leaders since Russia’s invasion 14 months ago.

Xi appealed for negotiations to begin between Moscow and Kyiv, according to a Chinese government readout of the call, which Beijing said was requested by Zelenskyy.

Xi pledged to send a "special representative" to Ukraine for talks about a "political settlement" — warning that "there is no winner in a nuclear war."

China hopes to become a neutral peace broker in the conflict, although the United States and others have questioned its impartiality given a "no limits" partnership that has seen it lend Moscow rhetorical and financial support. The absence of any talks between Beijing and Kyiv since the war began has only fueled that skepticism, though China has denied Western suggestions that it was considering arming Russia.

Beijing has been seeking to position itself as a diplomatic rival to Washington on the global stage, an effort that has gained impetus in recent months but which was dealt a setback by fury in Europe this week.

"On the Ukraine crisis, China always stands on the side of peace. Its core stance is to facilitate talks for peace," the Chinese readout of the call said. "As a permanent member of the U.N. Security Council and a responsible major country, China would not sit idly by, nor would it add oil to the fire, still less exploit the situation for self gains."

It added that "everything China does is aboveboard. Dialogue and negotiation are the only viable way forward."

Zelenskyy’s office said in a statement that “particular attention was paid to ways of possible interaction with the aim of establishing a just and sustainable peace for Ukraine.”

The statement also quoted Zelenskyy as saying, “Before the full-scale Russian invasion, China was Ukraine’s number one trade partner. I believe that our conversation today will provide a powerful impetus for the return, preservation, and development of this dynamic at all levels.”

Andrii Sybiha, deputy head of Zelenskyy's office, tweeted it was "one more important step forward to stop the war."

John Kirby, the National Security Council coordinator for strategic communications, said the U.S. welcomed the call as a "good thing."

"We’ve been saying for quite some time that we believe it’s important for President Xi and PRC officials to avail themselves of the Ukrainian perspective on this illegal and unprovoked invasion by Russia," Kirby said to reporters.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman