Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 3:26 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Quartz11 wrote:
Going across the country, we need a collapse of a oil based society.

But the point of this would be to head off such a crisis before it occurs so that infrastructure is in place before the collapse. I mean I can see how society will just continue on forward to the collapse without a structure in place but it'd be wise to at least try to set up some kind of structure beforehand for such a collapse as the oil based society. It'd be foolish to do nothing before such a collapse.

Yes, but I just think that society is remarkably shortsighted in regards to this sort of situation here.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 3:29 pm

ruveyn wrote:
The flat parts are privately owned.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00783.html

Ownership doesn't matter when the right people don't want it to.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 3:30 pm

Quartz11 wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Quartz11 wrote:
Going across the country, we need a collapse of a oil based society.

But the point of this would be to head off such a crisis before it occurs so that infrastructure is in place before the collapse. I mean I can see how society will just continue on forward to the collapse without a structure in place but it'd be wise to at least try to set up some kind of structure beforehand for such a collapse as the oil based society. It'd be foolish to do nothing before such a collapse.

Yes, but I just think that society is remarkably shortsighted in regards to this sort of situation here.

Yeah, we're not a society of preparation. Just retardation.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 3:53 pm

skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

The matter will be fought in the courts for a decade. That is one of the reasons we don't have a centrally planned economy.

ruveyn

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 3:54 pm

skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

That was a sad and disgusting day.

Having been to New London and seen this neighborhood, all they did was build one office complex and that was it. And then the company moved three years later anyway. The entire neighborhood got leveled for NOTHING.