Page 3 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 5:44 pm

Tequila wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Funny you didn't mention the Germans in that. Why is that parakeet?

Indeed. English comedies have made far more barbs against the Germans than against the Italians, say.

My point being, actually, is that parakeet had made it clear to me before that he doesn't think much of the Germans - I would imagine because of his notion as a scion of France, that he has to carry on any and all hostility against France's ancient enemy (even though France and Germany are today friends). That, or because of his fundie theology, in which Christ still holds the Jews alone as his Chosen People (so a bunch of them will die when Christ returns), and thus holds the Holocaust against the Germans, still.
Only parakeet can answer to his Germanaphobia.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 5:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
What about the racism of the English against the French, the Italians, and the Irish, and the Scottish, and the World in general? And I'm not talking about any singular political movement characterized by their detractors as NAZIs, but instead how it seems common, at least in BBC shows and such, for the French to be referred to as "frogs", the Italians as "degos" or "wops", the Irish as "patties", and so much other worthless and derogatory terminology equivalent to racist words that have been banned in Texas.

Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Because I don't know what derogatory term is used, unless it's the one that was on Hogan's Heroes, "Krauts". Is that it and did the English use it or still do?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 5:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
My point being, actually, is that parakeet had made it clear to me before that he doesn't think much of the Germans - I would imagine because of his notion as a scion of France, that he has to carry on any and all hostility against France's ancient enemy (even though France and Germany are today friends).

To be honest, I don't know many Germans but they've always been at least alright with me whenever I've met them. They like eating and drinking too much and they are very serious about it. Can't say I can fault them really. (And yes the people in their government and those running the EU are scumbags but the people aren't like that.)

Last edited by Tequila on 17 Jan 2012, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 5:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Indeed. English comedies have made far more barbs against the Germans than against the Italians, say.

My point being, actually, is that parakeet had made it clear to me before that he doesn't think much of the Germans - I would imagine because of his notion as a scion of France, that he has to carry on any and all hostility against France's ancient enemy (even though France and Germany are today friends). That, or because of his fundie theology, in which Christ still holds the Jews alone as his Chosen People (so a bunch of them will die when Christ returns), and thus holds the Holocaust against the Germans, still.
Only parakeet can answer to his Germanaphobia.

O_o

Okay, you are crazy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 5:49 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
What about the racism of the English against the French, the Italians, and the Irish, and the Scottish, and the World in general? And I'm not talking about any singular political movement characterized by their detractors as NAZIs, but instead how it seems common, at least in BBC shows and such, for the French to be referred to as "frogs", the Italians as "degos" or "wops", the Irish as "patties", and so much other worthless and derogatory terminology equivalent to racist words that have been banned in Texas.

Because I don't know what derogatory term is used, unless it's the one that was on Hogan's Heroes, "Krauts". Is that it and did the English use it or still do?

That or Gerrys (Jerrys).

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 5:49 pm

Oh, and iamnotaparakeet should never watch Love thy Neighbour. His head would burst open!

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 5:54 pm

Tequila wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
My point being, actually, is that parakeet had made it clear to me before that he doesn't think much of the Germans - I would imagine because of his notion as a scion of France, that he has to carry on any and all hostility against France's ancient enemy (even though France and Germany are today friends).

To be honest, I don't know many Germans but they've always been at least alright with me whenever I've met them. They like eating and drinking too much and they are very serious about it. Can't say I can fault them really. (And yes the people in their government and those running the EU are scumbags but the people aren't like that.)

Yeah, even during WW2, apart from the percentage of populace who actually were brainwashed, not every German was a bad guy. There were a few that protected the people who would have been shipped off to their deaths, even within places of authority, and a few who tried to kill Hitler even. I don't fault them any, the ones who opposed the crap of the Nazis. However, Bill there, had previously made posts which sounded like he was talking about the Germans as being the Ubermensches of humanity and that disgusted me and apparently he still holds that disagreement as a grudge. Oy veh dude.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 5:55 pm

Tequila wrote:
Oh, and iamnotaparakeet should never watch Love thy Neighbour. His head would burst open!

What the heck, even you are picking on me now? Good grief.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 5:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

That or Gerrys (Jerrys).

Heck, add that to the list of crap terminology in my question then:

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
What about the racism of the English against the French, the Italians, and the Irish, and the Germans, and the Scottish, and the World in general? And I'm not talking about any singular political movement characterized by their detractors as NAZIs, but instead how it seems common, at least in BBC shows and such, for the French to be referred to as "frogs", the Italians as "degos" or "wops", the Irish as "patties", and even the Germans of today still referred to by some as "gerrys", and so much other worthless and derogatory terminology equivalent to racist words that have been banned in Texas.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 5:58 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

I say that because the sheer amount of racist insults in it would leave you speechless, mainly.

Sambo, chocolate drop, Mick, honky, Big White Chief, Paleface, nig-nog, Paki, Eyetie, jungle bunny, wop, missionary... need I go on?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 6:04 pm

Tequila wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

I say that because the sheer amount of racist insults in it would leave you speechless, mainly.

Sambo, chocolate drop, Mick, honky, Big White Chief, Paleface, nig-nog, Paki, Eyetie, jungle bunny, wop, missionary... need I go on?

It would leave me confused as to how the terms even started. Aside from "wop", I hadn't even heard of the others, and why the heck would "missionary" even be among that list? Is it an insult to Americans acting as missionaries to Britain? Big White Chief? I've heard Mexicans and other Latin Americans use the term "gavacho" to refer to white people before I suppose, but usually racist people with darker skin usually just refer to lighter skinned people as "crackers", and Bill Kraichgauer there refers to Republicans and anyone he disagrees with at the moment as "crackers".

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 6:07 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
and why the heck would "missionary" even be among that list?

Because the black man (from the Caribbean) often makes jibes to the more obviously bigoted white character about white missionaries to Africa being eaten.

It's on YouTube if you want to watch it.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 6:16 pm

Tequila wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
and why the heck would "missionary" even be among that list?

Because the black man (from the Caribbean) often makes jibes to the more obviously bigoted white character about white missionaries to Africa being eaten.

It's on YouTube if you want to watch it.

Not particularly, but thanks for explaining that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 7:16 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yeah, even during WW2, apart from the percentage of populace who actually were brainwashed, not every German was a bad guy. There were a few that protected the people who would have been shipped off to their deaths, even within places of authority, and a few who tried to kill Hitler even. I don't fault them any, the ones who opposed the crap of the Nazis. However, Bill there, had previously made posts which sounded like he was talking about the Germans as being the Ubermensches of humanity and that disgusted me and apparently he still holds that disagreement as a grudge. Oy veh dude.

Ubermenches? Me? Seriously?
(Sigh) I've said it once on this forum, I've said it a thousand times - - humor goes over the heads of us Aspies constantly. And I include myself in regard to not getting humor because of the way the good Lord had made me. If you're referring to some previous back-and-forth between ruveyn and me, in which we were trying to one-up one another with our ancestors, we were definitely indulging in good natured ribbing.
Remember, I'm the guy who calls Republicans "crackers" (actually, I'm referring to the heartless Republicans who think having an education is a fault). People who are liberals are very rarely - if ever - the same who worship the Untermensch - German or otherwise.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 7:24 pm

Tequila wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Hell, my family have been Americans for the very most about a hundred fifty years, but I definitely eat way too much! And when I was younger, before I met my lovely wife, I definitely drank way more than I should have. I don't know if that can also be attributed to American mannerisms, or if that's somehow imprinted on my Teutonic DNA. :lol:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

Yeah, but you lot can't produce decent beer like the Germans can. ;)

(Joke, joke - American beer is some of the very best in the world. If you live in the U.S. and you don't think so, you're under-educated in beer or deranged.)