Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 1:25 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Sidenote Kraichgauer is the coolest Christian on Wrong Planet!

Why thank you very much; I appreciate the compliment! :D

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 1:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Your welcome and its true you dont take the bible literally and accept evolution and plus the stories of your wife and the pillow in Adult Autism forum hehe! Although I am an athiest i have respect for you and imo if God exists he would allow evolution to take place as his intelligent design since the environment constantly changes and also accept that the world and universe is by far older than how the creationists see it due to actual proof.The Bible is just a guidline on how you should act and ensure that your life isnt ruined imo enforced with stories and it should not be taken literally! During the time when the bible was written there was no science or understanding so humanity could only run on guesses and fairytales to simplifiy the explainations until science and logic came along! I think imo that if god exists he is nowhere near how the bible depicts of him and allows life to exist and sees if those of good will regardless of those who believe in his existence or not will go to heaven and not burn in eternity of hell.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 29 Aug 2014, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 2:02 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Your welcome and its true you dont take the bible literally and accept evolution and plus the stories of your wife and the pillow in Adult Autism forum hehe! Although I am an athiest i have respect for you and imo if God exists he would allow evolution to take place as his intelligent design since the environment constantly changes and also accept that the world and universe is by far older than how the creationists see it due to actual proof.

:thumleft:

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 10:31 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\ I hate dry counties and just about all the "blue laws" that I've ever heard of. :x
But I don't see them changing anytime soon since there are still too many people (a.k.a. voters) that want to keep things the way they are.

Fogman wrote:
All you can eat Barbecue Buffets for under $10. (Hello, many places in South Carolina)
Maybe Kraichgauer should move to South Carolina. :P

Believe it or not, I was about to post that. :lol:

You in S. Carolina would feel like a Jew in Nazi Germany. That's one blood red state and always has been.

In a way yes, In another way no.

Yeah, South Carolina is VERY conservative socially speaking. That same social conservatism knows no racial lines whatsoever. At the same time, Obama swept South Carolina in the 2008 election due to the fact that there are many majority black areas, nearly all of the black people, and quite a few white people as well voted for him in 2008 in the hopes that he would bring change. Here we are in 2014, and not too much has changed at all.

At the same time though, there is a very strong undercurrent that is quite sick and tired of all the social conservatism, classism, and 'christian' hypocracy, that does not ascribe or buy into to the whole 'leftist' party line, but is rather more of a progressive libertarian nature.

I think that the whole term 'progressive' has been misused, and misapplied not only in this thread, but by people in general here in the US as a stand in word to describe leftism in general.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 1:09 pm

Fogman wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\ I hate dry counties and just about all the "blue laws" that I've ever heard of. :x
But I don't see them changing anytime soon since there are still too many people (a.k.a. voters) that want to keep things the way they are.

Fogman wrote:
All you can eat Barbecue Buffets for under $10. (Hello, many places in South Carolina)

You in S. Carolina would feel like a Jew in Nazi Germany. That's one blood red state and always has been.

Yeah, South Carolina is VERY conservative socially speaking. That same social conservatism knows no racial lines whatsoever. At the same time, Obama swept South Carolina in the 2008 election due to the fact that there are many majority black areas, nearly all of the black people, and quite a few white people as well voted for him in 2008 in the hopes that he would bring change. Here we are in 2014, and not too much has changed at all.

At the same time though, there is a very strong undercurrent that is quite sick and tired of all the social conservatism, classism, and 'christian' hypocracy, that does not ascribe or buy into to the whole 'leftist' party line, but is rather more of a progressive libertarian nature.

I think that the whole term 'progressive' has been misused, and misapplied not only in this thread, but by people in general here in the US as a stand in word to describe leftism in general.

I said that more in jest than anything since Kraichgauer thinks the south is still living in the antebellum or at least the segregation era.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 7:31 pm

Raptor wrote:
I said that more in jest than anything since Kraichgauer thinks the south is still living in the antebellum or at least the segregation era.

Sadly, there are people who want to bring that back, the League of the South stands out, as did a group called South Carolina Exodus, who essentially wanted Jesus People to move to SC from all over the country so they could secede and form their very own Jesusland.

The area around Columbia, SC kind of sticks out because of it's history during the original Secession, when it was the place where the articles of Sececcsion were drawn up and signed.

Also, Aryan Nations blowhard August Kreis used to live in the area. Then too, The American Nazi party is based in Laurens, and apparently holds their meetings in the Redneck Museum.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 8:55 pm

There used to be blue laws here when I was a kid.One of the things you couldn't buy were panty hose.I guess those are sinful. :D
My county is dry,I drive to the next county for beer.They proudly have a big sign that says no more beer for 97.5 miles.They get lots of business. :D
The region I live is not as bible happy,the parts store has some religious stuff up,but that's it.
The most religious highway signs I've ever seen were in Nebraska,they were every where.Giant Jesuses popping out of the corn.Sort of creepy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 12:36 am

Raptor wrote:
Fogman wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Fogman wrote:

Far from it - there are many places in the south that have had incredible social advancement. It's the conservative areas in both the south, and my own west coat - and elsewhere - , that I still fight to get the truth to.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 4:06 am

You might be in the bible belt, if marijuana is still illegal(of course this is not just limited to the bible belt)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 5:27 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
You might be in the bible belt, if marijuana is still illegal(of course this is not just limited to the bible belt)

If that's the standard for the Bible Belt, then I can say with legalization, Washington state is not anywhere near it.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 7:51 am

Misslizard wrote:
There used to be blue laws here when I was a kid.One of the things you couldn't buy were panty hose.I guess those are sinful. :D
My county is dry,I drive to the next county for beer.They proudly have a big sign that says no more beer for 97.5 miles.They get lots of business. :D
The region I live is not as bible happy,the parts store has some religious stuff up,but that's it.
The most religious highway signs I've ever seen were in Nebraska,they were every where.Giant Jesuses popping out of the corn.Sort of creepy.

I can understand that. If I were to arrive there I'd buy lots of beer, and then turn around anyway. A sign like that is scary. I'd feel like I'd be entering Taliban-territory. If there's more churches or mosques than bars or liquor stores, something is wrong.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Aug 2014, 8:26 am

I love the dialogue between Kraichgauer and Raptor. If a Bald Eagle ever alights in Bill's garden, I think he would get run indoors at once! :lol:

In this image, Raptor has just delivered a personal appeal to Congress.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 10:49 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Fogman wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Fogman wrote:

Far from it - there are many places in the south that have had incredible social advancement. It's the conservative areas in both the south, and my own west coat - and elsewhere - , that I still fight to get the truth to.

Only after you were educated about it here on this forum......

NothingToSeeHere
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Aug 2014, 10:55 am

I'm really curious... what's the issue with Fox News? I'm guessing from the dialogue in this thread that it's not a news channel like the name suggests? (I apologise for invading this amusing American thread with my British ignorance :p )

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 10:57 am

envirozentinel wrote:
I love the dialogue between Kraichgauer and Raptor.

Doesn't take much to amuse you....

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Aug 2014, 11:00 am

Far from it - there are many places in the south that have had incredible social advancement. It's the conservative areas in both the south, and my own west coat - and elsewhere - , that I still fight to get the truth to.[/quote]

Kraichgauer, why do you keep a conservative coat and not give it to hospice or something? It has no place in your wardrobe. :lol: