San Francisco is the result of full Democrat control

Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 11:06 pm

i don't know how anybody with any neurons at all could give a GGMFD about whether she was indian or martian or whatever the phuq. she wants to help people like me, that is all that matters to me. i ain't gonna swallow the kookaid that says i should fall on my sword so that the upper class can profit yet more obscenely like what the GOP keeps sayin'.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 11:09 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
She was going with the claim that she was Native American until the test came back and proved she was lying the whole time. She's a fraud that is being pushed as some kind of progressive. Trump will obliterate her.

Warren wasn't lying. She was only repeating what had been told her by her family. On the other hand, Trump and his old man lied about being of Swedish descent in order to hide the fact that they were German, which they were very ashamed of. Needless to say, as an American of German extraction, that pi$$es me off.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 11:10 pm

mee GD too! :x

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 11:16 pm

auntblabby wrote:
mee GD too! :x

:thumleft:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 1:08 am

Why do you people try to cover up reality?

SHE TOOK THE TEST TO TRY AND PROVE SHE WAS A NATIVE AMERICAN.

She failed :lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politi ... ity-227912

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 1:19 am

because that particular "reality" simply doesn't matter. it has no real-world effect on anything that matters.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 6:20 am

Re Elizabeth Warren : There are genealogical ancestors and genetic ancestors .

https://gcbias.org/2013/11/11/how-does- ... over-time/

I do know that anything below 2% is regarded as noise unless proven otherwise.

Last edited by firemonkey on 28 Aug 2019, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 6:25 am

the genetics are such a honkin' triviality, i don't know how anybody with 2 neurons to rub together can expend so much energy fussing about it.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 6:52 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
She was going with the claim that she was Native American until the test came back and proved she was lying the whole time. She's a fraud that is being pushed as some kind of progressive. Trump will obliterate her.

Warren wasn't lying. She was only repeating what had been told her by her family. On the other hand, Trump and his old man lied about being of Swedish descent in order to hide the fact that they were German, which they were very ashamed of. Needless to say, as an American of German extraction, that pi$$es me off.

Yup. This kind of Indian/Cherokee lore is extremely common in old stock white families, and lots of people have stubbornly clung to it. Strange how so many white conservatives, and you know many of them have this lore, seem to forget about this when it comes to Warren.

https://www.quora.com/Do-you-hold-it-ag ... orningstar

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 7:16 am

Me thinks it was deliberate fakery, she did because it being native american would help her with affirmative action and later on used it to earn her brownie points with the intersectional left.

Do other politicians do a lot worse, of course many of them. But it is still a pretty bad ethical breech.

How would we react if a politician said he was autistic and then it turns out a psychologist told him he has a few minor autistic traits? If anybody remembers the anger the Seinfeld claim a few years back caused here you have a pretty good idea.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 7:47 am

a pol's idiosyncratic conceits are far less important than their aims, plans and actions in office.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 9:15 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Me thinks it was deliberate fakery, she did because it being native american would help her with affirmative action and later on used it to earn her brownie points with the intersectional left.

Do other politicians do a lot worse, of course many of them. But it is still a pretty bad ethical breech.

How would we react if a politician said he was autistic and then it turns out a psychologist told him he has a few minor autistic traits? If anybody remembers the anger the Seinfeld claim a few years back caused here you have a pretty good idea.

Nope. She did not materially benefit from claiming to be Native:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation ... story.html

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 9:21 am

She still should not have claimed Native ancestry. Bad move on her part.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 9:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
i know for a bloody fact, that if the GOP were in control, they'd do more juvenile sht like put 'em on buses and send 'em to other cities [this happens for a fact!], ban charities from offering them food [ft. lauderdale et al], chase them all over the place. how humane is that? the democratic way leaves lots to be desired but at least it is not outright evil.

I'm not familiar with policies like that, but have read about them in the context of being struck down by courts. What I am familiar with is arrest and detention of homeless, or intervention. Police have what is known as community outreach, often by bike patrol, who will talk with homeless and get them treatment or placement in a halfway house if they are agreeable to it. If not, it becomes a cycle of arrest/detention. Also, a lot of the homeless check themselves in to psychiatric clinics, where by law they are guarranteed 72 hours of rest and food if they declare they are suicidal and want to kill themselves. Some people use this as a way to get a break from their families or other problems. It is highly abused to the point where most people at the clinics are what I just described, posers. Medicare pays the cost, i.e. your tax money. Another little wrinkle in the problem.

Probably a well-managed, well-funded halfway house or prison camp, if you will, located in a rural area far away from the merchants of drugs and alcohol would be the best solution, but I doubt Republicans would want to forward any tax money for it. A place where folks could end their addictions, get medication for psychiatric problems, and learn to do little jobs to support themselves. I read some homeless can manage working 3-4 hours a day. That should be enough to get food, maintain a tiny subsidized home with heating and cooling. But again, funding? Big problem for conservatives. Also this would have to be involuntary commitment like what we do with the mentally ill that want to harm themselves or others, because many homeless like being free to pursue their meth, pot, alcohol, smack, or whatever it is that amuses them. So it would violate their rights and be offensive to liberals.

But, what happens when you get these big ghettos of homeless, and children start being produced in large numbers, all of which need to get educated and brought up by their parents require subsidy, and suddenly you have a growing population that needs to be subsidized? So that may be why the Republicans want to be mean and cruel and kind of bring in Social Darwinism to bear on these people. The G.O.P. believes in the carrot and stick approach and has no problem using the stick, just like with people on welfare and food stamps.

Last edited by Gentleman Argentum on 28 Aug 2019, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 9:22 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
She still should not have claimed Native ancestry. Bad move on her part.

It is what it is. It's not an individual failing, though, but a general social failing common among many white people.

To me, it reflects less on her and more on the culture.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 9:26 am

It reflects a little bit on both, in my opinion.

Anyway-----people are usually more tolerant of transgressions such as these than previously.

She's still considered a viable candidate. At least this is out in the open, and the storm has somewhat passed.