Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Vichy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jul 2008, 8:56 pm

'America' isn't a real thing, though. I mean it's a place, and some people live there, but using 'America' the way people do, "For the good of America' or 'to make America strong'...that's all nonsense. You can't apply individual attributes to collective nouns.

'American' is only an ethnicity to the extent which centralized power has stamped out individual culture, as the French government did through the building of Statism in the later kings and finally in the reduction of semi-independent localities to slave 'departments'. Cultural monism, through government education and often media and art (either directly or indirectly controlled and subsidized) destroys real culture the same way it destroys real people.

BallisticMystic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2008, 7:27 am

I consider myself an american for the same reason I consider myself christian, they are both an average of the world. America is an average of cultures from around the globe, christianity is an average of religions around the globe, the english language and more accurately american english is an average of languages around the globe. All of these succeeded because they "allowed" this mixing to occur and thereby absorbed any other culture, religion, or language they've come in contact with.

My heritage is mostly english, but my particular branch of the family tree broke from the blue bloods to come over here and when they did they left that heritage behind. Where as most people in america think of themselves as whatever heritage they came from, when people ask me what my nationality is, I say I'm American because I know what it means and I believe in the way we're doing things.

Why the averages?

To create an absolute mean average human being. This was the aim of NASA's Apollo program, to create the "Son of Man" according to the measures encoded in the Great Pyramid and the pattern encoded in the Bible. Nobody knows about it because it is the occult or hidden side of what all these acronymed agencies are up to. Being perfectly average doesn't sound like much at first, but because of what is possible with it, he would be the most powerful being that ever walked the face of the earth.

I mean real power, the power to effect change on a global scale, this is the one man with the power to change the world and because his nature is dead center average, he would by default be loyal only to the Whole and not any part within that whole.

E. Pluribus Unum - "From many - One", that is what this means. By being perfectly average he would "contain" the whole by being a proportionally accurate representation of it... the ultimate microcosm. Everything in creation is musical and follows music theory. This is where "magic" comes in, thru something NASA calls "acoustic stepping and gating" he would be in "Holy Correspondence" or in perfect harmonic accord with the Whole.

This means that every move this Son of Man made would be an accurate representation of what is going on in the world, the world here meaning the whole of creation, the whole pattern of life. Once it is figured out what is going on and what we need to do by using him as a universal observatory, he could then be powered up to effect changes through the same acoustic stepping and gating. Every move he made, every thought, every physical gesture would effect the same changes throughout the whole of creation.

This is all going on both "out in the world" and within you, since what is out in the world is merely a distorted reflection of what is within you. You don't have to worry about who it is or finding him because he is YOU.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 4:40 pm

That's very interesting Ballistic Mystic. You could also substitute 'perfectly balanced' for 'average' and that would perhaps emphasize the positive nature of the quest.

It's something that the ancient cultures like the Egyptians and before them,the Sumerians and Phoenicians probably thought more about than we do in our so-called modern world.In fact there is a theory that America takes it's name from a celestial body known as 'Merica' to another ancient race,the Mandaeans.

Of course,we have to trust that all our American friends will use their position of ultimately
representing a microcosm of the world in a positive way !

BallisticMystic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Aug 2008, 2:34 pm

pluto wrote:
That's very interesting Ballistic Mystic. You could also substitute 'perfectly balanced' for 'average' and that would perhaps emphasize the positive nature of the quest.

It's something that the ancient cultures like the Egyptians and before them,the Sumerians and Phoenicians probably thought more about than we do in our so-called modern world.In fact there is a theory that America takes it's name from a celestial body known as 'Merica' to another ancient race,the Mandaeans.

Of course,we have to trust that all our American friends will use their position of ultimately
representing a microcosm of the world in a positive way !

I see averaging as a means to an end. Averaging as the functional tool, perfect balance or "grace" as the desired achievement. This world is scalar, meaning we put everything on a scale between opposing opposites. By finding the average in all of these (the mean average being the perfect fulcrum or balance point), we are in effect "balancing the scales".

Dogbrain
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2008, 2:49 pm

Two questions keep being skirted and need explicit answers to produce a fruitful conclusion.

1: What is an ethnicity?
2: What is an American?

The classification of the people of this country has vexed Europeans and Americans for centuries. The book Paddy and the Republic talked about this issue from the standpoint of how the Irish in the USA were defined before the US Civil War.

Dogbrain
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2008, 2:55 pm

pluto wrote:
In fact there is a theory that America takes it's name from a celestial body known as 'Merica' to another ancient race,the Mandaeans.

"America" takes its name from the feminized latin form of the Italian name "Amerigo", the first name of "Amerigo Vespucci", one of the first Europeans to conclude that the lands across the Atlantic were not Asia but a new continent. The name "Amerigo" is the Italian form of "Emeric", itself a form of "Amalric", which is from Germanic roots "-amal-" (labor) and "-ric" (king or power). Thus, the name "America" would allegedly mean something like "she who works hard"

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 6:31 pm

Dogbrain wrote:
pluto wrote:
In fact there is a theory that America takes it's name from a celestial body known as 'Merica' to another ancient race,the Mandaeans.

"America" takes its name from the feminized latin form of the Italian name "Amerigo", the first name of "Amerigo Vespucci", one of the first Europeans to conclude that the lands across the Atlantic were not Asia but a new continent. The name "Amerigo" is the Italian form of "Emeric", itself a form of "Amalric", which is from Germanic roots "-amal-" (labor) and "-ric" (king or power). Thus, the name "America" would allegedly mean something like "she who works hard"

I'm aware of the Amerigo Vespucci story,
which is the line that 'official history' follows however there is a theory that this alleged connection was merely a coincidence,which
was given credence when an eccentric
French publisher called Waldseemuller
printed it as fact in his 1507 book called
Cosmographiae Introductio.The power of
the printing press ensured that this version
spread but there were always doubts (after
all,why name it for Vespucci and not Columbus himself?). It's widely accepted
that many ancient explorers such as the
Phoenicians and Vikings knew about America centuries earlier.A number of cultures in
in Europe and the Middle East had a belief in an idyllic land far to the west over the ocean.
One belief that has been handed down to the Mandaean people (of Iraq) is that this land was marked in the sky by a star called 'Merica'.
To support the fact that America was known
before Columbus,here in Scotland at Rosslyn
Chapel (as seen in The Da Vinci Code) there
are carvings which include aloe cactus and corn.These plants were unique to America
however the carvings were made no later
than 1470 - 22 years before Columbus
landed there.
Of course,it could be that the Vespucci
version is true after all,but it's definitely
open to question !

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 8:16 pm

It is widely accepted that the Vikings had discovered Vinland, but not that anyone else of the old world did.

Dogbrain
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2008, 11:10 am

pluto wrote:
Of course,it could be that the Vespucci
version is true after all,but it's definitely
open to question !

Of course, it could be that the heliocentric model of the solar system is true after all, but according to flat-earthers, it's definitely open to question. It is possible to find a lunatic occultic fantasy behind anything.

Dogbrain
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2008, 11:11 am

twoshots wrote:
It is widely accepted that the Vikings had discovered Vinland, but not that anyone else of the old world did.

The peanut is neither a pea, nor is it a nut.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 3:11 pm

Dogbrain wrote:
twoshots wrote:

Come again?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 3:57 pm

UncleBeer wrote:
Fred2670 wrote:
UncleBeer wrote:
Careful; Alex has already ruled that folks who don't cotton to folks of other nationalities are racists. Proceed at your own risk.

Nationalities?

Yep. I posted this picture last year. It's "Zwarte Piet" (Black Pete), Dutch Santa's helper. He's a bumbling slave who's always portrayed by a white person in blackface, with a fro and big red lips.

By my pointing out the racist nature of this Dutch tradition, Alex accused me of being a racist. 8O

did you explain that clearly to him? maybe he thought the image wasn't necessary to get the point across that the dutch do performances in blackface (which most of us already know is racist).

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 3:58 pm

twoshots wrote:
Dogbrain wrote:
twoshots wrote:

Come again?

pea nut...peanut

vi nland...vi king.

...at least that's my stab at trying to grab some kind of logic out of what he's said.

UncleBeer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 4:34 pm

skafather84 wrote:
UncleBeer wrote:
Fred2670 wrote:
UncleBeer wrote:
Careful; Alex has already ruled that folks who don't cotton to folks of other nationalities are racists. Proceed at your own risk.

Nationalities?

Yep. I posted this picture last year. It's "Zwarte Piet" (Black Pete), Dutch Santa's helper. He's a bumbling slave who's always portrayed by a white person in blackface, with a fro and big red lips.

By my pointing out the racist nature of this Dutch tradition, Alex accused me of being a racist. 8O

did you explain that clearly to him?

Absolutely. In many PMs. Also to various mods, who quickly turned their heads. :?

To date, no sign of resolution. :(

Dogbrain
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2008, 4:49 pm

twoshots wrote:
Dogbrain wrote:
twoshots wrote:

Come again?

If you're going to play non-sequitor, I'll just take it to the next logical step.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 5:02 pm

Dogbrain wrote:
twoshots wrote:
Dogbrain wrote:
twoshots wrote:

Come again?

If you're going to play non-sequitor, I'll just take it to the next logical step.

If 'peanut' has no connection with pea nut,they just look similar,then it supports my argument that 'America' doesn't necessarily have a connection to Amerigo,they just
look similar. :wink: