Page 4 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should the USA ban these 8 items in food?
Yes, all of them 54%  54%  [ 15 ]
Some yes, some no 29%  29%  [ 8 ]
None of them should be banned in the USA 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 28

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 3:54 am

abacacus wrote:
Defending the use of poison in food is a symptom of a disease called idiocy. There is no cure, and it always results in death.

Not when they change the definition of "poison" every few years. Alkaloids are poisons, caffeine and theobromine (to name just two) are alkaloids; are you saying that people who defend chocolate and coffee are idiots?

- Rick Sanchez

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 6:24 am

PM wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
I am Sorry if I misunderstood you, but I simply dont know else you meant that with the starting of "It is the parents responsibility to know what they are feeding their children, not mine, not yours, and not anyone else's. " It sounded for me, that children should be doomed to their parents, and others are not allowed to influence in any way.

I am sorry, if I misunderstood you, and you meant it the exact opposite way, but then I really dont understand your starting sentence?

I'm saying that you, first and foremost, are responsible for what you're children consume, not the government.

So if someone does a crime on me, a grown up person, at least able to defend myself in some situations, I have the right that the government helps me as well. But if someone absolutly helpless gets poisoned by its parents, the government shall watch and do nothing, because of that person being completely helpless?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 9:58 am

Chicken does have arsenic in it,my brother in law had eight Tyson houses.Arsenic also makes the chickens thirsty so they drink more water ,then they weigh more.He would NOT eat chicken.That say a lot when the farmer won't touch what he raises.Plus chicken houses are incredibly inhumane.Any product that is likely to cause illness should be banned,it will only cost more in medical bills down the road.And antibiotics in food are one of the reason we see antibiotic resistant bacteria.A free range chicken has flavor,you can tell for sure it is free range by the bones,they will be sturdy and hard to bend,chicken house raised poultry has rubbery bones.The poor turkeys can barely stand by processing time.
I suppose Raptor mixes agent orange in with his juice every morning.That was a real safe chemical wasn't it?Dioxin in the coffee?In south Ark pregnant women and children can't eat the fish out some of the rivers because the dioxin levels are to high.
Do you have that dog on a leash?Everydog I ever knew loved to roll in stink,and eat gross stuff.the rolling in smelly stuff is a throw back to their wolf days.When hunting the smell of dung would mask the wolf scent,dogs love to roll in cow dung.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 10:11 am

Raptor must have sissified his dog somehow.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 10:19 am

Misslizard wrote:
In south Ark pregnant women and children can't eat the fish out some of the rivers because the dioxin levels are to high.

As a pregnant you are generally adviced to avoid nearly every fish (because of increasing number of metal substances), wild mushrooms (because of them collecting radio active and metal substances that are increasing due to atom tests, Cernobyl, Fukushima, ....) and all kind of wild deer eating lots of mushrooms and roots like boars and so on, fruits and vegetables that have been treated with certain anti-insects stuff, industrial milk and flesh (specially industrial chicken) products because of them having from productions lots of hormones, influencing the propper development of the unborn child...

Brave new world, we will inherit to them. :)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 10:25 am

Dox47 wrote:
abacacus wrote:
Defending the use of poison in food is a symptom of a disease called idiocy. There is no cure, and it always results in death.

Not when they change the definition of "poison" every few years. Alkaloids are poisons, caffeine and theobromine (to name just two) are alkaloids; are you saying that people who defend chocolate and coffee are idiots?

Whatever the Food Nazis do not approve of they call poison.

ruveyn

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 10:46 am

So I am not really fit in english language, but around here chocolate and coffee are normally not called food, but an "Genußmittel" = (best translations I can get) consumption-ressource. While the word food is more used for "really" food. So as example a normal yoghurt with normal fruit is "food", while a pudding or artificial sweetie-yoghurt would be "Consumption-ressource" So I think its more obvious for people, that chocolate and coffee is something you can eat for general, but that you need to take care for the right amount and the misadvantages, because of them having no food-use (in the meaning of being no everyday normal food you use for feeding yourself during day), but something that you simply eat out of enjoyment, just as you smoke a cigarette or drink wine. (Which are in german language as well "consumption-foods".

And yop, according to how dangerous the misadvantages are, I think most of us believe that its pretty normal that some of that "consumption-ressources" are forbidden to feed to children. When it comes to substances, that offer no enjoying benefit at all, as chocolate does, but only offer negative disadvantages, I dont see whats so bad about something that is simply no food, and additional also no "consumption-ressource", because of it delivering no pro for the one who eat its, not calling food and not to allow company to sell stuff, that is no food, as food. To buy chemicals, DIY-stores exist. ^^

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 11:17 am

ruveyn wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
abacacus wrote:

Whatever the Food Nazis do not approve of they call poison.

ruveyn

We grant our approval for coffee and unsweetened chocolate (cacao), in moderation, due to their potential health benefits outweighing the health risks.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/coffee ... th/AN01354

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/antioxi ... -3990.html

http://www.examiner.com/article/chromiu ... nny-coffee

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 11:59 am

Dox47 wrote:
abacacus wrote:

The concentrations of those chemicals in those foods isn't harmful unless you're hell bent on cramming as much coffee and chocolate into your body as you can, and other chemicals in coffee and chocolate are actually good for you if you don't over do it.

Arsenic, however? Or vegetables modified to produce pesticides themselves? Where are the benefits? It's just poison, it *will* kill you.

You will reap what you've sown.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 12:47 pm

What people arent realizing is that this food they're saying is "poison" meets FDA and USDA standards.
So, that means either their complaints are unfounded OR the agencies they want to step in and regulate everything for them are F'ed up because they are already regulating everything.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 1:31 pm

They say a lot of things are safe,things that have no business in food.Why does a kid need a bright red lollipop made with red#whatever when they use natural red dye from beets in Europe?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 1:35 pm

Misslizard wrote:
They say a lot of things are safe,things that have no business in food.Why does a kid need a bright red lollipop made with red#whatever when they use natural red dye from beets in Europe?

Yeah, use red paint as a dye instead.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 8:22 pm

I bet you buy really expensive chemical free dog food for your pet.You wouldn't give it red paint to eat.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 8:30 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I bet you buy really expensive chemical free dog food for your pet.You wouldn't give it red paint to eat.

I might. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 8:35 pm

Misslizard wrote:

I do feed my dog holistic dogfood but then again I like my dog more than any person.

ArrantPariah wrote:
I might. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You'd poison a dog?
You're as bad as dog killer Ruveyn.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 8:37 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Ah, les sucettes françaises. Nothing better.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3RwVOSpcVo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmrY2dz550o[/youtube]