Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 11:07 am

envirozentinel wrote:
I love the dialogue between Kraichgauer and Raptor. If a Bald Eagle ever alights in Bill's garden, I think he would get run indoors at once! :lol:

In this image, Raptor has just delivered a personal appeal to Congress.

Did he poop on their heads during his flyover?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 11:12 am

/\ Swooped down and scratched their eyes out.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 4:18 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Far from it - there are many places in the south that have had incredible social advancement. It's the conservative areas in both the south, and my own west coat - and elsewhere - , that I still fight to get the truth to.

Kraichgauer, why do you keep a conservative coat and not give it to hospice or something? It has no place in your wardrobe. :lol:[/quote]

Okay, you got me on letting my editorial skills slip. :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 4:22 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I love the dialogue between Kraichgauer and Raptor. If a Bald Eagle ever alights in Bill's garden, I think he would get run indoors at once! :lol:

In this image, Raptor has just delivered a personal appeal to Congress.

I actually live in an apartment, so I don't get to have a garden - I did grow up in a house where the greater part of the backyard was a garden, though (gardening was my dad's Aspie obsession). But if I did see a bald eagle land close by, I'd most certainly grab my camera - and make sure both my cats were safe inside.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 4:25 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Fogman wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\ I hate dry counties and just about all the "blue laws" that I've ever heard of. :x
But I don't see them changing anytime soon since there are still too many people (a.k.a. voters) that want to keep things the way they are.

Fogman wrote:
All you can eat Barbecue Buffets for under $10. (Hello, many places in South Carolina)
Maybe Kraichgauer should move to South Carolina. :P

Believe it or not, I was about to post that. :lol:

You in S. Carolina would feel like a Jew in Nazi Germany. That's one blood red state and always has been.

In a way yes, In another way no.

Yeah, South Carolina is VERY conservative socially speaking. That same social conservatism knows no racial lines whatsoever. At the same time, Obama swept South Carolina in the 2008 election due to the fact that there are many majority black areas, nearly all of the black people, and quite a few white people as well voted for him in 2008 in the hopes that he would bring change. Here we are in 2014, and not too much has changed at all.

At the same time though, there is a very strong undercurrent that is quite sick and tired of all the social conservatism, classism, and 'christian' hypocracy, that does not ascribe or buy into to the whole 'leftist' party line, but is rather more of a progressive libertarian nature.

I think that the whole term 'progressive' has been misused, and misapplied not only in this thread, but by people in general here in the US as a stand in word to describe leftism in general.

I said that more in jest than anything since Kraichgauer thinks the south is still living in the antebellum or at least the segregation era.

Far from it - there are many places in the south that have had incredible social advancement. It's the conservative areas in both the south, and my own west coat - and elsewhere - , that I still fight to get the truth to.

Only after you were educated about it here on this forum......

Not even close - I've known of profound southern liberals such as Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and the good people who voted for them, as well as islands of blue like Austin in vast red seas.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 6:46 pm

/\ That's been a recent development, then.....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 7:52 pm

Raptor wrote:

So you consider the Carter and Clinton Presidencies to have been recent? Because I don't, unless your going by geologic time.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 8:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

So you consider the Carter and Clinton Presidencies to have been recent? Because I don't, unless your going by geologic time.

No, that your partisan blinders are about 1mm smaller than before but I'm sure that'll change back once we get closer to the 2016 elections......

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 8:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
You might be in the bible belt, if marijuana is still illegal(of course this is not just limited to the bible belt)

If that's the standard for the Bible Belt, then I can say with legalization, Washington state is not anywhere near it.

But I thought they legalized it....what the hell, then again the legalization here is not so great either...comes with very high prices if you go through dispensaries that also sell recreational same weed just more expensive if you don't have a MMJ card. But there are other sources people still rely on...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 8:34 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
You might be in the bible belt, if marijuana is still illegal(of course this is not just limited to the bible belt)

If that's the standard for the Bible Belt, then I can say with legalization, Washington state is not anywhere near it.

But I thought they legalized it....what the hell, then again the legalization here is not so great either...comes with very high prices if you go through dispensaries that also sell recreational same weed just more expensive if you don't have a MMJ card. But there are other sources people still rely on...

Yes, pot's legal here in Washington these days. Sorry if I hadn't made myself clear.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 8:35 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

No, that your partisan blinders are about 1mm smaller than before but I'm sure that'll change back once we get closer to the 2016 elections......

Kinda like your political blinders?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 8:58 pm

/\ I think it's an accurate statement that I'm a little less partisan than you.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 10:48 pm

Whenever I see the words Bible Belt I picture a belt resembling a charm bracelet with a series of bible charms hanging off it, all around, with a Bible Belter wearing it, of course.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 11:42 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\ I think it's an accurate statement that I'm a little less partisan than you.

That's a matter of opinion.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 11:51 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Whenever I see the words Bible Belt I picture a belt resembling a charm bracelet with a series of bible charms hanging off it, all around, with a Bible Belter wearing it, of course.

When I read 'bible belt' I get an image of Miss Trunchbull from Matilda.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 11:58 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

Nothing to do with being in the Bible Belt.

However: If they both (a) get hysterical about adults smoking pot, AND (b) see nothing wrong with an eight year old child shooting a real uzi at a firing range - then...yeah- THAT might mean you're in the Bible Belt!