Love, Misogyny, Imdividualism and Competition

Page 4 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 9:15 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
When I say "help and assistance" why do people in the USA automatically assume government handout? Help and Assistance is much more. It is also the community of people helping the one person with day to day living and maybe teaching them what they need to know on how to metaphorically how to fish and farm or in today's world how to obtain a job, succeed at it and be true to yourself. This is what I mean.

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.....

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 4:26 pm

Raptor wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
When I say "help and assistance" why do people in the USA automatically assume government handout? Help and Assistance is much more. It is also the community of people helping the one person with day to day living and maybe teaching them what they need to know on how to metaphorically how to fish and farm or in today's world how to obtain a job, succeed at it and be true to yourself. This is what I mean.

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.....

I don't agree. You have to be able to get the man to be healthy enough to be taught. Then you can teach him to fish.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 7:53 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

I don't agree. You have to be able to get the man to be healthy enough to be taught. Then you can teach him to fish.

Why automatically assume he's sick?
:roll:

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 9:21 pm

Raptor wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

Sorry! Wrote it wrong. I only partially agree. It applies only if he is sick. If he isn't mentally or physically then teach him.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 10:11 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

Sorry! Wrote it wrong. I only partially agree. It applies only if he is sick. If he isn't mentally or physically then teach him.

It's a proverb, not a detailed plan of action.
It means that it's generally better to teach people to take care of themselves than to do it for them It's not one size fits all and it's not even about fishing.
The problem is that the left is more interested in stealing from the haves they resent so much than helping the have-nots.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 11:45 pm

Quote:

I know, I just think the proverb is incomplete.

Quote:
It means that it's generally better to teach people to take care of themselves than to do it for them It's not one size fits all and it's not even about fishing.

Agreed but if needed they would have to be made to where they could be taught.

Quote:
The problem is that the left is more interested in stealing from the haves they resent so much than helping the have-nots.

How do you figure? I thought that is why the left do what they do because they want to help the have nots. Can you explain further please?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 11:45 pm

Stealing?Really?The more money you have the more taxes you should pay,how is that stealing?
So everyone on the left is dirt poor and has to commit larceny against the wealthy?Like I'm really planning to burglarize the Koch's right now.
Show me some Liberal larceny.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 12:00 am

Raptor, question. You state

Quote:
The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

What if the Tree of Liberty becomes the tyrant?

https://whyifailedinamerica1.wordpress. ... le-rights/

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 12:17 am

You cut it down with a chainsaw,preferably a Stihl.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 12:35 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tTkHJWxfP0[/youtube]

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 8:58 am

Quote:
I am not entirely certain what is being referred to if anything in particular, so I will answer in general as best as I can.

American standards, beliefs and values.

Quote:
I see some people who hustle others an make everything a competition, but I also see plenty of other people who are charitable and help others - sometimes at a loss to themselves. Societies are corporations composed of individuals who individually have their own values and philosophies.

True, there are charities but in some of the charities how much of that money goes to actually helping those they claim they're helping?

Another question, do these charitable people actually want to be charitable and help others or do they do so because they want to look good for others and pad their resumes?

Quote:
Whenever anyone talks about spiritual stuff without specifying, it makes me want to say, "WTF?". And yes, I may seem like a hypocrite for not following Paul's squawking against plebeian vulgarity in favor of patrician language, but, and yes this may just be a justification, Elijah had taunted the priests of baal suggesting that perhaps their god wasn't responding because he was too busy sh*tting. If vulgarity is a sin, let God deal with me, because I'm sick of all the unnecessary fences of the type of "don't even touch" whereas the commandment was only "do not eat".

I was using symbolism.

Quote:
For the amount of objectification done, sometimes it is done by members of the group which complains the most about being objectified in order to control or influence members of the opposite which are easily distracted by the mere physical form of those who complain about being objectified. It doesn't make it any better, but it's not just one group doing the objectification to the other.

Well, life isn't fair, right? I'm using irony.

Quote:
Everyone is an individual and we often have to function as groups.

True but no one lives in a vacuum.

Quote:
Not everyone is an extrovert, but, yes, even introverts need some socialization with a few people they feel confident enough to call their friends.

I agree.

Quote:
Being altruistic is simple enough, but then you find people who treat you as if you are "gullible" and try to use you and then that makes a bad example to be wary of from then onwards.

They don't see the bigger picture and if they did then they would see that they don't have to do this.

Quote:
Isn't this a Beetle's song?

I do not know.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 10:43 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:

I know, I just think the proverb is incomplete.

Being a proverb it does not need to be all inclusive.

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:

Agreed but if needed they would have to be made to where they could be taught.

Whatever.....

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:

How do you figure? I thought that is why the left do what they do because they want to help the have nots. Can you explain further please?

They want to help the have-nots only enough to keep them have-nots and voting democrat. There is no democrat plan to get them off of relief. only to keep them on the teat at the expense of others.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 10:47 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:

Quote:
The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

Right, freedom is slavery.
How could I have forgotten?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 10:48 am

Misslizard wrote:
You cut it down with a chainsaw,preferably a Stihl.

Husqvarna

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 12:07 pm

Raptor wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

Quote:
- Thomas Jefferson

Right, freedom is slavery.
How could I have forgotten?
Whatever.....

Mockery is often the result of a poverty of wit.
Jean De La Bruyere

Instead of mocking me then how about use reason to show me where my logic is off. If my reasoning is off then it is off. If I'm wrong then well, I'm wrong. No biggie!