Page 4 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 7:46 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
That is when you tell them you punched a fascist in the face and left a boot imprint on their face for good measure so they give you a high five and hire you on the spot assuming they aren't some fascist sympathizer.

And an assault charge is still an assault charge which means you have a criminal record and you resume goes to the bottom of the stack. I suppose they'll have to apply for a job in Hogwarts or Narnia, what they'll run into in the real world is more in line with what I'm suggesting unless it's an anarchist coffee shop or book store.

Exactly. There are jobs of which people with felony charges are excluded from doing (damnable discrimination). Good luck with trying to get around that and have them make an exception because of your "valorous" assault or virtue killing. That coffee shop might not be a bad deal though.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 7:56 am

vermontsavant wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
You will still get prosecuted,if you don't mind anger management classes and 6 months probation.Why not!

And good luck finding a job with assault charges.
Job application's usually only ask about felonies.

OP advocated and glorified punching to produce not only maximum injury (felony assault) but actually advocated for killing people. If I were a mod on a peaceful forum that wanted to keep the forum peaceful, I'd be giving some time off. Maybe accolades will be given instead here? We'll see.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 7:58 am

traven wrote:
just another infidel (no licence required)

how doesn't it look like djihad, the outward signalling kind of djihad

with masks ofcourse

fight a cause while not having a face

the state of men, virtue on...

This is interesting. And, Life of Brian is a great movie.

I've never thought there were similarities between religious dijihad and Antifa before, but I believe there are similarities. This gives me something worth contemplating today.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 8:01 am

Magna wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
You will still get prosecuted,if you don't mind anger management classes and 6 months probation.Why not!

OP advocated and glorified punching to produce not only maximum injury (felony assault) but actually advocated for killing people. If I were a mod on a peaceful forum that wanted to keep the forum peaceful, I'd be giving some time off. Maybe accolades will be given instead here? We'll see.
If he's advocating for killing people the post should have been removed by mods,if someone took his advice it could get Alex and WP sued for wrongful death.

I saw "punch" in the post not a vicious felonious assault,but maybe I read it wrong.One punch to the face is a misdomeanor but maybe I read the post wrong.and if there is anything about killing this post should be deleted.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 8:17 am

There’s a sort of meme about “punching Nazis.”

I don’t feel the OP was advocating murder....but I do believe he wanted to stir things up.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 8:24 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Depends. Might be hard to punch some old Nazi housewife in the face, buuuut, if it were a CONFIRMED Nazi war criminal who was a ruthless mass murderer? f**k that guy! Punch him right in the face. Hard - like it’s a-okay if it kills him, hard. 8)

God forbid someone condone and encourage violence against literal Nazi war criminals. The reichwingers here will be forever scarred by having to read Goldy's joke.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 8:26 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I don’t feel the OP was advocating murder....but I do believe he wanted to stir things up.
Yea,Mr.Goldfish never tries to stir thing up either right,this is a first for him LOL :lol: :lol:

I have never meant to encourage punching people,with my interest in true crime it's hard for me to not inject my knowledge of the justice system into a thread.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 8:29 am

funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Depends. Might be hard to punch some old Nazi housewife in the face, buuuut, if it were a CONFIRMED Nazi war criminal who was a ruthless mass murderer? f**k that guy! Punch him right in the face. Hard - like it’s a-okay if it kills him, hard. 8)

God forbid someone condone and encourage violence against literal Nazi war criminals. The reichwingers here will be forever scarred by having to read Goldy's joke.
I don't care about Nazi's either but WP could get a lawsuit if someone takes this thread to seriously.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 8:32 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
It's funny how many people only defend freedom of speech when it comes to bad behaviour

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
― George Orwell

What sense would it make to stand up for people engaging in behaviour that is already considered good?

There's a big difference between telling someone what they don't want to hear and insulting, threatening or swearing at them. These methods are also not the most efficient in getting people to listen to you either, nevermind convincing them :wink:

It's entirely possible to speak against things, criticise or present unpopular opinions in an articulate and civil manner and it works much better for people who's intentions are honest. I see using freedom of speech in this manner as a highly respectable thing worth protecting, going around shouting at people and calling them fat, stupid etc just makes me an a-hole and an ineffective one to boot. Unless my intentions were to stir up the pot anyway.

TLDR: If people want to use their freedoms in an irresponsible and trivial manner, that's their prerogative, but I'm not going to bother encouraging them.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 8:35 am

I don't think sudden unneeded violence solves anything, at the very least it is bad optics that can play into the hands of Nazis and other fascists to play the victim, which they love to do. They love to create that duality where they are both an intellectual truth saying that is simply saying what everyone is thinking and attacked by lesser minded people, but also super strong in how anti fascists are actually a bunch of wusses that would lose to them in a fight.

In the concept of punching a Nazi as it related to not giving any ground to such fascists, I think has some merit. Those who might be oppressed by their ideologies must never let the fascists walk over them. Never let someone spreading anti-Semitic conspiracy theories go unchallenged, always shine a light on people pushing great replacement narratives as people dog whistling for an ethnostate, and end bigotry by pushing for equality.

The people who are Nazis now can look very different from the WW2 soldiers, but many still hold the same kind ultra-nationalistic beliefs, aiming to return things to how they were at some nebulous point in the past, and scapegoating minority groups as somehow the causes of today's problems. Most are just more aware of branding in how they can't be too open with how their beliefs would oppress others and instead use misleading information and quick speak to make white supremacy seem logical.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 8:45 am

Magna wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Even if we're only discussing assault and not murder, promoting illegal activities was against the TOS here last time I checked.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 8:48 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Magna wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Even if we're only discussing assault and not murder, promoting illegal activities was against the TOS here last time I checked.
I previously mentioned this,this thread should be removed.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 8:50 am

vermontsavant wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I don't care about Nazi's either but WP could get a lawsuit if someone takes this thread to seriously.

If someone can't take a joke it isn't WP's fault. This seems like a bunch of right-wing snowflakes melting down.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 8:59 am

funeralxempire wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

If someone can't take a joke it isn't WP's fault. This seems like a bunch of right-wing snowflakes melting down.

Websites have been sued,whether they would win I don't know.I don't have an issue with putting down Nazi's but I just want WP to be safe from lawsuits.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 9:00 am

vermontsavant wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Yea,Mr.Goldfish never tries to stir thing up either right,this is a first for him LOL :lol: :lol:

I have never meant to encourage punching people,with my interest in true crime it's hard for me to not inject my knowledge of the justice system into a thread.

The fish has become a conservative hating trope. 8O

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 9:07 am

goldfish21 wrote:
And why is your answer “Yes?” :chin:

Back on topic, because defeating fascists before they come to power is much easier than defeating them once they're in power.