Page 32 of 50 [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 50  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 3:20 am

Well it seems that according to several people wanting to immigrate to America, that it's a great country, at least according to them. So I wonder, if Americans just have it as best as it can be overall, and they are really just complaining about first world problems, unless that is not the case?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 4:15 am

ironpony wrote:
Well it seems that according to several people wanting to immigrate to America, that it's a great country, at least according to them. So I wonder, if Americans just have it as best as it can be overall, and they are really just complaining about first world problems, unless that is not the case?

i for one am complaining that working class people in canada and norway have a far better standard of living than they do in america because they are not saddled with bankrupting levels of medical debt. it is a fairness issue. the people trying to get here are not worried about medical debt because they are poor and used to being ill from this or that, or they have folk remedies available to them.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 5:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel like taking the "morning-after pill" is much more of a preferable action to having an abortion.

I believe it should be made readily available.

I imagine it might be more of a problem in America than in Australia because we are more secular than you lot.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 5:23 am

Flown wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Those are legally abortions, not birth control.

Do you mean they are classified as abortion in some states/countries? Because they are NOT abortion in the technical sense. They simply prevent the body from ovulating or the egg from being fertilized. (You may already know that; I'm just trying to figure out what you mean here! Maybe you can point me to some information I was unaware of).

Well, based on what Isabella said, it can take up to 3 days for the sperm to impregnate the egg, and that is assuming the egg is there in the first place.
It would be highly improbable that the morning after pill would involve a fertilised cell if it was taken the morning after or before.

Flown wrote:
Pepe wrote:
But there is the morning after pill for obvious "accidents".
I have no idea if there are medical issues with those.

Yes, there are risks with taking morning after pills. They are generally safe, but they can nasty side effects for many. The thing is (and as you kind of implied)...many women won't even realize they need to take the morning after pill. They are only effective up to about 3 days after the "accident". This might work for an obviously broken condom, but I can think of a plethora of other situations where this wouldn't work (leaky condom, a partner who lied about using a condom, failed contraception, etc).

Once again, access to and the cost of these pills can be an issue. If a young woman under age 17 needs one, I'm pretty sure a prescription and healthcare visit is required (which can run an additional $45-250). I could see how this could be discouraging to some young women.

Well, I have always had a major problem with the concept of procreation.
If I were a woman, (and I have worryingly spent far too much time fantasising about that. :mrgreen: ), it would be a no-brainer in taking the MA pill.
The alternative of having an abortion at a later date, or heaven forbid, me birthing a baby, OUCH! 8O ) is unthinkable.
I'd rather retain my gurly figure to boot. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 5:26 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel like taking the "morning-after pill" is much more of a preferable action to having an abortion.

I believe it should be made readily available.

Having been a reluctant mother in a previous life, I totally agree. :mrgreen:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 8:39 am

am thinking the morning after pill maybe available , over the counter in France.
At one time the US was on that track , back in the 70s and 80 s..

But if that were to happen here, you would throw out of work so many lawyers that worked on
Roe V Wade
And ruin an election bargaining chip that has been around for years .

where ever you go ,there you are

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 10:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
ironpony wrote:

i for one am complaining that working class people in canada and norway have a far better standard of living than they do in america because they are not saddled with bankrupting levels of medical debt. it is a fairness issue. the people trying to get here are not worried about medical debt because they are poor and used to being ill from this or that, or they have folk remedies available to them.

but I thought poor people would worry more about stuff like that and not less.

Also, if Canada has a such higher standard of living, then why aren't people coming there instead of the US being so flooded with immigrants at the moment right now?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 11:04 am

The US border is aligned with the poorer countries . Immigration requirements for the US are pretty lax compared to Canadas . And what is weird is How people from Haiti are showing up at the US / Mexivo border.
On a slightly different note: if these thousands and thousand of immigrants are showing up at our borders . Why do they not remove their governments or whatever obstacles are in the way of their prosperity .. This seems to be the land of free money. And housing or whatever else you need .

And these things are made available to these immigrants, as soon as they go through the immigration process. When you see so many people whom grew up here .
Not getting work . or Able to get small business loans Or adequate medical care.. Shouldn't we be considering the people whom were in this Country before them and sorting those issues out . And i apologize if i am sounding Xenophobic .. But am left with few other possible , points of veiw.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 11:32 am

Jakki wrote:
On a slightly different note: if these thousands and thousand of immigrants are showing up at our borders . Why do they not remove their governments or whatever obstacles are in the way of their prosperity

Why don't they try to fight a war with their state when they'll most likely just be declared terrorists and killed for their troubles?

Probably because they'd rather remain alive and just move to get their kids to somewhere safer.

It's easy to advocate for other people to engage in violence when you won't have to bear any of the consequences of that choice, but why would someone who doesn't understand the problem and doesn't have any interest in the outcome be considered a worthwhile source of advice?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 11:45 am

Jakki wrote:
The US border is aligned with the poorer countries . Immigration requirements for the US are pretty lax compared to Canadas . And what is weird is How people from Haiti are showing up at the US / Mexivo border.
On a slightly different note: if these thousands and thousand of immigrants are showing up at our borders . Why do they not remove their governments or whatever obstacles are in the way of their prosperity .. This seems to be the land of free money. And housing or whatever else you need .

And these things are made available to these immigrants, as soon as they go through the immigration process. When you see so many people whom grew up here .
Not getting work . or Able to get small business loans Or adequate medical care.. Shouldn't we be considering the people whom were in this Country before them and sorting those issues out . And i apologize if i am sounding Xenophobic .. But am left with few other possible , points of veiw.

I understand that, but if Canada is a much better place to live than the US (according to some Americans who say that), then why doesn't the US just help get those foreigners who cross their borders to Canada, instead of making them live in a racist hellhole, like a lot of Americans claim the US is? Wouldn't those immigrants rather get to Canada instead?

Wouldn't it make more sense to get those foreigners to better countries, and fly them out to Canada, the UK, etc, instead of keeping them in the US where they will have to deal with all the problems the US has compared to those countries, at least according to Americans?

Last edited by ironpony on 29 Sep 2021, 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 11:50 am

Flown wrote:
Axeman wrote:
If I wanted a vasectomy I know it wouldn't be difficult to arrange. I certainly wouldn't face any of this crap.

You might even get a wink and a chummy pat on the back for getting one! :roll:

I loved this.

I guess when you are accustomed to privlige equality feels like oppression.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 11:50 am

Jakki wrote:

You are failing to acknowledge that these are asylum seekers, not people asking for handouts. Asylum seeking IS a legal avenue into the US. I would highly recommend you read even a tidbit of news about Haiti before making such a broad assumption. Not only have these people recently been affected by a magnitude 7.2 earthquake and a destructive tropical storm, but their country is in a state of unrest after the assassination of their President. Add gangs, poverty, and so many other things to that equation, and they have no other choice but to flee.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 11:57 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Jakki wrote:
On a slightly different note: if these thousands and thousand of immigrants are showing up at our borders . Why do they not remove their governments or whatever obstacles are in the way of their prosperity

Why don't they try to fight a war with their state when they'll most likely just be declared terrorists and killed for their troubles?

Probably because they'd rather remain alive and just move to get their kids to somewhere safer.

It's easy to advocate for other people to engage in violence when you won't have to bear any of the consequences of that choice, but why would someone who doesn't understand the problem and doesn't have any interest in the outcome be considered a worthwhile source of advice?

But in Haiti, the President was recently assassinated. Wouldn't this be a good opportunity to take over the oppressive government instead of fleeing? They are fleeing after the President was assassinated, so it seems like they are missing an opportunity here, aren't they? I mean if the government needs to be overthrown, and the President was just assassinated, isn't this sort of a freebee for Haitians who are being oppressed, and they can try to take over the government at this convenient time now, instead of just all fleeing?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 11:57 am

Axeman wrote:
If I wanted a vasectomy I know it wouldn't be difficult to arrange. I certainly wouldn't face any of this crap.
Oddly enough, there are people who seem to believe a man who has a vasectomy is a misogynist because his actions limit a woman's own reproductive choices.

:roll: What if she WANTS to have his baby, but his reproductive choice prevents it?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 12:06 pm

if you wish me to defend , cutoff peices of my post , will not usually do that . Haiti was involved in its own more recent civil war of sorts , but we the US provided backing to the existing criminal type government..
On to your point .. Even the USA had to become a viable country after engaging in a bloody revolutionary War. Sometimes big change seems to need somekind of upheaval in order to promote change . There almost aways seems to be necessicity of effort if there are to be changes.

Am supposing by what you have written that you are current a immigrant seeking to cross the US / Mexico border ... When you say to me about having experience .

Have you ever been to the border there? ." I have" and lived there for awhile .And returned there several times over the years And visited many other parts along that border . i understand about children and parents wanting a better life for them . And wish them the best.
But am quite sure the founding fathers and the extended families and other here during the revolutionary War . Had Children and wanted a better life for them.

And i do not claim to be the best source for advise . Can only respond to what i have read and experienced .

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 1:17 pm

ironpony wrote:
Jakki wrote:

I understand that, but if Canada is a much better place to live than the US (according to some Americans who say that), then why doesn't the US just help get those foreigners who cross their borders to Canada, instead of making them live in a racist hellhole, like a lot of Americans claim the US is? Wouldn't those immigrants rather get to Canada instead?

Wouldn't it make more sense to get those foreigners to better countries, and fly them out to Canada, the UK, etc, instead of keeping them in the US where they will have to deal with all the problems the US has compared to those countries, at least according to Americans?

Well if follow the plans the USA has for this country. is almost as i write this , the US gov has financed
the RailRoad industry here to set up a railway system that connects Mexico via the US a direct line to Canada . So it will be easier to transport goods and possibly immigrants to Canada. This has been revamped/ and revived by Biden , Also a plan is in the future that is a direct link to Canada from Mexico.by a highway, for trucks .
(Personally think this is part of a long term one world order plan, but that is only my impression of these longterm issues.) From things have picked up over the years from the net.
Conspirascy ideas or not given what i have read over years , since the inception of the net . Things are going on as scheduled .