Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Aug 2014, 2:16 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Whenever I see the words Bible Belt I picture a belt resembling a charm bracelet with a series of bible charms hanging off it, all around, with a Bible Belter wearing it, of course.

When I read 'bible belt' I get an image of Miss Trunchbull from Matilda.

^^^So you also liked Matilda? Yes, that was quite a memorable belt Miss Trunchbull wore.
Not that it had anything to do with the bible though... looked more like a neo-Nazi type of belt.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 4:13 am

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 4:17 am

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 12:32 pm

^the Bible Belt

Also, I can't believe I just witnessed an argument about whether to watch Fox or MSNBC/CNN or who cares? They all suck. I would watch Al Jazeera because at least they have real reporting, but I don't watch the news or care enough anyways.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 11:43 pm

The blue laws here in Texas are mostly directed at car dealerships, which can choose what day of the week to be closed. Alcohol is easily obtainable on Sundays.

As for marijuana, I thought is was illegal because back in the 1930s, the big industrialists were afraid that hemp would threaten their profits because it was cheaper.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2014, 12:45 am

We can get alcohol on Sundays just not from a liquor store. Beer from the grocery store and all kinda liquor drinks in restaurants. If those places can sell booze on Sunday, it's only fair liquor stores can, too.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2014, 4:12 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Whenever I see the words Bible Belt I picture a belt resembling a charm bracelet with a series of bible charms hanging off it, all around, with a Bible Belter wearing it, of course.

Maybe a "Bible Belt" is like a "bullet belt". Maybe it feeds tiny bibles into a machine gun.