Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 12:47 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Raptor, question. You state

Quote:
The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

What if the Tree of Liberty becomes the tyrant?

https://whyifailedinamerica1.wordpress. ... le-rights/

Right, freedom is slavery.
How could I have forgotten?
:roll:
Whatever.....

Mockery is often the result of a poverty of wit.
Jean De La Bruyere

Instead of mocking me then how about use reason to show me where my logic is off. If my reasoning is off then it is off. If I'm wrong then well, I'm wrong. No biggie!

If I'd picked that article apart paragraph by paragraph or sentence by sentence it you would have seen some real mocking,and condescension punctuated with lots of my favorite emoticon, the eye roller ( :roll: :roll: ).
You should thank me for sparing you from all that abasement. :D

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 1:18 pm

Well, pick it apart then. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. Don't spare me. I'm willing to alter my logic if you show me where I'm wrong. So, go ahead. Pick it apart. Rip it to shreds. Don't say you can. Don't brag about it. DO IT!

I've asked questions on there. Go ahead. Don't say it. Do it.

No mocking, No ad hominem attacks. Use straight logic and rationality. Either, Put up or Shut Up!

If I lose, I still win because I learned something new. I gained a better understanding of things. So, put me in my place.

I've been wrong on plenty of things like the idea of omnipotence of God. AngelRho and others helped me through that. So, whether there is a God or not I understand how it is logically possible for omnipotence to exist because they showed me, so show me.

In fact, I like being wrong, it stimulates the juices to think and go in a different direction.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 8:23 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Well, pick it apart then. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. Don't spare me. I'm willing to alter my logic if you show me where I'm wrong. So, go ahead. Pick it apart. Rip it to shreds. Don't say you can. Don't brag about it. DO IT!
There's no definitive right or wrong because it's a matter of opinion. It only becomes legally right or wrong after enough people of one opinion or the other take their opinions to the polls come election time.

Quote:
I've asked questions on there. Go ahead. Don't say it. Do it.
Oh stop crying. :roll:

Quote:
No mocking, No ad hominem attacks. Use straight logic and rationality. Either, Put up or Shut Up!
What fun would anything be without mocking, add hominy attacks and only using straight logic? Okay, enough tro...........I mean teasing and on to the dissection of your communist hero's article on the evils of property ownership.

Quote:
Our Inalienable Rights
I have looked at the ideas of our inalienable rights, capitalism, and free enterprise. Our inalienable rights are life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Really, what pursuit of happiness means is pursuit of property. Looking at the ideas of these rights and the idea that they?re inalienable is a double edge sword.

Since when does someone have to have property in order to have happiness? If property is what makes someone happy then so be it.

Quote:
If you look at the concept of pursuing happiness and liberty what does this entail? Where does it lead especially if people are focusing on these two rights as being priorities? Where it could possibly lead is a person or a group of people buying so much property and so influence they gain the ability to shape public policy and then they become our de facto government and our rulers.

Yes, owning a lot of property could give someone influence and/or power that someone with less property may not have. Property ownership, however, is not limited to nor does it exclude any demographic. If you?ve got the money you can buy all the property you want.

Quote:
Should this be allowed to happen?

Allowed? In other words no one should be ?allowed? to peruse happiness in the form of property ownership. Call me a heartless conservative but I don't see a hell of a lot of freedom in regulation.

Quote:
Does freedom and liberty become a form of tyranny?
Tyr?an?ny noun \ˈtir-ə-nē\
: cruel and unfair treatment by people with power over others
: a government in which all power belongs to one person
: the rule or authority of a tyrant

Kind of a stretch to associate property ownership with tyranny by definition.

WARNING: I can feel the condescension starting to creep down my arms, though my hands and fingers to my keyboard.

Quote:
Does freedom become slavery?
i] Slav?ery noun \ˈslā-v(ə-)rē\
: the state of being a slave
: the practice of owning slaves[/i]

Only if your property owning boogymen's property includes slaves, which last time I checked was outlawed in the US about 150 years ago.

Quote:
To explain this concept using a more concrete analogy, imagine a sphere more specifically the Earth. When one goes to the northern most tip, what happens he will eventually start going south.

Now our author is being condescending. I should file a grievance!

Quote:
The Soviet Union was a form of tyranny but it was overt and it was in your face. What if what we have is not a Soviet style tyranny but a tyranny that is covert that makes it seem like ?We the People? are in charge but our lords and masters were the 1% who was the best hustlers and businessmen of all who played the best in an opportunistic and competitive environment. Imagine these people gain through their own hard work, their skill and guile and then they start buying up a good chunk of the resources and other businesses.

Free enterprise; like it or move to North Korea

Quote:
For example, we have Wal-Mart today.

As loathsome as I find, Wal-Mart, they are the price that must be paid for free enterprise.

Quote:
As these businesses and these one percenters gain more power through economics, through various purchases and other acquisitions what if they become so powerful they start heavily influencing public policy.

More envy driven butthurt over the ?one percenter? boogymen and again a regurgitation of property owners and power. This whole article is turning out to be nothing more than a leftist crying jag in text form.

Quote:
As they gain more influence with our government leaders what if eventually these one percenters eventually become our defacto rulers and our government. Once they have control over the government through their puppets what if the tyranny eventually becomes overt which means our constitutional rights and our inalienable rights are extinguished. If I am correct on this then how would one put the brakes on this if the idea of our inalienable rights is absolute and the ideas behind them lead to tyranny itself then I have to ask how can these rights be inalienable whatsoever? What are the limits to the inalienability of our rights?

More tiresome regurgitation of the same thing except with each reiteration there is a little more embellishment with each consecutive paragraph. Borrrringgggg?.:tired:

Quote:
Imagine we have a paper cube that is green on the outside and red on the side. Imagine that the cube folds into itself and it becomes inside in which the red becomes the outside and green becomes the inside.

More breaking it down in simple terms for us cows.

Quote:
This is a natural process based upon the construct of this cube and this is the construct of our inalienable rights. What I am saying is that our inalienable and God given rights are not always the preventers of tyranny but can become the very cause of our tyranny.

So the only way to real freedom is for the people (i.e. the government) to own everything. All I?m seeing in this is envy typical of a have-nots or at least someone trying to whip up feverous resentment in the have-nots. I don?t have much but I still believe in the right to own property even at the expense of a few potential pitfalls. Really, this whole thing appeals only to those that lack the gumption to do anything for themselves and to have their government steal from the haves that they resent so much.

Quote:
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

Only in Orwell?s Oceana????.and, of course, the wishful minds of liberals.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 9:53 pm

Quote:
There's no definitive right or wrong because it's a matter of opinion.

Then everything is relative correct?

Quote:
It only becomes legally right or wrong after enough people of one opinion or the other take their opinions to the polls come election time.

So, only the law makes right or wrong? If this is so then who is the determiner if the law is right or wrong? The Nazis claimed they were following orders, so I do not agree that the law is the only thing that makes right or wrong.

Quote:
Oh stop crying. :roll:

s**t, if you saw me, you'd see a grin on my face :D Hey, want to get a bite to eat at subway? Man this is a laugh
Quote:
What fun would anything be without mocking, add hominy attacks and only using straight logic? Okay, enough tro...........I mean teasing and on to the dissection of your communist hero's article on the evils of property ownership.

Okay, why do you believe that just because I don't agree with the way things are done now and our present capitalistic system that I automatically support communism. Communism is on the other extreme of what we have now. We're on the North Pole, Communism is on the South Pole and I definitely do not support communism. The communism you're thinking about assumes the idea of The Nation State. Both Capitalism and Communism are two sides of the same coin. I say just toss the coin down the sewer. This is what I support and where I would be comfortable at.

https://whyifailedinamerica1.wordpress. ... o-live-in/

Quote:
Since when does someone have to have property in order to have happiness? If property is what makes someone happy then so be it.

Never said that. I said and I thought that the Pursuit of Happiness was another way of saying Pursuit of Property and that is what the Founding Father's meant. I thought they used a more restricted definition of the phrase pursuit of happiness. Hey, wouldn't be a first time I was wrong won't be the last right? Ya live and ya learn correct?

Quote:
Yes, owning a lot of property could give someone influence and/or power that someone with less property may not have. Property ownership, however, is not limited to nor does it exclude any demographic. If you?ve got the money you can buy all the property you want.

Think through what you just said and answer what would be the logical conclusion of what you just said?

Quote:
Allowed? In other words no one should be ?allowed? to peruse happiness in the form of property ownership. Call me a heartless conservative but I don't see a hell of a lot of freedom in regulation.

I don't think you even read what I even wrote. I never said to get rid of property ownership. Yes, I do believe in the ownership of property but not to an extent the property owner gains so much influence he is able to obtain absolute power by purchase.

Quote:
Quote:
Does freedom and liberty become a form of tyranny?
Tyr?an?ny noun \ˈtir-ə-nē\
: cruel and unfair treatment by people with power over others
: a government in which all power belongs to one person
: the rule or authority of a tyrant

Kind of a stretch to associate property ownership with tyranny by definition.

The first statement of your definition I agree with.
The second statement I have to put under question. Why can't 10 people or 1000 people rule together in an oligarchy type Tyranny? It's to narrow in its' definition.
The third statement I agree with.

Quote:
WARNING: I can feel the condescension starting to creep down my arms, though my hands and fingers to my keyboard.

If you have to be mocking or condescending, does this mean that you're insecure about what you believe.

Quote:
Does freedom become slavery?
i] Slav?ery noun \ˈslā-v(ə-)rē\
: the state of being a slave
: the practice of owning slaves[/i]

Only if your property owning boogymen's property includes slaves, which last time I checked was outlawed in the US about 150 years ago.
[/quote]

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/de ... sh/slavery

You're only using one definition which is a correct definition but not the context I'm using it in. I don't mean the slavery as in plantations.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/de ... sh/slavery

I'm using a combination of definition 1.2 and 1.3 and it does seem like you're a slave to the ideas of our inalienable rights and you accept them and love them without question or examination whereas I do not. I think they like anything else should be critically examined and I critically examined them and found a fatal problem which I explained.

Quote:
Now our author is being condescending. I should file a grievance!

I was using figurative language called an analogy to help illustrate my point. How you think I was being condescending is beyond me? Will you explain that kind sir so I can alter how I present myself to others if you don't mind? Thank You.

Quote:
Free enterprise; like it or move to North Korea

Either I like our system or move to North Korea? Why can't one detest both systems? Just because one system is horrible does that mean its' extreme opposite is any better? Yes, we have all of this great technology and scientific advancement and wealth. Materially, we're great but at what cost? What is the cost in terms of our mental health and our soul?

Quote:
As loathsome as I find, Wal-Mart, they are the price that must be paid for free enterprise.

Can you please, please think outside of the box of "Love it, or Leave it" and please do some thinking? You're acting like you're a part of a cult?

Quote:
More envy driven butthurt over the ?one percenter? boogymen and again a regurgitation of property owners and power. This whole article is turning out to be nothing more than a leftist crying jag in text form.

No attempt to address the argument presented but a. skirts and dodges the argument presented, b. makes ad-hominem attack by saying the interlocutor is envious. WTF man :lol: :lol: Can you guys get some new material please? You're killing me. Can you quit quoting your playbook, do some critical thinking and attack the argument presented? This is some funny s**t. :lol: :lol: All you're doing is regurgitating terms like Free Enterprise and Envy. Is there some master script you guys seem to have?

"Electrolytes are what Plants crave." "What are Electrolytes?" "They're what plants crave? "But, what's an electrolyte?" -quote from Idiocracy

This is what I get from you.

Quote:
More tiresome regurgitation of the same thing except with each reiteration there is a little more embellishment with each consecutive paragraph. Borrrringgggg?.:tired:

Maybe it is a bit repetitive. I am still working on that as a writer.

Quote:
More breaking it down in simple terms for us cows.

Nah, using it as an analogy. I was just making sure I was making myself clear and understood. I didn't know I was being condescending. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can present without coming across as condescending?

Quote:
So the only way to real freedom is for the people (i.e. the government) to own everything. All I?m seeing in this is envy typical of a have-nots or at least someone trying to whip up feverous resentment in the have-nots. I don?t have much but I still believe in the right to own property even at the expense of a few potential pitfalls. Really, this whole thing appeals only to those that lack the gumption to do anything for themselves and to have their government steal from the haves that they resent so much.

Wow, more of the same cultish rhetoric with any lack of critical thought but lots of ad-hominem attacks. So, what's an electrolyte again?

Quote:
Only in Orwell?s Oceana????.and, of course, the wishful minds of liberals.

I was using his phrases and his ideas to show that sometimes the very thing we're fighting for and what we believe in can lead to the very thing we're fighting against. It is very paradoxical yes. Please, read what I said again but with a critical and open mind instead of filtering it through your cultish rhetoric. You've not shown me why my rationality is off whatsoever but all you've done is mocked me which means I have to question your security in your beliefs.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 10:37 pm

/\ Oh, so you're the author of that *a-hem* piece of work.....
No wonder you're all wrapped around the axle and out of sorts over my wry comments. :P

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 10:53 pm

Raptor wrote:
No wonder you're all wrapped around the axle and out of sorts over my wry comments. :P

Wow, is this all you have to say? I'm not worked up whatsoever. You use the same talking points over and over in a cult like style. All you're doing is mocking,emoting, regurgitating and not thinking at all. Actually, you help to support another claim I have and that is America and the American belief system is a cult. You display cultish behavior just like many people with the exact same phrases and slogans I have encountered whenever I posed questions and queries such as this. You're nothing new.

You definitely have some insecurities.

Edited to Add: By the way, I have a problem with this proverb just like I do with most proverbs, one-liners, and slogans. The main problem I have is that they're to simplistic and they don't cover the full story.

Edited to Add Again: Your behavior is consistent with most Americans. So, you're not the first who has done this. You're sarcastic and you mock what you don't understand. There is no in depth analysis of what I said and no constructive feedback. If my argument is based upon fallacious reasoning there is no attempt to analyze and show where and why it is fallacious. Based upon my own personal experiences, American standards, beliefs, values and culture are not open to question, scrutiny, and challenge. Ideas like Free Enterprise and positivity are not open to question whatsoever without sarcasm and mockery entailing.

This means Robert N. Bellah is right when he claims that America itself is a civil religion. Ideas like the constitution, bill of rights, inalienable rights, and declaration of independence are not open to criticism, logical scrutiny, question, or challenge. These things are seen as religious and holy documents that are held as the epitome of perfection and our founding fathers are held up as though they're infallible and are never wrong.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 10:03 am

Raptor wrote:

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Wow, is this all you have to say? I'm not worked up whatsoever.

Could've fooled me.....

Quote:
You use the same talking points over and over in a cult like style. All you're doing is mocking,emoting, regurgitating and not thinking at all.

Aside from the "mocking" and "emoting" about all your article does is regurgitate the same thing over and over and only embellish a little more with each repetition.

Quote:
Actually, you help to support another claim I have and that is America and the American belief system is a cult. You display cultish behavior just like many people with the exact same phrases and slogans I have encountered whenever I posed questions and queries such as this. You're nothing new.

All Americans are alike, eh?
All in this cult you've built for us in your mind.

Quote:
You definitely have some insecurities.

Help me I'm insecure!!
Boo hoo hoo
:P

Quote:
Edited to Add: By the way, I have a problem with this proverb just like I do with most proverbs, one-liners, and slogans. The main problem I have is that they're to simplistic and they don't cover the full story.

"Pro·verb
ˈprävˌərb
noun
A short pithy saying in general use, stating a general truth or piece of advice."

Hint: Proverbs by definition are not all inclusive. The are supposed to be simplistic.

Quote:
Edited to Add Again: Your behavior is consistent with most Americans. So, you're not the first who has done this.

Another regurgitation about us naughty Americans.

Quote:
You're sarcastic and you mock what you don't understand. There is no in depth analysis of what I said and no constructive feedback. If my argument is based upon fallacious reasoning there is no attempt to analyze and show where and why it is fallacious. Based upon my own personal experiences, American standards, beliefs, values and culture are not open to question, scrutiny, and challenge. Ideas like Free Enterprise and positivity are not open to question whatsoever without sarcasm and mockery entailing.

More regurgitation of the previous anguish over mocking and sarcasm AND us cultish Americans. Definitely indicative of anger issues.

Quote:
This means Robert N. Bellah is right when he claims that America itself is a civil religion. Ideas like the constitution, bill of rights, inalienable rights, and declaration of independence are not open to criticism, logical scrutiny, question, or challenge. These things are seen as religious and holy documents that are held as the epitome of perfection and our founding fathers are held up as though they're infallible and are never wrong.

Yeah right, we should have a constitution that is subject to whatever's in vogue for the moment and dictated by mob rule. Or maybe no constituion at all and let our fuhrer decide what's best.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 2:03 pm

Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
You cut it down with a chainsaw,preferably a Stihl.

Husqvarna

Husqvarna? Maybe if you wanted a sewing machine. I'd definitely go with Stihl or Echo. Probably Stihl for a heavy duty work and Echo if you just wanted something small for trimming and general property maintenance.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 2:11 pm

Raptor wrote:
Property ownership, however, is not limited to nor does it exclude any demographic. If you?ve got the money you can buy all the property you want.

Just to weigh in on this one tiny point, saying that "If you?ve got the money you can buy all the property you want," is excluding one pretty big demographic, if you only break it down into the haves and have-nots as you frequently do.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 3:51 pm

Quote:
Could've fooled me.....

Why you keep going to my emotional state is beyond me.

Quote:
Aside from the "mocking" and "emoting" about all your article does is regurgitate the same thing over and over and only embellish a little more with each repetition.

I will give you this one. I do tend to get repetitive sometimes. This is something I am trying to work on. I will accept that constructive feedback. I used to be a lot worse though.

Quote:
All Americans are alike, eh?

Many is the operative word . I never said all.

Quote:
All in this cult you've built for us in your mind.

I stand by my claim from personal experience. My experience has been when I put forth questions and scrutinize certain beliefs even when I'm trying to understand them a good chunk of the time I end up with similar results. Again, I never said or claimed all. I claim many that I have encountered. You are so predictable that it is actually scary. You're a broken record. I have heard this before. It is Deja Vu.

Are you open to question whatsoever? Is America and the underlying belief and value system open to question and scrutiny. Are the gurus (founding fathers) ever wrong? I guess not.

Quote:
Help me I'm insecure!!
Boo hoo hoo
:P

What are you afraid of?

Quote:
Hint: Proverbs by definition are not all inclusive. The are supposed to be simplistic.

Okay, that's fine, I will give you that. I do not agree with the way they're used in American culture. They lack substance and for me are unhelpful. One needs more than just simple proverbs.

Quote:
Another regurgitation about us naughty Americans.

I am going by my personal experience. I have encountered a number of people in America such as yourself whom is not open to question.
Quote:
More regurgitation of the previous anguish over mocking and sarcasm AND us cultish Americans. Definitely indicative of anger issues.

Why do you keep referring to my emotional state? Who cares if I have anger issues or not? Why does that even matter to you? My attitude is irrelevant. Again, this is like a broken record. If I was paid a penny for every time someone told me I'm being negative, I'm entitled to nothing, I'm envious I would be a billionaire. Can't people in our society including you come up with their own original thoughts? :lol: :lol: Can't you guys come up with something else please?

Why can't we stick to the rationale and logic? You've already have given me some good some constructive feedback already although in a mocking tone.

Quote:
Yeah right, we should have a constitution that is subject to whatever's in vogue for the moment and dictated by mob rule. Or maybe no constituion at all and let our fuhrer decide what's best. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah right, we should have a constitution that is absolute, not open to question and scrutiny and is derived from certain inalienable rights that can conflict and contradict at times which are not open to questioning either. We should have a constitution that is sacrosanct, considered perfect and divine and the creators that are holy and divine instead of being men with great intelligence whom are imperfect and had imperfect ideas, thoughts and writings. If you look at Typhoid Mary, this is but one example in which the public good had to come first. People's lives had to come before this one woman's liberty. How are our rights inalienable again if they lead up to conflicts and contradictions such as this?

Are you open to questioning of your ideas? Are the founding father's thoughts, words, deeds, ideas and logic open to question and scrutiny? If you're not and they're not and these ideas are beyond reproach then Bellah is right and the USA is a civil religion and this religion is beyond reproach, question and scrutiny. You're one of the followers who is beyond reproach as well.

I could be using faulty reasoning and you all could be using sound reasoning. That is not the point now, the point is I put forth questions, used logic and scrutinized our inalienable rights and even if I was repetitive there is no attempt to refute it or have a civil discussion whatsoever. There is no questioning of your assumptions on your part. I've encountered this many times. If my reasoning is off; I will accept that. It seems like you're secure about your own beliefs, sure of yourself and have anger issues yourself. Why? It's okay to be wrong. No one is perfect including yourself and including me. We get our logic wrong from time to time. What are you so afraid of?

I will admit that I am insecure in things I believe in because my rationale could be faulty. No one is perfect and has perfect knowledge or wisdom including myself. Why would I be secure and sure of myself? I see humility as more of a positive trait then being secure and sure of myself.

There are two things that you are correct about.

1. I'm repetitive. I do need to work on this. This is a part of my pragmatic issues.

2. You were right about the definition of proverbs. They're designed to be simple. I didn't know this and you taught me something new. You've increased my knowledge base a bit.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 4:40 pm

To everyone else

Am I using fallacious reasoning here? Is my reasoning valid? If I'm working under faulty premises what faulty premises am I working under?

Am I looking at certain concepts in a way I'm not supposed to look at them in? Falcon keeps thinking I'm being condescending. Why? Do I come across that way? If I do what steps and measures can I do to ensure I'm not presenting in this way? From my point of view, I've heard his exact mockery and phrases from many people as well. It's a broken record. Why for all that is sacred do people including falcon react this way? Why refer to my emotional state and attitude?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 5:49 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
To everyone else

Am I using fallacious reasoning here? Is my reasoning valid? If I'm working under faulty premises what faulty premises am I working under?

Am I looking at certain concepts in a way I'm not supposed to look at them in? Falcon keeps thinking I'm being condescending. Why? Do I come across that way? If I do what steps and measures can I do to ensure I'm not presenting in this way? From my point of view, I've heard his exact mockery and phrases from many people as well. It's a broken record. Why for all that is sacred do people including falcon react this way? Why refer to my emotional state and attitude?

I'll be an everyone else for now.
Any published reasoning, even on a message board, is going to at least be subject to criticism. Your reasoning of property ownership being detrimental to freedom runs afoul of conservatism and probably libertarianism, if I may be so bold.
The falcon thinks condescension is funny. The falcon also thinks that people should not bring too many of their feelings to a forum intended for the discussion of the three big no-no's of polite discourse; politics, philosophy, and religion.
If it's any consolation, the falcon was a lot naughtier in 2011-2012. :twisted:
You johnny-come-latelys are actually getting a kinder gentler falcon.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 6:18 pm

Quote:
I'll be an everyone else for now.

That's fine!

Quote:
Any published reasoning, even on a message board, is going to at least be subject to criticism.

No s**t! There are two forms of criticism, constructive and destructive. You're using destructive which is absurd. Oh Alright in a hesitant voice. I'll be absurd as well :lol:

Quote:
Your reasoning of property ownership being detrimental to freedom runs afoul of conservatism and probably libertarianism, if I may be so bold.

and??? Is conservatism and libertarianism open to questioning, scrutiny and examination, yes or no?

Quote:
The falcon thinks condescension is funny.

To me, it adds nothing and contributes nothing. How does it make us better thinkers over all?

Quote:
The falcon also thinks that people should not bring too many of their feelings to a forum intended for the discussion of the three big no-no's of polite discourse; politics, philosophy, and religion.

Shaking my Damn Head at this one! This man thinks I brought my feelings. You know what I will admit it. I did bring my feelings. I am in utter shock at the buffoonery displayed before my eyes and it brings laughter and tears to my eyes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
If it's any consolation, the falcon was a lot naughtier in 2011-2012. :twisted:

Which contributed absolutely nothing, IMHO.

Quote:
You johnny-come-latelys are actually getting a kinder gentler falcon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I guess I shall be honored and graced with receiving a kinder and gentler falcon in addition to a slab of buffoonery. Now, where is my Ketchup?

You know what Falcon, you're right. Being condescending is pretty funny. I really got to do it more because it has put me in a very jovial mood.

Last edited by cubedemon6073 on 08 Sep 2014, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 6:22 pm

I'll bundle yours to save space. Everyone and their uncle knows how this is going to go.....

sonofghandi wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
You cut it down with a chainsaw,preferably a Stihl.

Husqvarna

Husqvarna? Maybe if you wanted a sewing machine. I'd definitely go with Stihl or Echo. Probably Stihl for a heavy duty work and Echo if you just wanted something small for trimming and general property maintenance.

Sigh......
First off, I'm not a subject matter expert on chainsaws. I bought mine at Lowe's one day when they were on sale and I was feeling like a manly man and every man should have a chainsaw in his battery of manly things. Ahrrrr....
I don't have enough trees in my little yard to justify a chainsaw.

In your case I'm getting the impression that the breadth of your chainsaw knowledge comes from about 5-10 minutes of googling just to try and get one up on me. Even an admitted dumb ass like me on the subject of chainsaws knows that Husqvarna makes chainsaws that are good enough for more than just light trimming and the occasional bigger job. Now come back and tell me how you were raised in a lumberjack family and that I'm just being an unreasonable meanie as always.

sonofghandi wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Property ownership, however, is not limited to nor does it exclude any demographic. If you've got the money you can buy all the property you want.

Just to weigh in on this one tiny point, saying that "If you?ve got the money you can buy all the property you want," is excluding one pretty big demographic, if you only break it down into the haves and have-nots as you frequently do.

Did you know that many (even most) of the very rich families have dirt poor roots? They built wealth a little at a time by seizing opportunities and taking risks while accepting and learning from the losses. There was no Uncle Sugar to hold their hand and give them free stuff.
The problem with the left is that they want guarantees and assurances on everything in life.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 6:38 pm

Most loggers prefer Stihl.Husky is second choice.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 6:51 pm

Quote:
Did you know that many (even most) of the very rich families have dirt poor roots? They built wealth a little at a time by seizing opportunities and taking risks while accepting and learning from the losses. There was no Uncle Sugar to hold their hand and give them free stuff.
The problem with the left is that they want guarantees and assurances on everything in life.

Sighs the way Schnitzel sighs.