Page 6 of 12 [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 6:41 am

ruveyn wrote:
xenon13 wrote:
One hilarious conspiracy theory is the one that says that Palestine really was a land without a people until the world Anti-Semitic Conspiracy got together when they figured out that the Jews wanted it and rushed people to Palestine, racing the Jews in order to thwart the Jews because everyone is just dying the thwart the Jews at every turn.

Anyone who believes that is quite foolish. It is worse. It is irredentism. The Orthodox Jews insisted that the Zionist movement (which was -secular- and political, not religious) was sinful. The Orthodox insisted that Jews would be returned to the land stolen from the Canaanites by Abraham and some of his descendants when God was good and ready to make the return happen.

Normally I consider the Orthodox Jewish folks a bit extreme, but the way things are working out in the region and the modern State of Israel (which is not the Kingdom the prophets wrote about), it turns out that the Orthodox might have been right. The Israelis are being out-bred by their Muslim neighbors. They are fighting a losing battle on the reproduction front.

The future of Jews and Judaism is still in the Diaspora.

By the way, as a matter of historical fact, there always have been some Jews in the Land, since the time of Abraham. The Diaspora did not move all of the Israelites out of the area when the Assyrians and later the Babylonians conquered the area. It moved out most of the inhabitants but not all. For example the Samaritans were not driven out. The Samaritans were Jews and descended from the people who came to the Land from Egypt.

ruveyn

For the record, both Jews and Muslims are the sons and daughters of Abraham. Born of the one God and branches of the one tree.

Last edited by ripped on 20 Jan 2013, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 11:44 am

ripped wrote:

For the record, both Jews and Muslims are the children of Abraham. Born of the one God and branches of the one tree.

Yes. But Ishmael was Abraham's bastard child born unto Hagar, the Egyptian, Sarah's handmaid.

Isaac was Abraham's rightful son, born unto his -wife- Sarah.

Here is what scripture has to say about Ishmael:

Genesis 16:12
He will be a wild ass of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers."

Bango, Bingo, right on the mark, yes?

ruveyn

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 1:31 pm

ruveyn wrote:
He will be a wild ass of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers."

ruveyn

That makes me wonder, what was the dominant religion or theology of the Arabian peninsula right before Muhammad's vision? Where they Christians, Jews, worshipers of Baal or Astaroth? I'd love to know how his vision caught on like a forest fire - ie. what the pre-existing basis was that fueled the founding of Islam.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 1:41 pm

BlackSabre7 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
You don't have to break the law to get charged for something. :lol:
We can arrange that also............
\

Didn't think of that. Where's my Seekers CD?
Oh I remember now..... iT"S IN MY HEAD!!

And soon we will be too.............muhahahahahahaha

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 1:53 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

That makes me wonder, what was the dominant religion or theology of the Arabian peninsula right before Muhammad's vision? Where they Christians, Jews, worshipers of Baal or Astaroth? I'd love to know how his vision caught on like a forest fire - ie. what the pre-existing basis was that fueled the founding of Islam.

I believe the Arabs were mostly pagans.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 1:54 pm

CSBurks wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Wouldn't they have laughed off a guy who was claiming the same root God as the Jews and Christians?

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 2:14 pm

The spread of Islam was greatly assisted by the events following the assassination of Emperor Maurice in 602. The long war pitting the Roman Empire against Sassanid Persia made the both of them new victims of the new Islamic power with Persia and its Zoroastrianism being completely broken and the Romans forced to retreat into Asia Minor.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 2:33 pm

same s**t with buddhism overtaking taoism
big temples [taoism had none]
plenty of people to perve at
and compare clothing
hotter action
yeah baby

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 3:26 pm

Anthropogenic climate change being a coordinated hoax carried out by the scientific establishment.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 3:36 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
CSBurks wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I used to wonder that too. Seems to be a bit of a contradiction. The ancestor of the arabs are supposed to have had a heritage of participating in the same monotheism as the Jews- but at the time of Mohammed they were pagan idolaters in desperate need of this new thing called monotheism. Both might be true- they might have backslid-in the intervening two or three thousand years between Abraham and Mohammed- like the jews themselves almost did while moses was on mount Sinai.

Dont know why they would "laugh" at mohammed anymore than the pagan Brits would laugh at St. George, or the Pagan Irish would laugh at St. Patrick for trying to convert them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 5:46 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
CSBurks wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I used to wonder that too. Seems to be a bit of a contradiction. The ancestor of the arabs are supposed to have had a heritage of participating in the same monotheism as the Jews- but at the time of Mohammed they were pagan idolaters in desperate need of this new thing called monotheism. Both might be true- they might have backslid-in the intervening two or three thousand years between Abraham and Mohammed- like the jews themselves almost did while moses was on mount Sinai.

Dont know why they would "laugh" at mohammed anymore than the pagan Brits would laugh at St. George, or the Pagan Irish would laugh at St. Patrick for trying to convert them.

Because while those Christian guys came in peace and humility, Mohamed and his followers were major asskickers who didn't know the meaning of the word peace. That sort of thing appeals to peoples whose religion and culture revolve around the sword.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 6:11 pm

I just came across a really good one, which is the plot of the new Devil May Cry reboot.

The world is controlled by demons who love in a parallel reality called Limbo. In our world, the Demon King takes the form of a banker who controls world leaders by threatening to destroy their countries' economies.

Fox News is a demon-controlled propaganda station, and Bill O'Reilly is a demon in human form. The "terrorists" that Bill O'Reilly rants about are actually an underground organisation attempting to overthrow the Demon King, and their "terrorist attacks" are actually the real-world impact of their battles against demons in Limbo.

Popular energy drinks are spiked with a mind-control chemical which is harvested from the vomit of an ancient succubus.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 6:20 pm

Declension wrote:
Popular energy drinks are spiked with a mind-control chemical which is harvested from the vomit of an ancient succubus.

Wonder if Redbull and Rockstar will be suing over that.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 6:28 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Declension wrote:

Wonder if Redbull and Rockstar will be suing over that.

Well in the game, there's just one energy drink that has huge market dominance, called "Virility". It comes in green cans, but it's not really a parody of any particular drink.

The Fox News thing, on the other hand, is extremely specific. Fox News is called Raptor News, and Bill O'Reilly is called Bob Barbas, but it's obvious what the developers intended. Bob Barbas looks exactly like Bill O'Reilly. You have a boss battle against Bob Barbas, and at one point while you are fighting him he actually screams "WE'LL DO IT LIVE!"

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 6:34 pm

Declension wrote:
The Fox News thing, on the other hand, is extremely specific. Fox News is called Raptor News, and Bill O'Reilly is called Bob Barbas, but it's obvious what the developers intended. Bob Barbas looks exactly like Bill O'Reilly. You have a boss battle against Bob Barbas, and at one point while you are fighting him he actually screams "WE'LL DO IT LIVE!"

Well, there's danger in that too - ie. demonize one puppet, trust the other, same puppeteer.

I don't think there's anything Fox or Bill O'Reilly could do on that, ie. you could make Obama, Pelosi, Chris Matthews, etc. demons and bosses and because they're public figures there's little they can do.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 9:00 pm

There is finite amount of preservered vomit from the ancient succubus.

Thats why I invested my life savings to corner the market,and will soon be rolling in dough from the energy drink manufacturers.